GDT: NHL Draft Lottery Thread DEVILS. #. ONE. OVER. ALL!

Derlique

10 minutes ago, BlueSkirt said:

I like his pedigree:

Hughes comes from a family of ice hockey athletes. His older brother, Quinn, was drafted 7th overall in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft by the Vancouver Canucks. His younger brother Luke plays minor hockey for Little Caesars 15U AAA[1] and will play on the U.S. National Development U17 Team during the 2019–20 season.[14] Their father, Jim Hughes, is a former hockey player and team captain for Providence College, an assistant coach for the Boston Bruins, and the director of player development for the Toronto Maple Leafs.[15][16] His mother, Ellen, played ice hockey, lacrosse, and soccer at the University of New Hampshire and, in 2012, was inducted into the University of New Hampshire Athletics Hall of Fame.[16] She also played for the United States women's national ice hockey team, and won a silver medal at the 1992 World Championship.

Quinn Hughes is the name of a kid who, if he didn’t play hockey, would never have made it to school with his lunch money. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I can't sit still!!!

Seriously people step back and think about this, we went from hoping we had a top 5 pick to getting the number 1 overall. Don't dwell on Hughes/Kakko, rejoice in that we just got a major bump of talent in the pipeline!

I mean it's a complete game changer.  I can't express it properly right now but it's..

I mean we just moved the rebuild up a couple years.  Easily.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I can't sit still!!!

Seriously people step back and think about this, we went from hoping we had a top 5 pick to getting the number 1 overall. Don't dwell on Hughes/Kakko, rejoice in that we just got a major bump of talent in the pipeline!

My thoughts exactly. Without the 1 or 2, it was a long dark road ahead. Fortunes reversed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I can't sit still!!!

You're not kidding.  For a second there I was thinking "motherfvcker, we really are going to drop all the way to 6th"    

• Like 1

Just now, Lateralous said:

You're not kidding.  For a second there I was thinking "motherfvcker, we really are going to drop all the way to 6th"    

When they got skipped, I was 100% sure the Rangers were getting #1. Once we got into the top 3, I knew it was going to be us. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Quinn Hughes is the name of a kid who, if he didn’t play hockey, would never have made it to school with his lunch money. 

and is now working at Goldman Sachs taking dumps the size of you...but who is counting...

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

Patrik Kane is what this kid is supposed to be. What a gift!!!

And Kane is 5’10 btw for everyone that’s worried about Hughes’ size. Hughes himself was talking about how he will get bigger and stronger when they were interviewing him before the drawing. Which is true. Look at the difference in Nico from year one to year two. 

I also love that he said he definitely wants to play center. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

And Kane is 5’10 btw for everyone that’s worried about Hughes’ size. Hughes himself was talking about how he will get bigger and stronger when they were interviewing him before the drawing. Which is true. Look at the difference in Nico from year one to year two. 

I remember when Kane came into the league he was about 165 lbs on paper. He was probably 155 lbs. I thought he was going to die. I wasn't right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I want to add that I wasn’t saying I wouldn’t pick him based on his size, it was just an observation I was making. 

• Like 2