Hughes or Kakko

Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Shero pick?

4 hours ago, titans04 said:

nah calling bs the 'average" fan on each side are dopes with limited to zero knowledge.  Are clowns are on par with everybody else's clowns. Look noi\ further than yelling you suck regardless of the score or how pathetic the team is overall.

Your post actually backs up your point but not in the way you intended lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Your post actually backs up your point but not in the way you intended lol

no lol - your initial point I believe was the average rags fans are bigger dopes,  I don't buy it our average fans are every bit as clueless.

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

What about Pettersson and 10OA?

Where do I sign up?

Insane value for Hughes here.  Canucks would never do it.

That said, I do wonder what it'd cost to get Q Hughes.  Probably a whole lot.

Edited by Devilsfan118

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Where do I sign up?

Insane value for Hughes here.  Canucks would never do it.

That said, I do wonder what it'd cost to get Q Hughes.  Probably a whole lot.

Let's just become the clear better team out of the 2 so that in 7 years or wtv it's Q that wants to join Jack in NJ

Honestly though i really really like Smith but i'd be willing to trade him Q depending on what we'd have to add... Q is better than Smith i believe and having the brothers together and keeping them happy might be worth it. It's possible that Smith becomes the best out of the 2 in the long run but it's like they say... happy wife.. happy family lol

Edited by SterioDesign

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

You’re wrong. 

If Petersson + 10OA is on the table, I make it. But it wouldn’t be. 

Regardless, I don’t even listen if Petersson isn’t the first name mentioned. 

Why are you so confident in making that trade? Below is the last 10 tenth overall draft picks. It's a real mixed bag, with nothing that impressive, aside from Rantanen (who wouldn't have even been there had the Devils not been dumb enough to draft Zacha at 6). So despite Jack Hughes' ceiling of elite NHL superstar, you're eager to make this trade, because Elias Pettersson had 66 points in his rookie season and knowing that 10th overall is likely to be nothing more than a serviceable player? Again, why? Pettersson is clearly good but in my mind you have to consider what the value of Pettersson for Hughes would be. I can only assume you believe that Pettersson is going to be better if you want this trade.

2018: Evan Bouchard (D)

2017: Owen Tippett

2016: Tyson Jost

2015: Mikko Rantanen 

2014: Nick Ritchie

2013: Valeri Nichushkin

2012: Slater Koekkoek

2011: Jonas Brodin

2010: Dylan McIlrath

2009: Magnus Paajarvi

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Why are you so confident in making that trade? Below is the last 10 tenth overall draft picks. It's a real mixed bag, with nothing that impressive, aside from Rantanen (who wouldn't have even been there had the Devils not been dumb enough to draft Zacha at 6). So despite Jack Hughes' ceiling of elite NHL superstar, you're eager to make this trade, because Elias Pettersson had 66 points in his rookie season and knowing that 10th overall is likely to be nothing more than a serviceable player? Again, why? Pettersson is clearly good but in my mind you have to consider what the value of Pettersson for Hughes would be. I can only assume you believe that Pettersson is going to be better if you want this trade.

Completely agree.  I wouldn't trade Petterson for Hughes at this point.  10 years from now we may say something different once their careers are established and there's numbers to look back on, but at the moment it seems like Hughes has more potential, maybe considerably more, and I'm willing to roll the dice on that  One good season from Petterson isn't nearly enough to make me think otherwise.

• Like 3

Jack Hughes has the potential to be one of the five best forwards in the league and apparently it's arguable that when he comes into the league as an 18 year old that the only player in the league that skates better than him will be McDavid.Petterson is a great player, but there's a good chance his 20% shooting percentage in his rookie year will be unsustainable.

When you have a chance to draft someone like Hughes, you don't do anything cute.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Well not going to speak for MB3 but my own take would be that eventhough i think Hughes will be better than Pettersson... having 2 top players in some case may be better than 1 slightly better one. 

I think the best example would be... say you're about to draft McDavid but the Oilers offer you Draisailt + 10overall. Which would be draisaitl + Rantanen... McDavid is obviously the better player and possibly the best player in the world 

But Draisaitl (105pts ) + Rantanen (87pts) last year so 192 points total and McDavid got 116pts... (obviously i know some of draisailt points were because of mcdavid and all but that's beside the point im trying to make, its obviously not that black and white but it's just an example that 2 elite players mayyyyyyyyy be better than one generational talent player in some cases)

Im not saying im making that trade but it's still something you have to consider

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well not going to speak for MB3 but my own take would be that eventhough i think Hughes will be better than Pettersson... having 2 top players in some case may be better than 1 slightly better one. 

I think the best example would be... say you're about to draft McDavid but the Oilers offer you Draisailt + 10overall. Which would be draisaitl + Rantanen... McDavid is obviously the better player and possibly the best player in the world 

But Draisaitl (105pts ) + Rantanen (87pts) last year so 192 points total and McDavid got 116pts... (obviously i know some of draisailt points were because of mcdavid and all but that's beside the point im trying to make, its obviously not that black and white but it's just an example that 2 elite players mayyyyyyyyy be better than one generational talent player in some cases)

The point is that 10 could very well be someone who plays less than 100 games in the NHL, and it's actually very unlikely that player will be nearly as good as Rantanen. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The point is that 10 could very well be someone who plays less than 100 games in the NHL, and it's actually very unlikely that player will be nearly as good as Rantanen. 

oh absolutely it certainly goes both way. 

We should trade Hughes for his brother + 10 and draft Caufield... then realize everyone did it all wrong lolol 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

well it's obviously not happening. But we have nothing to talk about until then so lol

Uhh, there’s pages and pages talking about it already. 

I am not aware of a team having the first pick and then trading it instead of using it. I’d be curious to know if it’s happened. 

5 minutes ago, Crisis said:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/were-no-1-the-history-of-trading-the-nhls-top-pick/

2003 - MAF

2002 - Nash

1999 - Stefan

1998 - Lecavalier

Thank you. I’m going to go look at those situations. That article has some fact issues, they have Eric Lindros’s pick as having been traded when it was not, he was drafted #1, refused to sign, and then was traded. Not the same. 

EDIT: Looking at those, I wouldn’t count Lecavalier, that was trading what would eventually be the #1, not the actual #1.

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

When you have a chance to draft someone like Hughes, you don't do anything cute.

And Shero has basically spoken the first part of your sentence verbatim, making the second part a bit more vague for etiquette, obviously. 

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

while it's hilarious. if we're honest that whole "wanting to play with his brother" thing will always worry us. But it's years down the road at least

His brother is a UFA first. He can always come here too. Nonetheless, this isn’t something we have to even consider for about eight years.

• Like 3