2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

10 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Ok, miscommunication. I thought you were saying that he should be offered by NJ in the trade as bait.  Toronto would certainly ask for him, along with most other teams in the league.

I'm old fashioned, but I still believe in building a team defense first, and guys like Smith are what I covet.

Nooo, its basically him, Nico, #1/Hughes, and Hall if he re-signs that I am against moving. And mostly Bratt as well, though I'd consider it depending on what we were talking about. 

Edited by mfitz804

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Marner is 3” taller than current Stanley Cup Playoff points-leader Brad Marchand.

EDIT: someone beat me to this point

I don’t even get it, the guy is 6 feet tall. He’s not huge, but a “mini-mite”??

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If 6’-0” is a mini mite, I do not want to know what I’m considered (at 5’-8”)

I was just gonna say the same thing (as I too am 5'8").  I think the general scale, from a hockey perspective, is as follows:  6'-6'2"= average, 6'3"-6'6"=tall/big,6'7"+=huge, 5'9"-5'11"=Smaller, 5'8" >= "Mini-mite". 

Granted it varies a bit depending what position you play, but you get the idea. 

12 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was just gonna say the same thing (as I too am 5'8").  I think the general scale, from a hockey perspective, is as follows:  6'-6'2"= average, 6'3"-6'6"=tall/big,6'7"+=huge, 5'9"-5'11"=Smaller, 5'8" >= "Mini-mite". 

Granted it varies a bit depending what position you play, but you get the idea. 

We can really discuss anything on this board. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Oh my goodness did me and Mfitz discussion about Hall’s wrench get censored?

WELL I HAVE NEVER. 

Haha, no way.  I get that there's a line, but in this ever evolving society of ours, is pseudo-pecker talk really it?

You kids and your damn MTV generation.  

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Oh my goodness did me and Mfitz discussion about Hall’s wrench get censored?

WELL I HAVE NEVER. 

I mean, it’s been a running joke for over a year, but THAT crossed the line??

(Sorry, management). 

56 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Haha, no way.  I get that there's a line, but in this ever evolving society of ours, is pseudo-pecker talk really it?

You kids and your damn MTV generation.  

There wasn’t anything pseudo about it, that may have been the issue lol. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 6:50 PM, 2ELIAS6 said:

I've seen enough of dacha to know we got screwed with picking him at 6th or where ever it was. Hopefully ray can use him in a package and move on

Trying to get excited about Zacha is like trying to convince yourself that a 300lb chick is a good catch as long as she has a hot face.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Mfitz, your meme goes here —>

I guess I’ll just let it go so as to not cause any more problems. 

1 minute ago, slasher72 said:

Trying to get excited about Zacha is like trying to convince yourself that a 300lb chick is a good catch as long as she has a hot face.

This is a really good analogy. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

More like a pretty hot chick that only puts out every once in a blue moon...

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

More like a pretty hot chick that only puts out every once in a blue moon...

this is perfect, its like you know you are wasting your time but since theres that chance that it could happen you just continue to waste your time. perfect dacha analogy 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

pfffff "dating girls" analogies are so lame

ahahahaha 
I was thinking all the time while reading all these messages " Damn ! They are all stealing SD moves ! Bastards ! " 

2 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

who is nhl trade rumors? they posted an article saying we are in talks with the jets to trade hall for Laine 

They are nobodies.  They even made up a NJ newspaper "NJ Ledger" as well as even a fake reporter as their source lol.

• Haha 3

Alright slow day at the office:

To (Insert Team): Pick(s), prospect

To Devils: Established young NHLer with upside, cap dump.

Thoughts on deals to be made?  Toronto and Tampa seem like the obvious choice, but maybe a team like Minnesota or Pittsburgh might be interested in such a deal as well.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Alright slow day at the office:

To (Insert Team): Pick(s), prospect

To Devils: Established young NHLer with upside, cap dump.

Thoughts on deals to be made?  Toronto and Tampa seem like the obvious choice, but maybe a team like Minnesota or Pittsburgh might be interested in such a deal as well.

To Devils: JT Miller, Ryan Callahan                    To Tampa: John Quenneville, Blake Speers,  4th round pick 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

To Devils: JT Miller, Ryan Callahan                    To Tampa: John Quenneville, Blake Speers,  4th round pick 

I respect you and all, but that’s Canucks twitter trade offers for Jack Hughes level bad.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I respect you and all, but that’s Canucks twitter trade offers for Jack Hughes level bad.

It’s a salary dump though (Callahan). I’m not giving them anything good for a salary dump. We’re doing them a favor.