Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko

Hughes or Kakko?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Shero pick?

seeing what Hall and Hischier accomplished together already... and what Hughes and Caufield did... 

With a Hall / Hischier, Hughes/Palms combo. Things should be good

• Like 5

Hey Rangers fan that weirdly posts here who said he'd "rather have the 2nd overall pick" -- thoughts?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Hey Rangers fan that weirdly posts here who said he'd "rather have the 2nd overall pick" -- thoughts?

What was the Rags fan's username so we can call him out on that?  ;)

Uhh...remember when I said that Nico Hischier isn't even on Nico Hischier's level....YET?  

About that :

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Nico is going to break out as a point per game player next season. Do we know who the Swiss scrimmaged against? Edit: nevermind it was France.

There’s talk Hughes may join the big boys at the world championships. Would be great to see him learn from Kane.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, devlman said:

Nico is going to break out as a point per game player next season. Do we know who the Swiss scrimmaged against? Edit: nevermind it was France.

There’s talk Hughes may join the big boys at the world championships. Would be great to see him learn from Kane.

HEY ! 

(but ok... yeah... we suck so bad) 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, moustic said:

HEY ! 

(but ok... yeah... we suck so bad) 

spacer.png

Uhh....

(the kid has to really learn everything about here) 

• Like 9

So Sweden wins the Gold Medal in OT.

GOOD.  

There was no Gimmick to decide it but instead it was the TEAM that did so.   

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

So Sweden wins the Gold Medal in OT.

GOOD.  

There was no Gimmick to decide it but instead it was the TEAM that did so.   

The next step after a shootout to make the result even less related to playing hockey is to base the outcome of the game on when Mrs. Fields, Auntie Anne’s or Rita’s Custard wins the race. 

Winning team also gets a dessert voucher. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Kind of an update:  @DarrenDreger 

Strong indication Jack Hughes will be reporting to the US men’s team next week. Jack’s older brother Quinn is already on a strong American roster.

ETA: This would really make the Worlds fun to watch - must see hockey - playoffs schmayoffs.

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

This should put a smile on everyone's face :

Awww...Poor Kaako was left scoreless.  :D

BTW, can't wait to see how Bratt plays alongside Hughes.     

Oh...did you notice this that Jesper is wearing his NJ Devils Mitts/Gloves?     Nice Touch, Unicorn.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

With moves like this, I'm not surprised :

Edited by glenwo2
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2019 at 2:29 PM, moustic said:

(the kid has to really learn everything about here) 

Oh wait...YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT ME?    :o

Unbelievable that it took a day and 200 years for me to realize this.  :doh1:

Edited by glenwo2
  • Haha 2

Hughes is on the US roster for the World Championships. We get a nice comparison with Kakko. 

Team GB is going to be in for a rough, rough ride. 

• Like 3

As far as the draft goes - I'm surprised Hughes agreed to go.  He's clearly the #1 right now, and a bad tourney could change that.

From a hockey development perspective - happy he's going and getting the experience.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

As far as the draft goes - I'm surprised Hughes agreed to go.  He's clearly the #1 right now, and a bad tourney could change that.

From a hockey development perspective - happy he's going and getting the experience.

As long as he doesn't get hurt. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I hate to say it, but maybe he's not sold on New Jersey and doesn't care if he falls to #2. Not that they are any better than we are really, but the perception is that its a better place to be. 

So if he kills it and stays #1, great. If he totally flops, we pick Kakko and then the Rangers take him, he'll probably be equally as happy. 

Of course, I must counteract the things I have said above by adding fvck the Rangers and I hope whoever they pick fails miserably. 

• Angry 1

I can't envision any scenario where Hughes has a terrible enough showing at the tourney to make him fall to #2.  I thought there was a decent chance we took Kakko over the past few weeks, but seeing how he just ended his last tournament, I think it's pretty much cemented that we're going to take him now.  And I'm fully on board with it.  I want Hughes pretty badly now, and I'll be upset if we don't take him.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I hate to say it, but maybe he's not sold on New Jersey and doesn't care if he falls to #2. Not that they are any better than we are really, but the perception is that its a better place to be. 

So if he kills it and stays #1, great. If he totally flops, we pick Kakko and then the Rangers take him, he'll probably be equally as happy. 

Of course, I must counteract the things I have said above by adding fvck the Rangers and I hope whoever they pick fails miserably. 

I'm still holding out hope that the Rangers are going to stick with their Russian thing and take that kid instead. And then he stays in Russia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4