Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko

Hughes or Kakko?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Shero pick?

^ Once Auston said "No thanks", I knew then that Jack would play 'cause they actually didn't have room for him if Matthews was on the team.

Should be awesome to see how he does.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

many posters here and i don't insist it's just one of many example

Examples of what and why are you bringing it up?

FWIW, Jack Hughes will become the first U.S. player to appear in the U18 World Championship, World Junior Championship and Men's World Championship in the same season. He's also the youngest to compete in the Men's Worlds, per Chris Peters ESPN.

• Like 4

Hynes is going to get an chance to coach Hughes pre-draft and get to know him a bit. Excellent.

• Like 8

I'm to the point where I'd be pretty devastated if it wasn't Hughes....Great article on the U.S. U-18's last run and their push to get the bronze to keep a streak of 15 straight tourneys with a medal alive (didn't know that was a thing) https://theathletic.com/955458/2019/05/02/hockey-has-no-feelings-inside-team-usas-heartbreak-and-redemption/

Highlights on quotes about/from Jack: 

Hughes thought it was going in. Everybody did. “It would have been nice,” Hughes said simply afterward, the crushing disappointment of the eventual shootout loss surfacing as a blank stare while he answered postgame questions in three- or four-word sentences. His conclusion is one all players come to at some point in this unforgiving sport. “That’s hockey,” he said. “That’s what happens.”

“Jack is at another level. The best part about that, if he’s on that next level, they want to be like him,” said Caufield’s dad, Paul. “They’re striving to be like him every day.”

“It’s a very competitive game,” Shero said. “From the first shift, Jack is dialed in. It’s hard to be on all the time and the effort is always there from him. But you can see, he’s making a difference. He sees the ice, makes plays. Obviously uses the ice well. He’s a selfless player who has the instinct to buy time and when you have the edges he has, it’s hard to contain.”

From Jack's dad: “These kids are elite hockey players. If they don’t know it now, they learned it yesterday but hockey is a very humbling sport,” he says. “I’ve always said that. People don’t understand what that means. You’re high. You’re low. You’re in the middle. You have no idea what’s around the corner, so you have to treat it that way. There’s no room for arrogance. There’s no room for anything other than the fact that the sport is bigger than all its parts.”

Jack Hughes quickly found his parents waiting for him. And after hugs and a quick chat with his mom and dad, he searched out all the other parents who helped along the way for a hug and thank you.

• Like 9

Ugh, the Atlantic

His father gives good advice.   Good families usually make good kids.

This kid is it

• Like 2

On 5/2/2019 at 8:36 AM, Steadevils said:

Jack Hughes quickly found his parents waiting for him. And after hugs and a quick chat with his mom and dad, he searched out all the other parents who helped along the way for a hug and thank you.

I like everything you quoted, but this one says a lot. He seems like the kind of guy who will be grateful to be drafted and get right to work

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This has to be the worst kept secret in NJ Devils history regarding who they'll pick #1.   :haha2:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Hughes is wearing a full cage

As every damn hockey player should.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Hughes is wearing a full cage

he has to until he turns 18, I believe next Tuesday

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

As every damn hockey player should.

To each their own but I always wear one.  I'm too pretty to risk it.

• Haha 2

He looks FAST. He looks small, too. All in all he looks like he belongs though. Does not play like a 17yr old. 

• Like 2

Hughes with a nifty little assist to JVR to make it 4-2 USA

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Crisis said:

The assist was obviously slick, but the zone-entry and then the feed to Kane (I think?) about 20 seconds before the assist was just jaw dropping. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Here it is: 

• Like 3

On 4/30/2019 at 7:22 PM, devlman said:

Annoying how stupid NY sports media are. All of a sudden they think they’re hockey experts and think Kakko is on par with Hughes lol. Steve Somers just gave some Devils fan sh!t by asking who scored in game 7 of the world juniors. Yes, game 7...completely hockey illiterate these people are. The average Devils fan knows 100x more hockey than the typical rag fan.

nah calling bs the 'average" fan on each side are dopes with limited to zero knowledge.  Are clowns are on par with everybody else's clowns. Look noi\ further than yelling you suck regardless of the score or how pathetic the team is overall.