2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I am surprised so many people here are convinced Hall was 100% unable to play levels of hurt last season. It was pretty obvious everyone wanted him to avoid surgery if possible and the team wasn't contending for anything. He probably could have either kept playing on it or had the surgery right away and then came back before the end of the season, but why bother given where the team was? I am seriously not worried about Hall and don't think last year is any indication of how his health will be moving forward. Black 👏 swan 👏 event 👏👏👏.

FWIW, Hall said he is almost about to start skating again.  He went down in December and it is now June.

Yeah, I am a little bit concerned.

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I am not willing to give Hall 11.5m to stay. It's also worth noting that Taylor Hall is two and a half years younger than Erik Karlsson. 

Who is worth giving that much to stay?  Outside of Panarin or EK, nothing else available out there is worth that much.

Whatever we trade away Hall for, it's still going to leave a big void for the Devils to fill.

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

FWIW, Hall said he is almost about to start skating again.  He went down in December and it is now June.

Yeah, I am a little bit concerned.

He didn’t have surgery in December though. He’s right on track with his recovery timetable.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

We don’t have another 1. Pretty simple.

I suppose if the desire was to get back into the first round - you're right 

But as far as value is concerned.. That's noting 

Edited by Devilsfan118

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

I suppose if they desire was to get back into the first round - you're right 

But as far as value is concerned.. That's noting 

I agree, the value sucks.... but Winnipeg wanted to get back into the first round, and that’s what it was gonna cost. Pionk is just a throw-in who is cheap, and Winnipeg needs young, cheap talent right now.

17 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I would take NJs organization (players, prospects and picks) over the Rangers 10 Times out of fvcking 10. 

I really don't think it's a given by any stretch.  Time will tell.  I imagine if you asked 10 GM's or true hockey talent guys the chances of you getting 10 out of 10 to pick the devs is nill.  IMO both teams still have huge gaps to fill.

Of course this place goes to both positive and negative extremes depending on which team makes a move.  It's usually never as good or bad as the initial reactions.

Hoping Shero picks up his game on the trade front. Outside of the Hall STEAL and Palms there's a lot of names here that make me shake my head. (We need more Vern Fiddlers)

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_GM/Ray_Shero/285/2

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So would I, but this is what happens.... rival makes a move, the place panics.

Just wait until they add Panarin. Then you'll see real (justified) panic set in.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Haha 1

I love watching people overreact. Just because we need defense doesn’t mean we had a good shot to land Trouba. As pointed out, a current year first round pick is a pretty good chip we couldn’t offer. Maybe more picks and another player gets it done, maybe not. 

I, for one, don’t measure my team on what other teams do. I’ll await our moves before judging. 

I’ll also await the further panic when he signs a huge extension.

• Like 2