Derlique

GDT: NHL Draft Lottery Thread DEVILS. #. ONE. OVER. ALL!

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

There’s risk with any pick. Kid is the consensus #1 for a reason though. Take him and don’t think twice. 

I like his pedigree:

Hughes comes from a family of ice hockey athletes. His older brother, Quinn, was drafted 7th overall in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft by the Vancouver Canucks. His younger brother Luke plays minor hockey for Little Caesars 15U AAA[1] and will play on the U.S. National Development U17 Team during the 2019–20 season.[14] Their father, Jim Hughes, is a former hockey player and team captain for Providence College, an assistant coach for the Boston Bruins, and the director of player development for the Toronto Maple Leafs.[15][16] His mother, Ellen, played ice hockey, lacrosse, and soccer at the University of New Hampshire and, in 2012, was inducted into the University of New Hampshire Athletics Hall of Fame.[16] She also played for the United States women's national ice hockey team, and won a silver medal at the 1992 World Championship.

28 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Johnny Hockey says no. 

• Like 1

i am going to fly under the radar here tonight without any xbox monger trying to tell me I never won a fantasy hockey league before while picking his nose on his parents' couch living in their basement...

this is gonna rule kids!

10 minutes ago, BlueSkirt said:

I like his pedigree:

Hughes comes from a family of ice hockey athletes. His older brother, Quinn, was drafted 7th overall in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft by the Vancouver Canucks. His younger brother Luke plays minor hockey for Little Caesars 15U AAA[1] and will play on the U.S. National Development U17 Team during the 2019–20 season.[14] Their father, Jim Hughes, is a former hockey player and team captain for Providence College, an assistant coach for the Boston Bruins, and the director of player development for the Toronto Maple Leafs.[15][16] His mother, Ellen, played ice hockey, lacrosse, and soccer at the University of New Hampshire and, in 2012, was inducted into the University of New Hampshire Athletics Hall of Fame.[16] She also played for the United States women's national ice hockey team, and won a silver medal at the 1992 World Championship.

Quinn Hughes is the name of a kid who, if he didn’t play hockey, would never have made it to school with his lunch money. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I can't sit still!!!

Seriously people step back and think about this, we went from hoping we had a top 5 pick to getting the number 1 overall. Don't dwell on Hughes/Kakko, rejoice in that we just got a major bump of talent in the pipeline!

I mean it's a complete game changer.  I can't express it properly right now but it's..

I mean we just moved the rebuild up a couple years.  Easily.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I can't sit still!!!

Seriously people step back and think about this, we went from hoping we had a top 5 pick to getting the number 1 overall. Don't dwell on Hughes/Kakko, rejoice in that we just got a major bump of talent in the pipeline!

My thoughts exactly. Without the 1 or 2, it was a long dark road ahead. Fortunes reversed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I can't sit still!!!

You're not kidding.  For a second there I was thinking "motherfvcker, we really are going to drop all the way to 6th"    

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Apparently his funny bone is intact. Makes sense, because that would be an upper body injury and he had lower. 

FIRE THE DRAFT!

;) 

Image result for you're fired gif

Just now, Lateralous said:

You're not kidding.  For a second there I was thinking "motherfvcker, we really are going to drop all the way to 6th"    

When they got skipped, I was 100% sure the Rangers were getting #1. Once we got into the top 3, I knew it was going to be us. 

Does this mean we're going to be as good as the Oilers?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Quinn Hughes is the name of a kid who, if he didn’t play hockey, would never have made it to school with his lunch money. 

and is now working at Goldman Sachs taking dumps the size of you...but who is counting...

1 minute ago, mikepeluso8 said:

and is now working at Goldman Sachs taking dumps the size of you...but who is counting...

I’m not sure, is that a good thing?

Edited by mfitz804

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Just sounds like a typical Irishman to me. 

Holy sh!t guys, if we get Hischier or Hughes on the wing, we will have the Triple H line? Hall-Hischier-Hughes.

Image result for triple h

• Like 3

This also makes us more attractive for free agents. Maybe we can lure the bread man and/or EK

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Did his lack of expression worry you? I dunno...he reminded me of Eli Manning the day the Chargers were about to draft him #1 overall. 

I think you’re looking for things to be unhappy about.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

This also makes us more attractive for free agents. Maybe we can lure the bread man and/or EK

Add those two guys, plus the #1 pick, plus extend Hall, and that’s the best offseason a team ever had. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neb00rs said:

As much as I am appreciative of us winning, I hate the Rangers so much, I almost still feel bitter that the Rangers won too.

This is so ridiculous and irrational, but I guarantee we all feel the exact same way.

• Like 3

Hudson River rivalry will never be the same. This adds a completely new dynamic to it with Hughes vs Kakko in the forefront 

• Like 5

I can’t wait to take the drive down from Montreal to jersey for the home opener guna be an interesting off season