Hughes or Kakko

Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Shero pick?

12 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Advanced stats from the WHC. Biggest thing that jumps out at me is how much better Hughes is at zone entries. 

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=99833

This doesn't surprise me much, I felt like when I was watching games they were just about as good as each other and Kakko was just getting a lot more ice time and more puck luck, this kinda confirms that feeling for me. Think the World Championships got way overblown for a lot of people.

9 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I don't think it minimizes Kakko in anyway as a player. He's still gonna be great for Chicago after the Rangers take the Russian (I'm gonna keep speaking that into the universe) but Hughes is just a guy you can't pass up

Love it. Best case scenario.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Can someone please explain to me what someone's RELIGION has to do with where he gets drafted?

Stan Fischler has really gone senile here.  

Just take a look and listen :

he will be on the next pepperidge farm commercial.. " I'm Stan fischler and you should all remember, pepperidge farm remembers when I used to know wtf I'm talking about"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Can someone please explain to me what someone's RELIGION has to do with where he gets drafted?

Stan Fischler is NY Ranger supporter more than a NJ Devil. Agreed he repped us for many years, but that was his job, and some would agree he wasn't that good at it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anhkheg said:

Stan Fischler is NY Ranger supporter more than a NJ Devil. Agreed he repped us for many years, but that was his job, and some would agree he wasn't that good at it.

Pretty much. 

If I was Hughes, and I heard this, I would be pretty offended as it basically undermines everything I've ever accomplished by saying "Oh! You're Jewish.  No wonder you're getting selected 1st overall".     good grief, Stan... :doh1:

EDIT : Oh and stan's final comment on him picking Kakko if he was Ray Shero?    Thank god, he's not Ray Shero then.  

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I loathed Stan Fischler towards the end of his MSG career. His “mavens corner” segments were bizarre, senile, and stupid. 

He also couldn’t pronounce “Elias” if I remember correctly.

I’ve always found him especially irritating. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I loathed Stan Fischler towards the end of his MSG career. His “mavens corner” segments were bizarre, senile, and stupid. 

He also couldn’t pronounce “Elias” if I remember correctly.

It also felt like he tried way too hard to have a totally different opinion than other people, like claiming that a 3 goal lead is the most dangerous in hockey and other stuff. That video is par for the course with him.  

• Like 4

On 6/7/2019 at 9:56 PM, glenwo2 said:

Fischler (also Jewish) is just excited that a Jewish player is ranked so high. For many Jews, being Jewish is a culture thing as much if not more so then a religious one. I don't think he was trying to make a salient point on Hughes personal beliefs, Stan is just proud.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:56 PM, glenwo2 said:

If I ever heard Shero use ‘who would be more ready to step in and help right away” to justify who he picked #1, I would blow a gasket.  Fortunately, I doubt he’s thinking that way.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lateralous said:

If I ever heard Shero use ‘who would be more ready to step in and help right away” to justify who he picked #1, I would blow a gasket.  Fortunately, I doubt he’s thinking that way.  

thats the complete opposite of how sheros entire attitude has been through out this rebuild. Everything has been be patient and let things develop, not lets make a shotgun move to see what will come of it today.

12 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

https://www.nhl.com/devils/multimedia/podcast

Shero’s take on Hughes and Kakko concerns me.  Through all the discussion and expectations it needs to be Hughes.  Don’t like that 57 second clip, doesn’t sound good.  Someone please prove me wrong...ideally Ray.

I don’t think that sound clip tips anything towards drafting Kakko. I still think he is going Hughes

49 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

If Ray chooses Kakko I am ending my Devils fandom.

Call me fairweather, IDGAF.

You can't do that.  If Ray chooses Kakko, I think a lot of us will be disappointed, but it's just something we'd have to roll with.  You could end your fandom with/of Shero.  But not the team.