2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

It's not even saying the pk subban foundation or anything on his cheque. it's PK Subban and thats it lol i guess it's the same thing but like you said... it's done in a way to make it look like he's donating 10m from his pocket

subban-hospital-20150916.jpg.f0fc3852df5387746296252f18dadb98.jpg

Exactly, that’s the logical inference from that check. And it’s not true. Douche move. 

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The fact that he pledged to raise the money isn’t. Standing there being photographed with a $10m check when you didn’t in fact donate $10m is a douche move. 

You're  right. And until I read this thread I really did think he'd donated $10m of his own money. Being pictured with that check is a hey look at me aren't I great move by Subban imo.

• Like 1

Without his name to bring people, that wouldn't have happen right? Kids in hospital get better with this right? Who care about his ego? 

I may understand opinion about his on-ice attitude (he may or may not be a diving machine... I can't tell) or better, judging his level compare to his price etc etc... But all the rest is boring topic... 

I dunno who put a coin in SD hate machine but please stop :)

Edited by moustic
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, moustic said:

Without his name to bring people, that wouldn't have happen right? Kids in hospital get better with this right? Who care about his ego? 

I may understand opinion about his on-ice attitude (he may or may not be a diving machine... I can't tell) or better, judging his level compare to his price etc etc... But all the rest is boring topic... 

No question, it’s still a nice thing to do and I don’t have a problem with him otherwise. 

1 hour ago, moustic said:

well everything was hockey related until someone brought up that donation as some sort of argument to say he wasnt egomaniac or something.

in an attempt to go back to talk hockey and i why i brought up that problem with Subban is that his craving of attention is translating on the ice. It can be a good thing cause you know he's always going to give 110% every game, every shift. But he's also making very very bad decisions trying to be flashy when there's a simpler / safer play available and he's really not willing to adjust that. That was a big big problem for him. And i've seen coaches after coaches trying to get it in his head and none really could and he'd just argue with them after he'd fvck up. Like so often he'd get the puck. Have like 2-3 good breakout passing options, but he'd have to spin on himself or do some sort of flashy move before he did anything else. And that'd always fvckup the play. The amount of time i saw wingers in MTL timing themselves to get the puck from a breakout pass at the right time before they hit the blue line... but subban would turn around and make spinoramas and fancy sh!t. And you'd always see them having to turn around and looking at the ceiling clearly frustrated. This is all stuff i saw during games. Its not stuff made up in the media. that dude is doing just about everything there is to do to frustrate teammates. I really don't want that in NJ with such a young group.

Right before he got traded actually, Price got hurt and MTL was going down. They were on the verge of being mathematically eliminated and I think Subban had 4 games in a row where a turnover in his own zone lost them the game and it was not just him getting a pass intercepted or wtv... again, he had breakout pass options. Decided to make a spinorama around a forward... lost the puck and boom its in the back of the net. In the press conference the coach said that it's unfortunate that an individual mistake cost them the game. That's never something a coach does to throw a player under the bus, not even in MTL. But they told him and told him and told him and he never learned and he continued to make these selfish plays even when the team needed its leaders the most. And again.. that's one instance but there's just way way way way way too much negativity around him, and for 9m a year... really not worth it he's already declining

There's a reason he was in the stands for team canada at the olympics after "winning the norris" the season before. Cause hockey people don't get fouled like the media is with his flashy plays. 

Edited by SterioDesign

12 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

well everything was hockey related until someone brought up that donation as some sort of argument to say he wasnt egomaniac or something.

[...]

There's a reason he was in the stands for team canada at the olympics after "winning the norris" the season before. Cause hockey people don't get fouled like the media is with his flashy plays. 

Ok all that sure. I agree...

But...

• Like 3

Hahah love how this is now Sterio's memories of why PK Subban is bad.  He had a down year this season but before that he was one of the best defensemen in the world.  The idea that he always spins and turns the puck over is nuts.  

The last 3 years he played in Montreal, the team was +20 with him on the ice and -7 with him off.  But yeah, his teammates for some reason hated the guy.

Edited by Triumph

12 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

This is PK on an "off" year...

kQ3vw5h.png

As someone who's a fan of having good players on my team, I would love to have PK on the Devils. He would completely change the makeup of our defense.

No question. We have a defense full of guys who are great in the locker room and sh!t on the ice. I’ll reverse that and take PK. 

3 hours ago, Triumph said:

Hahah love how this is now Sterio's memories of why PK Subban is bad.  He had a down year this season but before that he was one of the best defensemen in the world.  The idea that he always spins and turns the puck over is nuts.  

The last 3 years he played in Montreal, the team was +20 with him on the ice and -7 with him off.  But yeah, his teammates for some reason hated the guy.

Listen i never said the dude was bad, he's one of the best offensive dman in the game. I said i didn't want him in our locker room cause he's not a good example of how to act and he's getting paid way too much for being an offensive dman and making too many mistakes. I said he play has declined too, many people are saying he's slower. I said his personality and his play was often rubbing a lot of players and teammates the wrong way. That's 2 completely different thing. And there's countless proofs of that. And that he scored 100 goals or 20 doesn't change that fact. 

Hell he even scored a winning goal once and you saw a bunch of vets looking annoyed and going straight to the locker room, they never went to see him. Now of course you'll say that they are the problem. Lol The fact that he was called out by just about everyone, that there's video evidences and that people are still in denial is amazing to me. 

I don't expect you to understand that though as you strictly look at numbers to judge players and always discard tangibles. But it's a reality. i mean ive seen interviews with people like Carboneau, Darche, Gallagher, etc etc who were in the locker room with him confirming everything im saying. But you counter with +/- ?!

This is 100% like all your friend drooling over some hot chick and trying to date her. You actually know her and you can tell them just about everything about her... that she's a gold digger, cheated on all her bf, that she snores like a machine gun, that she's insanely jealous and possessive, that she  killed people in their sleep, that she has huge drug problems, that she burned down every house she lived in etc but the guys are like "well wtv she's hot, it cannot be this bad". It's exactly this lol 

Edited by SterioDesign

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No question. We have a defense full of guys who are great in the locker room and sh!t on the ice. I’ll reverse that and take PK. 

Well that's one thing i do agree 100% with Lou is that it's about the logo on the front, not the name on the back. And PK is all about his name on the back

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well that's one thing i do agree 100% with Lou is that it's about the logo on the front, not the name on the back. And PK is all about his name on the back

You used that phrase correctly again! :) 

That said, how so?

23 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

OMG can we let this drop SD? Its getting beyond old.

We have reach the natural point when SD make an analogy with dating a girl... I think we have making full circle ; ) 

• Haha 4

Is there any wonder that the Oilers are such a fvcking gong show?
Look at the assclown they have in management:

Trenchcoat mafia and mad scientist all in one?

Edit: turns out that is the owner! What a kook.

edm.thumb.jpg.d8031733d8440f2d35f1b7b64c41bc13.jpg

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

11 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

Wow, that’s horrible- I definitely thought he looked different today at the press conference, but I had no idea he was sick. Prayers for a full recovery. 🙏