Hughes or Kakko

Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Shero pick?

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well, how bout Quinn Hughes comes here to play with his brother? Why is it always the other way around? So if you wanna look at it that way, Vancouver has the same ‘problem’ lol.

Brooks wrote today something along the lines of expect the Devils to get a "massive offer" from Vancouver so they can get the Hughes brothers together. Guess they have a thing for that

They pick 10. F*ck that

https://nypost.com/2019/04/10/kaapo-kakko-or-jack-hughes-rangers-hit-nhl-draft-jackpot-either-way/

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

42 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s not something we have to worry about for 8 years. 

Not to mention that IF Shero selects Hughes and IF he turns out to be as good as everyone seems to think...I'm sure Shero will lock him up to a max-length deal, same way Edmonton did with McDavid.  So then it would be 11 years total.  But that's not even something worth being concerned about right now.  Certainly no reason to shy away from drafting Hughes. 

• Like 3

Just now, Jimmy Leeds said:

Brooks wrote today something along the lines of expect the Devils to get a "massive offer" from Vancouver so they can get the brothers together. Guess they have a thing for that

They pick 10. F*ck that

https://nypost.com/2019/04/10/kaapo-kakko-or-jack-hughes-rangers-hit-nhl-draft-jackpot-either-way/

Yeah that's been brought up...to me, Vancouver starts with Petterson + multiple first-rounders (non-lottery protected) before Shero even considers listening further.  But I think that's just Brooks flapping his literary gums more than anything else.  Nothing to any of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah that's been brought up...to me, Vancouver starts with Petterson + multiple first-rounders (non-lottery protected) before Shero even considers listening further.  But I think that's just Brooks flapping his literary gums more than anything else.  Nothing to any of it. 

Ha, I literally just saw that in the other thread.  My bad. Toss Horvath in 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Brooks wrote today something along the lines of expect the Devils to get a "massive offer" from Vancouver so they can get the Hughes brothers together. Guess they have a thing for that

They pick 10. F*ck that

Yeah Vancouver can piss up a rope lol.

22 hours ago, Matteau#32 said:

And, if Kakko turns into Michael Jordan while Hughes is Hakeem Olajuwon?  Not that Olajuwon was not great, but the only 2 seasons he won titles was when Jordan was pretending to be a baseball player.  Or worse, as in Sam Bowie?

Oh come on, we were all getting along for once and then you put that name... The NBA equivalent to Alexandre Daigle

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

one thing on my mind and its pretty minor but still there between kakko and Hughes. being from Finland, If Kakko comes here we won't have to really worry about anything connecting him to another team and a reason to leave (and he's not russian). Cause we all know we've been burned multiple times with that.

With Hughes well he has a brother in Vancouver.. he's from Florida. bla bla bla. Those teams will always be linked as a potential destination and distraction

We should only draft an only child from Newark. Problems solved, crisis averted. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

They pick 10. F*ck that

Boeser and Petterson 

Is Vancouver really that desperate for Jack Hughes to go to their team, just because his brother is there? Or is this more of a media take? If it's the former, that's actually kind of pathetic that they attribute so much of their "success" to the Sedins being brothers that they are clinging onto some brotherly connection like that.

that said, let's bring Quinn here

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

We should only draft an only child from Newark. Problems solved, crisis averted. 

International players works too lol And well as dumb as it sounds. If that would have made us draft Gaudreau who's from NJ we'd be pretty happy about that dumb decision lol

and i know he was from south NJ, flyers fan bla bla bla

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

International players works too lol And well as dumb as it sounds. If that would have made us draft Gaudreau who's from NJ we'd be pretty happy about that dumb decision lol

and i know he was from south NJ, flyers fan bla bla bla

If the Devils drafted Gaudreau I think he would have bought into NJ enough to not have the John Tavares Toronto style wet dreams. 

My two cents are to draft Hughes. I have seen the term "generational talent" and other similar adjectives from scouts. Swing for the fences and rebuild another dynasty. Kakko seems like a great player but I just haven't seen the same level of upside. Hughes does have the size issue and 20 years ago that would have been a problem. Lucky for him, that matters much less now. 

23 minutes ago, devilsadvoc8 said:

My two cents are to draft Hughes. I have seen the term "generational talent" and other similar adjectives from scouts. Swing for the fences and rebuild another dynasty. Kakko seems like a great player but I just haven't seen the same level of upside. Hughes does have the size issue and 20 years ago that would have been a problem. Lucky for him, that matters much less now. 

I'm not going to say I don't somewhat agree with you, but size still makes a difference. Look at teams that NJ always has problems with, in large part, because of their size advantage... Colorado, Winnipeg, and St. Louis come to mind. I still take Hughes but NJ is hurting for larger bodies and they have none in the pipeline. 

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm not going to say I don't somewhat agree with you, but size still makes a difference. Look at teams that NJ always has problems with, in large part, because of their size advantage... Colorado, Winnipeg, and St. Louis come to mind. I still take Hughes but NJ is hurting for larger bodies and they have none in the pipeline. 

We had Zacha, Maroon, Boyle, and Mueller last season and still weren’t even close. It was lack of talent. Not size. 

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure we're drafting Hughes. So much so, I have already ingrained a deep visceral hate into my psyche for Kakko. I've already accepted him as a Rangers a$$hole.

In all seriousness, Kakko does remind me a lot of Laine and he'd be a great fit on our top line but when I watch Hughes skate and puck handle, man he's truly a special player, a cut above Nico, a true franchise-changing top pick. The below is a very good illustration of what Jack Hughes' USNTDP numbers mean:

https://thepuckauthority.com/how-good-is-2019-nhl-prospect-jack-hughes/

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I'm pretty sure we're drafting Hughes. So much so, I have already ingrained a deep visceral hate into my psyche for Kakko. I've already accepted him as a Rangers a$$hole.

In all seriousness, Kakko does remind me a lot of Laine and he'd be a great fit on our top line but when I watch Hughes skate and puck handle, man he's truly a special player, a cut above Nico, a true franchise-changing top pick. The below is a very good illustration of what Jack Hughes' USNTDP numbers mean: 

https://thepuckauthority.com/how-good-is-2019-nhl-prospect-jack-hughes/

img_5224.jpg?ssl=1

• Like 4