Jump to content
Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko

Hughes or Kakko?  

90 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should Shero pick?



Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

By October?

lol

Definitely not. And looking at guys like Gaudreau, maybe a little bit, but maybe not so much. 

I'm not overly concerned about his size. I'm going to assume he's always played against guys bigger than him. Will that be harder at the NHL level? Obviously. But if he has the talent level he is supposed to have, he'll figure that sh!t out. 

Even a Nico-style bulk up would do him good. Nico was not much bigger this year but was much less easy to knock off the puck than he was in his rookie year. 

59 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Kid obviously will fill out and bulk up a little as he gets older, but that ain't happenin' overnight.

I don't know, I turned 40 and I seemed to "bulk up" overnight lol. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elias Pettersson is built like I was in high school and he managed to do allright.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Elias Pettersson is built like I was in high school and he managed to do allright.

Hughes is built like I was in the 6th grade...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Hughes is built like I was in the 6th grade...

You were in terrific shape in the 6th grade then.  :rolling:

Edited by glenwo2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

You were in terrific shape in the 6th grade then.  :rolling:

That’s correct. By 9th grade I was built more like Kakko. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Daniel said:

Elias Pettersson is built like I was in high school and he managed to do allright.

Well, he’s 6’2 so not the best comparison. 

Hughes being such a good skater and better on his edges than pretty much everyone not named McDavid will help a lot in the open ice. He’ll just have to get stronger on the boards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well, he’s 6’2 so not the best comparison. 

Hughes being such a good skater and better on his edges than pretty much everyone not named McDavid will help a lot in the open ice. He’ll just have to get stronger on the boards. 

I was 6’2” in high school and very skinny like Petterson.  Unless he bulked up significantly during the season there is no way on earth he is 170 lbs as is listed on his stat sheet.  He must have been closer to 155 like I was back then.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Well, he’s 6’2 so not the best comparison. 

Hughes being such a good skater and better on his edges than pretty much everyone not named McDavid will help a lot in the open ice. He’ll just have to get stronger on the boards

That's where Zacha being on his left wing will come in handy👍  PZ can be a beast against the boards and if the coaches get on him to use that shot of his more, he could pot a lot of goals with Hughes's ability to set up his linemates.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

That's where Zacha being on his left wing will come in handy👍  PZ can be a beast against the boards and if the coaches get on him to use that shot of his more, he could pot a lot of goals with Hughes's ability to set up his linemates.     

No thanks to Zacha in the top 6. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

This perfectly describes us right now :

 

 

 

spacer.png

Does that make me the troll for starting this thread?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jerzey said:

Does that make me the troll for starting this thread?

Well if you have to ask...

It's like when you're playing poker and you can't spot the fish at the table...you're the fish. ;)

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

im very uncomfortable seeing how good Kakko is. Goddamnit why is it the Rangers picking second

It's going to be a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

 

We pick Hughes, they get Kakko.

We pick Kakko, they get Hughes.

 

We're supposed to feel like Winners here for getting the #1 pick but it looks like it's the Rags who are the real winners here.       Good lord...

Edited by glenwo2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of you really need to get a grip. This kind of knee jerk crap really shows why fans are fans and GM’s and scouts are GM’s and scouts.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Some of you really need to get a grip. This kind of knee jerk crap really shows why fans are fans and GM’s and scouts are GM’s and scouts.

are you talking about me? what's the prob ? i said it sucks that the Rangers are getting a really really good player. What does it have to do with GMs and scouts sh!t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

are you talking about me? what's the prob ? i said it sucks that the Rangers are getting a really really good player. What does it have to do with GMs and scouts sh!t

It's my fault.

I've pissed off basically EVERYONE here and now even slight differences of opinion are being wrecked.    Sorry.   :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

are you talking about me? what's the prob ? i said it sucks that the Rangers are getting a really really good player. What does it have to do with GMs and scouts sh!t

Not you specifically, it just seems people in general are losing their minds that Kakko looks really good and that this tournament means a whole lot (it doesn’t). Glenwo went as far to say as the Rags are in a better position in the 2 spot. I mean, I can’t abide this kind of thinking. It’s ludicrous. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not you specifically, it just seems people in general are losing their minds that Kakko looks really good and that this tournament means a whole lot (it doesn’t). Glenwo went as far to say as the Rags are in a better position in the 2 spot. I mean, I can’t abide this kind of thinking. It’s ludicrous. 

Well for the sake of just having a discussion. I can see a good argument where the Rags are in a better position. Simply based on the fact that they cannot make a bad pick here and "may" end up with the best player in the long run. Is that my personal belief? no. But it's certainly not impossible. Jack still has a lot to prove. It's all projections for now while Kakko is showing us what he can do. So it's not like it's an insane statement IMO 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not you specifically, it just seems people in general are losing their minds that Kakko looks really good and that this tournament means a whole lot (it doesn’t). Glenwo went as far to say as the Rags are in a better position in the 2 spot. I mean, I can’t abide this kind of thinking. It’s ludicrous. 

What a superb display of speed and skill Kakko displayed on that goal against perennial hockey powerhouse *checks notes* Denmark.

Listen, it was a really good goal, but there was also terrible defense and goaltending on the play. And are you going to try and tell me Jack Hughes can't make that play?

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In their draft years, Patrik Laine had a much more impressive U20 and World Championship showing than Auston Matthews and Kakko's this year.  In fact, Laine's World Championship showing blows away Kakko's if you consider that Laine played on a team with mostly NHLers and hence less ice time while Kakko is the go to guy on his team in that he's literally the only NHLer (come October).  Everyone who said Laine was better than Matthews based on that looks really stupid now, and Matthews is the highest paid player in the league while Laine will probably be getting a bridge deal. 

It's recency bias, no matter how much they deny that it is.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well for the sake of just having a discussion. I can see a good argument where the Rags are in a better position. Simply based on the fact that they cannot make a bad pick here and "may" end up with the best player in the long run. Is that my personal belief? no. But it's certainly not impossible. Jack still has a lot to prove. It's all projections for now while Kakko is showing us what he can do. So it's not like it's an insane statement IMO 

No, I mean the Rags are in a very good spot at #2.... but ask Jeff Gorton and the Rags’ scouts, and I’m sure they would tell you they would prefer having the first overall. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.