2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

4 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Sadly I'll bet the house on the over here.  Certainly sounds like he and his wife wanted to land there.  Why WIN accommodated him for what seems like the sh!t end of the stick is the part that stings. So again making fun of the bright lights is rather ironic when all signs pointing to it was once again a factor. #sh!t

well it's always the same story... Nash, St-Louis, etc etc... if you're the Rangers... and you know the player wants to go to your team... obviously you're going to lowball the offer... then you go... "Well you can either take this offer... or lose that player for nothing in a year... up to you" 

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I understand perfectly.  Ray has turned timid to the point of passivity.  He pulled the heist on Chiarelli and figured he could live with the good will that came with it forever.  It worked for a while.  We gave him a pass on Mueller and pretend that Johansson actually did something useful while he was here. 

But now it's time to put or shut up, and you don't hear him say or do much now do you?  He could have beat what the Rangers gave up for Trouba easily, but he cowered in fear that everyone automatically wants to leave for the bright lights brah, so why bother.

You tell me though since you know how things work.  Who is the "talent" that Ray is going to bring in that will make this team significantly better?  It'll be the same B and C listers that he's brought in since he's got here but some analytics yes man will be there to tell him how savvy he is.

See you're just talking out of your ass and ignoring facts. It's been reported that Trouba only had 1-2 teams on his list and Rangers was one of them. It was also reported that many teams had better offers than the Rangers but he wouldnt go there. How is that Shero's fault? he litterally couldnt do anything.

You read everything on this board. Many people pointed out what i just said. So if you're still saying that kind of sh!t... you're legit just trolling, straight up ignoring common sense or you're probably 67 still using velcro shoes cause you can't figure out laces.

You seem to think that GM getting talent is like you going to the superstore for grocery and just pick up wtv you want. 

Edited by SterioDesign

5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Just for shiggles, here's the Rags core (stolen from a comment on reddit):

Jacob Trouba (25)

Brady Skjei (25)

Pavel Buchnevich (24)

Brendan Lemieux (23)

Alex Georgiev (23)

Igor Sheterkin (23)

Adam Fox (21)

Brett Howden (21)

Libor Hajek (21)

Ryan Lindgren (21)

Lias Andersson (20)

Filip Chytil (19)

Vitaly Kravtsov (19)

K'Andre Miller (19)

Nils Lundkvist (18)

Kaapo Kakko (18)

Lots of unproven talent, obviously.  That goes without saying.  But holy sh!t are they stockpiling talent.

Compare it to ours and its damn close if not clearly better.. and we've had two lottery wins.

I don't think it's overwhelmingly better but there's no way 10 out of 10 outside this board say the Devil's are in a better position. Let's see where Panarin ends up. 

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well it's always the same story... Nash, St-Louis, etc etc... if you're the Rangers... and you know the player wants to go to your team... obviously you're going to lowball the offer... then you go... "Well you can either take this offer... or lose that player for nothing in a year... up to you" 

what am I missing that Trouba had any leverage as to where he landed?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

See you're just talking out of your ass and ignoring facts. It's been reported that Trouba only had 1-2 teams on his list and Rangers was one of them. It was also reported that many teams had better offers than the Rangers but he wouldnt go there. How is that Shero's fault? he litterally couldnt do anything

You seem to think that GM getting talent is like you going to the superstore for grocery and just pick up wtv you want. 

"It's been reported"  LOLOLOL.  Whatever that "report" was Dreger walked it back, because the fact of the matter is that Trouba is an RFA without a no trade clause and arbitration rights.  Number 34 overall and Vatanen half-retained is better than what the Rangers offered.  A GM that was building a winner could convince Trouba to sign a long term extension instead of playing literally five miles away.  But Ray is not building a winner, and he knows it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

Well someone actually said he had a list of 1-2 teams he'd accept a trade to... i just assumed that was true

But now looking into it he doesnt have a claus at at on his contract. So well i was wrong about that

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

I think that's the big question.   It's been reported that at least a few GMs offered a better package, at least in their opinions, than what the Jets accepted from the Rangers.   Why?     

Just now, Lateralous said:

I think that's the big question.   It's been reported that at least a few GMs offered a better package, at least in their opinions, than what the Jets accepted from the Rangers.   Why?     

maybe they have another trade in the work that need some work / more time? 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

"It's been reported"  LOLOLOL.  Whatever that "report" was Dreger walked it back, because the fact of the matter is that Trouba is an RFA without a no trade clause and arbitration rights.  Number 34 overall and Vatanen half-retained is better than what the Rangers offered.  A GM that was building a winner could convince Trouba to sign a long term extension instead of playing literally five miles away.  But Ray is not building a winner, and he knows it.

yeah go and mock someone for saying that something has been reported when you've literally been making sh!t up about Shero for weeks lol

6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

He's an RFA this summer and then has one more year til he's a UFA assuming he only agreed to a one year deal.  There's a belief that he was only interested in signing a long term deal with a few teams. 

If the Rangers still gave up a lot for him, that would be one thing.  But they gave up two months of Kevin Hayes instead.  MSG is literally five miles away from Prudential Center and there is a decent chance that Trouba ends up living in the Jersey suburbs anyway, if he has any familiarity with the area,, which is doubtful.

This is a very bad omen for things to come.

Edited by Daniel

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The Rangers.  Gorton will also manage to get a huge haul for Kreider. 

Ray could try and give Panarin's agent a call, but won't because reasons.

Yup, I’m sure he won’t even call because he has no idea what he’s doing. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He's an RFA this summer and then has one more year til he's a UFA assuming he only agreed to a one year deal.  There's a belief that he was only interested in signing a long term deal with a few teams. 

If the Rangers still gave up a lot for him, that would be one thing.  But they gave up two months of Kevin Hayes instead.  MSG is literally five miles away from Prudential Center and there is a decent chance that Trouba ends up living in the Jersey suburbs anyway, if he has any familiarity with the area anyway.

This is a very bad omen for things to come.

I think this says a lot more about Kevin Cheveldayoff than Ray Shero.   

We are also talking about a player who is walking away from a stanley cup contender to join a rebuild.  There's more to this than Winnipeg is just too cold.   

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

To be fair, if you a draft a center 1st overall and he doesn't turn into a true #1 center.. he's going to end up being considered a disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, love Nico and what he brings.  But.. if he peaks as a 2C.. yikes.

Hey quitting on Nico’s development and ceiling now is very premature. There’s no sign he can’t be elite.

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, I’m sure he won’t even call because he has no idea what he’s doing. 

I imagine this dope they brought on, Tyler Dellows, will tell him that Panarin is a bad player because he doesn’t score enough goals on a cap dollar basis.  

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Is it easy to add and remove a user to ignore quickly? Just for a few weeks? Cuz my mans has lost his marbles and it’s making this forum unreadable. 

Add a reminder to your outlook calendar, then you can just unblock him after Ray makes a few good moves and watch him back pedal... Or double down. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Add a reminder to your outlook calendar, then you can just unblock him after Ray makes a few good moves and watch him back pedal... Or double down. 

Or when it turns out I’m right, we can go to this plot of land I bought in French Guyana and enjoy a nice swing of fruit punch all together.

"You" make this forum really tough to appreciate these days... 
This is painful to watch, to read...

Let him troll and think whatever he wants about Shero. He is in bullrage mode... What's the point to argue with him anyway ? 
Let's wait that the smoke of this few days fall and let's enjoy Draft-day ... Damn, it's supposed to be fun remember ? 

• Like 3

Read that the Jets may be after Faulk... so maybe they wanted to get back a first round pick because they need it for another trade.

That been said... there's not that many other dmen apparently on the trade block or that teams are debating... Ghostisbehere, Faulk, Provorov, McAvoy, Zaitsev... I'd be fine with any of them but i'd be surprised to se it happen

On the market there's not much either... Myer, Gardiner, Stralman, Kronwall... 

its a bad timing cause a lot of teams have better assets than us and looking for the same thing, we're also not super attractive on the market compared to some of them

For example... we'd both like Ehlers or Faulk... chances are that one is traded for the other. Then boom. off the market

What sucks is that... you can't guarantee that you'll get talent... you can sure try and put yourself in a position to be able to get talent... but it's often out of your hands... and if you force something (overpay like crazy) then it's often a bad move too 

Edited by SterioDesign

Shero should look into trying to get Nylander from Toronto. They're up against the cap, most likely not on the best terms with Nylander, and his value is at an all time low. Seems like an opportunistic Shero type of move waiting to happen. Nylander is a really good player who would fit in with the Devils' timeline. Despite his relatively low value, I still don't think it would be cheap, though.