2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

In any event, he clearly did not donate $10m despite the giant check, and the reports and the talk show appearances. He pledged to raise $10m,  and to donate some unspecified part of it himself. Not the same. 

I don't know if he himself says "I donated $10m", if he does, he's a douche and a liar. 

I'm not sure but he sure knows that it's what people would think... just look at our very our MB3 who fell for it and just said that he DONATED 10m. And he's not the only one who believes that.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Thats actually true though and you're right. I don't remember him causing any problem in NJ. But he had problems in LA, Calgary and MTL. So it was not unfair to be worried about it.

I did say i never liked him but that he was a scorer so that i'd take his goals, just wouldnt cheer for him. His play dropped and he sucked and was bought out.

At the end of the day i never changed my mind and liked him more because he was a Devil. Which is what was insinuated i'd do and why i brought him up. 

Do you have any articles where he was listed as a locker room cancer when he was in LA (first stint)?  This is legit the first time I have ever heard of that.

I have heard the locker room cancer line with Cammy in Calgary and Montreal, especially the latter.  However, there is a common theme there and we all know what that is.  If I had a dollar for every time Canadian team media says x player is a locker room cancer, I could probably quit my job.

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Montreal media and their fans also have a tendency to blow up....well...just about everything.  One minute the prevailing story by Montreal media and their fans is that PK is an overpaid, lazy, self-centered jerk who is both overrated and a locker room cancer.  The minute he gets traded the Montreal media is treating it like a national disaster and fans are taking out full page ads in the newspaper saying it is the darkest day in team history since they traded Patrick Roy.

Well obviously in MTL you have to take the media with a grain of salt for sure. But when you see actual videos of the same player fighting with multiple teammates, arguing with coaches on the bench, arguing with teammates, getting called out publicly by coaches, teammates and other players... That on ttop of everything else... where there's smoke.. there's fire

In regards to Vats, he is certainly our best D-man right now, but he shouldn't be.  If this team was true contender he would be a #3 D-man, maybe #2.  He isn't getting any younger and he has a little bit of an injury history.  Yes, he is the best of what we got now, but he really shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Do you have any articles where he was listed as a locker room cancer when he was in LA (first stint)?  This is legit the first time I have ever heard of that.

I have heard the locker room cancer line with Cammy in Calgary and Montreal, especially the latter.  However, there is a common theme there and we all know what that is.  If I had a dollar for every time Canadian team media says x player is a locker room cancer, I could probably quit my job.

No his time in LA was never actually reported to be a locker room cancer, i mean maybe he was but i never heard it. But he forced a traded cause he was not getting paid like he wanted. Which on its own is just like wtv... but followed by what we've seen in calgary and MTL well you have to think here was something

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Well obviously in MTL you have to take the media with a grain of salt for sure. But when you see actual videos of the same player fighting with multiple teammates, arguing with coaches on the bench, arguing with teammates, getting called out publicly by coaches, teammates and other players... That on ttop of everything else... where there's smoke.. there's fire

And I will take those videos and stories with a grain of salt when they are coming from a team who has had a history of dysfunction for quite some time now.

I am not saying PK is perfect or even a nice guy, but the "locker room cancer" label is thrown around way too much by our neighbors up north.

No his time in LA was never actually reported to be a locker room cancer, i mean maybe he was but i never heard it. But he forced a traded cause he was not getting paid like he wanted. Which on its own is just like wtv... but followed by what we've seen in calgary and MTL well you have to think here was something

Now you are going into 100% speculation.  If all it was him demanding more money, then there are literally hundreds of players in the last 20 years alone that can be slapped with that label.

So basically the locker room cancer tag on Cammy was placed on two teams.  Two teams who happen to be Canadian.  Kind of like how Hall was called that right when he was traded to NJ from a Canadian team.

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

And I will take those videos and stories with a grain of salt when they are coming from a team who has had a history of dysfunction for quite some time now.

I am not saying PK is perfect or even a nice guy, but the "locker room cancer" label is thrown around way too much by our neighbors up north.

and the fact that he was actually traded and now on the trading block again is not kind of... potentially confirming anything? Again, that plus everything else. there's just wayyyyyyy too much smoke to be a coincidence.

Hall had the locker room cancer thing too... but i honestly never saw anything that could come close to confirm that? other than he was traded? Subban on the other hand... when you SEE players on your team not liking a player... its a pretty good indication lol

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Take off those hypocritical Canadian fan blinders bruh

• Haha 1

and the fact that he was actually traded and now on the trading block again is not kind of... potentially confirming anything? Again, that plus everything else. there's just wayyyyyyy too much smoke to be a coincidence.

Hall had the locker room cancer thing too... but i honestly never saw anything that could come close to confirm that? other than he was traded? Subban on the other hand... when you SEE players on your team not liking a player... its a pretty good indication lol

There could be a lot of reasons why players are traded.  Everything doesn't have to point to the same reason.

There are rumors that Pittsburgh has Kessel on the trading block too.  Doesn't mean he was a cancer there.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

when you SEE players on your team not liking a player... its a pretty good indication lol

No one has really seen it but you though.. there’s no evidence. I’ve seen a good teammate in Nashville. So what?

Re:  Cam and his time here in NJ, he did seem like a good guy from the bits I saw and heard.

As far his production went, the first two years were about what we should've expected:  solid offensive numbers, but lots of games missed due to injury.  And of course he was 32 when he signed his deal, so it stood to reason that he was a good candidate (given his injury history) to decline early...which is exactly what happened.  I was definitely not a fan of that signing at the time. 

This is 100% a result of the Canadian media working overtime to create controversy to increase traffic to their articles.  They throw around locker room cancer like it is going out of style.  They slap that term on any player who is under-performing in their eyes or not being the absolute perfect person in their view.

McDavid's pregame ritual could be that he sleeps with a teammate's wife, punches a baby in the face and strangles a 4-week old puppy but as long as he scores 100+ points a season he will always be portrayed as McJesus.

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

This is 100% a result of the Canadian media working overtime to create controversy to increase traffic to their articles.  They throw around locker room cancer like it is going out of style.  They slap that term on any player who is under-performing in their eyes or not being the absolute perfect person in their view.

McDavid's pregame ritual could be that he sleeps with a teammate's wife, punches a baby in the face and strangles a 4-week old puppy but as long as he scores 100+ points a season he will always be portrayed as McJesus.

No this is 100% you in absolute denial. I know they can blow things up but this is not it. How could they create that? There's VIDEOS of a him fighting his own teammates in practice, MULTIPLE eammates. It's always the SAME player fighting other teammates. Never 2 other teammates agains each others. I watched those interviews with players and coaches actually calling him out.There's VIDEOS of him arguing with coaches and not listening to them and doing wtv he wants on the ice, leading to turnovers. Ive seen him do things on the ice and his teammates looking at the ceiling and being upset with him. I've seen him starting sh!t and running away leaving his teammates having to fight and he's at the bench laughing about it. I've seem him rubbing his teammates faces constantly and them pushing him away being very annoyed. What do you think? That it's done in CGI ?! lol Stop acting like this is all made up. 

Also you're talking out of your ass cause the media in MTL ADORED PK Subban. They still do. Some are still not over the trade and constantly bash Weber.

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

No this is 100% you in absolute denial. I know they can blow things up but this is not it. How could they create that? There's VIDEOS of a him fighting his own teammates in practice, MULTIPLE eammates. It's always the SAME player fighting other teammates. Never 2 other teammates agains each others. I watched those interviews with players and coaches actually calling him out.There's VIDEOS of him arguing with coaches and not listening to them and doing wtv he wants on the ice, leading to turnovers. Ive seen him do things on the ice and his teammates looking at the ceiling and being upset with him. I've seen him starting sh!t and running away leaving his teammates having to fight and he's at the bench laughing about it. I've seem him rubbing his teammates faces constantly and them pushing him away being very annoyed. What do you think? That it's done in CGI ?! lol Stop acting like this is all made up. 

Also you're talking out of your ass cause the media in MTL ADORED PK Subban. They still do. Some are still not over the trade and constantly bash Weber. 

The media never said anything bad about Subban, ever.  He was adored and was never called out by the media when he fought with teammates at practice, called a cancer, etc.

I guess you are right, I am in 100% denial.  Canadian media never exaggerate about anything.

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The media never said anything bad about Subban, ever.  He was adored and was never called out by the media when he fought with teammates at practice, called a cancer, etc.

I guess you are right, I am in 100% denial.  Canadian media never exaggerate about anything.

You're twisting what im saying. 

i literally just told you that canadian medias do exaggerate a lot of sh!t and blow things up. Why are you trying to make it as black and white? 

I gave you TONS of examples of sh!tty things he did and proofs that he was not really loved in the locker rooms. All facts, nothing that could be blown up by the media. Yet you disregard everything saying it's all made up by the media. Why are you ignoring this though? 

Edited by SterioDesign

You're twisting what im saying. 

i literally just told you that canadian medias do exaggerate a lot of sh!t and blow things up. Why are you trying to make it as black and white? 

I gave you TONS of examples of sh!tty things he did and proofs that he was not really loved in the locker rooms. All facts. Yet you disregard everything saying it's all made up by the media. Why are you ignoring this though? 

The bolded part is beyond ironic coming from you.

I said in my last post that you are 100% correct.  I don't feel like arguing anymore.  This is beyond stupid.  Every player who has ever been traded out of a Canadien team is a locker room cancer.  Where there is smoke, there is fire.  Done.

Must see TV, posting this just for your SterioDesign :evil:

@ArmenKeteyian    It’s official: @TheAthletic launches its video site next Wednesday with three pieces. Profiles of @ChristianYelich (The Outlier), @PKSubban1 (PK Inc) and a 3-part series on sports betting (Big Bets on High Tech). I’ll be your tour guide. Hope you’ll come along for the ride.

2 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Must see TV, posting this just for your SterioDesign :evil:

@ArmenKeteyian    It’s official: @TheAthletic launches its video site next Wednesday with three pieces. Profiles of @ChristianYelich (The Outlier), @PKSubban1 (PK Inc) and a 3-part series on sports betting (Big Bets on High Tech). I’ll be your tour guide. Hope you’ll come along for the ride.

Well the guy is certainly entertaining and funny. I always said he's 100% the next Don Cherry. I also don't think he's a bad person. He's a guy fans LOVE but players hate. His personality is rubbing a lot of players the wrong way in the locker room and he's just too much for many. He's just a big distraction that is not worth the risk. 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm not sure but he sure knows that it's what people would think... just look at our very our MB3 who fell for it and just said that he DONATED 10m. And he's not the only one who believes that.

I thought it too before I looked it up. Because I had seen the way it had been portrayed in the media and the picture of PK with the giant check. 

It’s still a great thing he did, but he’s getting credit for giving them $10m if his own money, which he did not do. 

He still did an amazing thing for a great cause, so I’m not going to bash him for it. The aforementioned “douche move” is as far as I’ll go. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I thought it too before I looked it up. Because I had seen the way it had been portrayed in the media and the picture of PK with the giant check. 

It’s still a great thing he did, but he’s getting credit for giving them $10m if his own money, which he did not do. 

He still did an amazing thing for a great cause, so I’m not going to bash him for it. The aforementioned “douche move” is as far as I’ll go. 

Well i wouldn't even say that it's a douche move. It's helping kids and he's getting tons of attention. It's a win-win.

It's just completely unrelated to how he's perceived by his teammates and how he's affecting a locker room. I mean... imagine this. Subban has his own brand. And for his post game interviews he was always wearing his branded hat. The team asked him to wear his Habs gear for post game interviews and he refused and continued to wear his own brand. Now imagine that in NJ with Lou. That sh!t wouldn't fly, especially with Lou but what do you think players think of sh!t like that?

Over time when you see a teammate acting like that constantly it will get on your nerves. And allllll the signs were there to prove that it was the case

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i wouldn't even say that it's a douche move. It's helping kids and he's getting tons of attention. It's a win-win.

The fact that he pledged to raise the money isn’t. Standing there being photographed with a $10m check when you didn’t in fact donate $10m is a douche move. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The fact that he pledged to raise the money isn’t. Standing there being photographed with a $10m check when you didn’t in fact donate $10m is a douche move. 

Yah i guess but im trying to not look like i'm just blindly hating the guy because i can't stand him. I still have to be fair lol

But I can't stand him BECAUSE of his egomaniac personality, his diving, cheap shots and all that. Not the other way around

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yah i guess but im trying to not look like i'm just blindly hating the guy because i can't stand him. I still have to be fair lol

Well I don’t otherwise hate him, so I can say it.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well I don’t otherwise hate him, so I can say it.

It's not even saying the pk subban foundation or anything on his cheque. it's PK Subban and thats it lol i guess it's the same thing but like you said... it's done in a way to make it look like he's donating 10m from his pocket

subban-hospital-20150916.jpg.f0fc3852df5387746296252f18dadb98.jpg