GDT: NHL Draft Lottery Thread DEVILS. #. ONE. OVER. ALL!

Derlique

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well... if they care that much about reuniting them... they can just trade Quinn to NJ.... we do need some D... 

The consensus in the chat last night was that the cost for Q. Hughes would be prohibitive.

Like Nico, probably.

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

we do need some D... 

Now you sound like my man @Kinkyisth3b3st

Speaking of which, Kinky, you keeping that screen name??

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

The consensus in the chat last night was that the cost for Q. Hughes would be prohibitive.

Like Nico, probably.

Is he that good? I’ve never heard of him until last night and he has 5 games played. 

3A in those 5 games, though...

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Is he that good? I’ve never heard of him until last night and he has 5 games played. 

7th pick overall in 2018

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I didn't think so but the guys who know this stuff seemed pretty certain about it.

Seemed like a lot to me.

56 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well he was drafted wayyyy ahead of Ty Smith and we're all acting like Ty Smith is the 2nd coming of Nieds already so.... he must be really good based on that lol

Not sure if this was posted, but an article on how the draw is actually conducted.  Rangers winning combo for the 2nd pick was apparently 2, 5, 9, 11.  Order does not matter.  Haven't seen anything about the Devils or BHawks winning numbers.

https://foreverblueshirts.com/how-the-nhl-draft-lottery-actually-works/

Edited by Matteau#32

7 minutes ago, Matteau#32 said:

Not sure if this was posted, but an article on how the draw is actually conducted.  Rangers winning combo for the 2nd pick was apparently 2, 5, 9, 11.  Order does not matter.  Haven't seen anything about the Devils or BHawks winning numbers.

The full lottery draw was posted here:

Devils won with 2-4-10-12, Rangers 2-5-9-11, Blackhawks 2-3-9-11

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that’s the real answer. Plus an obvious Rangers guy, writing about their luck in getting the second pick when a local team got the first. 

It is all about the clicks, nowadays.  I stopped reading him years ago, but even if people read him just to make fun of him and call him an idiot, he is doing his job.

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well... is she really defending Newark or she's just saying there's better options in that area? lol

I think she’s saying NJ is a great place to live (which it is). She’s not exactly defending Newark, but she’s saying just because the team plays in Newark doesn’t mean the players all live there. None of the Red Wings players live in Detroit either lol.

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that’s the real answer. Plus an obvious Rangers guy, writing about their luck in getting the second pick when a local team got the first. 

He's not an obvious Ranger guy in my opinion. He gives the Devs their due.   Plus, I liked him on the Devs broadcasts way back in the day

On 4/10/2019 at 7:54 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Petterson and multiple firsts.  That’s just to get Shero to pick up the phone.  

Obviously, your suggestion is the most reasonable one possible but this really shouldn't get Shero to pick up the phone either. With the way the draft lottery works now, you can't be guaranteed better than the 4th pick, which is almost never a lock for an elite player. Hughes and Kakko will be elite players. If this was pre-lottery fine, but the Devils have the #1 pick. In today's NHL and in a year with a player as good as Hughes, that's almost invaluable.

And this is coming from someone who was opening to trading our top pick two years ago. And reading between the lines, the Devils did inquire, but rightly weren't willing to drop below #3 (Heiskanen), which Dallas wasn't willing to part with, also rightly.

Edited by Neb00rs

On 4/9/2019 at 9:02 PM, slasher72 said:

Did his lack of expression worry you? I dunno...he reminded me of Eli Manning the day the Chargers were about to draft him #1 overall. 

I didn't see this at all. Not that it means anything but he smiled when the Devils were announced as the winner and retweeted the video showing the Devils winning the top pick. I'm not saying he wanted to come to NJ (he did) but there's no reason to compare his reaction to Eli's or say it was negative at all. That's all in your head.

799150289_Screenshot(790)_LI.jpg.52e9935678e0dbc44ad52272a1bf79f6.jpg

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I didn't see this at all. Not that it means anything but he smiled when the Devils were announced as the winner and retweeted the video showing the Devils winning the top pick. I'm not saying he wanted to come to NJ (he did) but there's no reason to compare his reaction to Eli's or say it was negative at all. That's all in your head.

799150289_Screenshot(790)_LI.jpg.52e9935678e0dbc44ad52272a1bf79f6.jpg

That’s very interesting.