GDT: NHL Draft Lottery Thread DEVILS. #. ONE. OVER. ALL!

Derlique

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

ffs you need to SLASH that piss poor negative attitude.

Jesus H. Christmas,  did any of you guys read my follow up post? I said I was just being overly pessimistic (as a result of being shell shocked by this season) and even joked about my post afterward. I'll be happy as hell with either pick quite honestly.  I dont remember McDavids reaction. All I initially saw was Hughes acting a bit unimpressed when they mentioned the Devils as potential suitors so my initial thought was I hope the guy wont be like that if we draft him. I corrected my post about 5 minutes later. Let's bury this dead horse please .

5 hours ago, Marshall said:

I haven't posted in a long time but I have to log in to say: holy sh!t. I thought I was gonna die when the NYR win was announced.

There were a bunch of us in chat, and @jasonmacissac (where is his account!?) posted a link on twitter to the leaked teams moving up. When Chicago moved up, we knew NJ was going up as well. Still fully expected us to be third, but for a good 15 minutes, we were debating the legitimacy of the leak!

Anyway, I am firmly team Jack Hughes at the moment. Good teams come at you with waves, and having a 1-2 center punch of Hughes/Hischier does that. Kakko will probably be able run his own line in the near future, but if you look at Stanley Cup winners, they are strong down the middle.

Backstrom/Kuznetsov; Crosby/Malkin; Kopitar/Carter; Bergeron/Krejci

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Someone's comparison between Toews/Kane and Nico/Hughes has me feeling all sorts of excited.

#intangibles 

At first, and for months, I was gunning for Kakko. But Hughes may be just too good to pass up. I don't regret the Nico pick at all so i trust Ray & Co.

• Like 1