Hughes or Kakko

Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Shero pick?

7 goals and 12 points combined between Hughes and Caufield today, I wish those two could play together forever

Also that's the Hughes hatty snipe ^

EDIT: 8 goals, 14 points now. Another nice feed by Hughes to Caufield, 7 points (4G, 3A) apiece for them.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Caufield with ANOTHER goal assisted by Hughes. I feel bad for this Slovak goalie. Holy sh!t.

If Caufield is available when the Devils make their first second-round selection, they have to think about snagging him.

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He won’t be. He’s going to go top 10 at this rate. 

(Lack of) size sometimes scare teams off, and guys like him can drop.  If Shero really likes him, and he doesn’t go that early, he can even try to move up to snag him (offering a pair of seconds or something like that).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If Caufield is available when the Devils make their first second-round selection, they have to think about snagging him.

the announcers kept mentioning most of the stars of the US squad are potential top 10 picks.  The only thing I could think of him dropping to second round is his size.  But that doesn't seem to matter any more in today's NHL.

Edited by Rock
typo

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

(Lack of) size sometimes scare teams off, and guys like him can drop.  If Shero really likes him, and he doesn’t go that early, he can even try to move up to snag him (offering a pair of seconds or something like that).

Lack of size doesn't scare enough teams anymore.  It doesn't look like he'll make it past 15 at the latest. 

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Like Daniel said he won't make it past 15 and to even move up there I don't think a pair of seconds will do it.

I would trade a 2nd, 3rd, Bratt and McLeod to move up to snag him.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Like Daniel said he won't make it past 15 and to even move up there I don't think a pair of seconds will do it.

I would trade a 2nd, 3rd, Bratt and McLeod to move up to snag him.

Only problem with that is from what I’ve read, he’s not a guy who will help right away.  Bratt has at least shown nice flashes of being a good player in the present (just has to stay healthy and find consistency).  But I get it, gotta give the team holding the lock holding the team something.

Yeah, if Caufield’s projected to be a Top 15 pick, then maybe the price to land him would be too prohibitive...I was hoping his size might scare teams off just enough, but it was crazy to think he had any chance to fall into the second round.  I only mentioned two seconds as a starting point, really...sure, you’d have to give the team willing to trade the pick at least one more asset, possible two more.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This was the truth for way too long. But I think that DeBrincat is the straw that broke the camel's back. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You got a Leremy Tunsil-style video you’re gonna drop on draft day? Otherwise we’re seein this boy gone in the top-15; he’ll probably sneak up to top-10 at this point.

Still grateful for that video- it netted us our best player lol! 🍺

Edited by MadDog2020