2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

11 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

some Zajac love:

Needs 14 points to pass Muller for 3rd all time in Devils history in points
Needs 9 goals to pass Parise for 4th all time in goals and 17 to pass Holik for 3rd
Needs 15 assists to pass Muller for 6th all time and 17 to pass Stevens for 5th
Needs 1 SHG to move into 4th all time

Funny you say that as I got a gamer of his yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Who you trading to bring back a top 4 D?

Im not sure who I would be looking to package (theres a million different scenarios out there already).. but you package something together and use the fact that we have 10 picks in this draft and a ton of cap space to your advantage. Ray has done it before as well all know, he will do it again. 

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

You guys don’t want Eberle, you don’t want Skinner...

gotta sign somebody lol

I’d love to sign the Bread man. Not counting on it but wouldn’t rule it out. We offer much better centers for him to play with than the Rags.

11 minutes ago, CMONPETEYD said:

How about this scenario

Sign Jake Gardiner

Trade Vatanen for Kapanen, Nathan Horton's Contract & 2nd in 2020.

We can retain some of Vatanen's contract if that gets the deal done!

I would much rather trade Vatanen and our 2020 first for Trouba with an extension.  I don't think Kapanen is that good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Which makes it even more hilarious that they’ve managed to win only one Cup since the Roosevelt Administration.

Yes, by “worked for them” I meant in terms of people wanting to go there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMONPETEYD said:

How about this scenario

Sign Jake Gardiner

Trade Vatanen for Kapanen, Nathan Horton's Contract & 2nd in 2020.

We can retain some of Vatanen's contract if that gets the deal done!

Trade Vatanen, sign Jake Gardiner.... is the goal to be a worse team in 2020, because this would be a great way to achieve that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not sure I would trade Vatanen. I think he’s more the kind of guy you want to try to get. 

The problem is that he'll be 29 when you have to give him a new contract and he'll likely be in high demand next year and he knows it.  There are some guys you overpay for, but I'm not sure he's it.  So I'd much rather package him in a deal for a better and younger player like Trouba.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not sure I would trade Vatanen. I think he’s more the kind of guy you want to try to get. 

im not sure this is the answer either, you trade him and you create another hole where we already have an issue. I understand some are saying to package him to get basically a replacement .. but we should try to keep him its not like he is that old and he's one of if not the best Dman on the team right now. 

I'd totally be down for Trouba. He's 25, good solid player. Looking for about 7.5m i'd say based on what i heard.

Not sure it could happen though.. he'd be on the right side... vatanen and severson are already there in the top 4... i dont really see any of those 2 playing the bottom pairing... i guess we could/should trade vatanan as it would be an upgrade say we throw a pick along with it and a prospect... but i doubt the Jets would make that deal

Then we'd still need another solid D i feel... 

Greene - Trouba

Butcher - Severson

Smith - Carrick

Mueller - Santini

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I'd totally be down for Trouba. He's 25, good solid player. Looking for about 7.5m i'd say based on what i heard.

Not sure it could happen though.. he'd be on the right side... vatanen and severson are already there in the top 4... i dont really see any of those 2 playing the bottom pairing... i guess we could/should trade vatanan as it would be an upgrade say we throw a pick along with it and a prospect... but i doubt the Jets would make that deal

Then we'd still need another solid D i feel... 

Greene - Trouba

Butcher - Severson

Smith - Carrick

Mueller - Santini

We have to be in that conversation. 

• Like 1

Re: contract $ amounts given out - you can’t think of it in terms of dollars - think of everything as percentage of cap. 

$6MM for a mid level guy sounds like a lot but against an $83MM cap is 7% of the cap. 

Thats how agent and players are looking at the AAV. 

Dave Pagnotta was on NHL Network Radio, just dropping bombs. 

Talk of Patrik Laine not wanting to be in Winnipeg and will explore all options, including any potential offer sheets. 

Mitch Marner wants Auston Matthews money, no less than $10 million. Feels they will settle on a 3-year, $30 million contract.

Doesn’t feel Patrick Marleau is a fit for the Los Angeles Kings, but the Kings still think they are contenders and won’t commit to a rebuild.

The Vancouver Canucks are looking for a big named defenceman not named PK Subban. They feel like Subban has attitude issues.

The Dallas Stars, New York Rangers and New York Islanders will all be in on Erik Karlsson this summer.

The New York Islanders and Los Angeles Kings will be in on Artemi Panarin this summer.

• Like 2

Re:  Marleau, though it’s impressive as hell that he didn’t miss a single regular season game throughout his 30s, he really doesn’t have much left in the tank...he finished last season with just 37 points.  I could see him starting to get healthy-scratched next year.  

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Talk of Patrik Laine not wanting to be in Winnipeg and will explore all options, including any potential offer sheets. 

Mitch Marner wants Auston Matthews money, no less than $10 million. Feels they will settle on a 3-year, $30 million contract.

Doesn’t feel Patrick Marleau is a fit for the Los Angeles Kings, but the Kings still think they are contenders and won’t commit to a rebuild.

The Vancouver Canucks are looking for a big named defenceman not named PK Subban. They feel like Subban has attitude issues.

The Dallas Stars, New York Rangers and New York Islanders will all be in on Erik Karlsson this summer.

The New York Islanders and Los Angeles Kings will be in on Artemi Panarin this summer.

Ah the good ole wannabe-GQ editor using everyone else's rumors, and a few of his own, to pretend he cares about the actual sport again and not simply what the players are wearing.

And LOL at the Kings, they swung and missed on Kovy and are almost in as bad of shape as us, yet they dont want to rebuild. Good luck with that.

Edited by jagknife

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I wonder how much it would take to get Laine?  

14 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I wonder how much it would take to get Laine?  

That won’t be a cheap endeavor, either in the contract you’d have to give him, or what you’d have to give up for him.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1