2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

I mock everyone, when it’s deserved. Even my wife and my daughter. As they do to me. It’s called having a sense of humor, if you can’t mock your friends, and your friends can’t mock you, that’s a problem.
So I refuse to treat you differently than I treat my friends. I’d suggest growing a pair and rolling with it. 

I rarely post here (not because of the people here, but because I’m more of a casual hockey fan and don’t live in north Jersey to boot), but yeah - when you can playfully make fun of other people and they do the same in return, it’s a sign of friendship. It builds camaraderie. Being overly sensitive when people disagree with you most assuredly does not build camaraderie and ultimately annoys a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 8

33 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

I rarely post here (not because of the people here, but because I’m more of a casual hockey fan and don’t live in north Jersey to boot), but yeah - when you can playfully make fun of other people and they do the same in return, it’s a sign of friendship. It builds camaraderie. Being overly sensitive when people disagree with you most assuredly does not build camaraderie and ultimately annoys a lot of people.

Can you please stop talking ? 
Damn... 

(kidding kiiiidding...) 

• Like 1

Talbot is sh!t, please avoid at all costs NJ.  As for Bobby Lu...

Well, let's hope that kind of bs contract is gone forever.  I was always told by the media how awesome Lu was for save % and stats like that, but he didn't pass the test in Vancouver when it counted and he was pretty awful for

team Canada.  Certainly not in Brodeur's class and never will be. 

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Yeah I do notice that when you get a notification, and you click on it, that poster's post does show up even though you have him on ignore.  You would have to refresh the page again to ignore it.    :haha2:

And yeah of course if someone is replying to someone you ignore, you're going to see the post but that doesn't bother me much.       Now that I think about it, I think I'll turn off my notifications since that's the real issue.  lol.

the "real" issue is that you can't handle comments on the internet. Please understand that and stop trying to put it on just about everything else, the only person who can change that is you and the first step is to acknowledge it.

I tried to help you when you reached out in private and you never accepted to accept any blame, you keep putting it on everything else and you keep being defensive. Nobody can grow as a person with that attitude

I certainly do not mean to pile up on you, i tried to help many times but the way you handle this is basically the result of what the older generations are saying would happen to kids growing in the new bubble wrap mentality. That your feelings should be protected no matter what and that the whole world should adjust accordingly or that you should be shielded from anything that could make you uncomfortable vs you learning to deal with it so that it doesn't bother you anymore.

• Like 6

If we are talking about who we miss to diffuse the drama queen experience of the day... let me dream about a come back of : The Real PK ! , Sammyk, Sheeps, the beautiful Patricia that leave us as Weekes Head, CRASHER,   Elias Sports Bureau, Swede, DIABLOOOO! , Don (the only one i met in real life) , StarDew, IG.. and much much more...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Haha I think the others were being facetious. 

For me, I really miss DaneykoIsGod. Lately I miss Triumph, he’s been missing. I miss RD (who I think became weekes head?) and thelastonealive was always awesome too. 

Instead you guys get me and Mfitz. Rough.

They are lucky to have us. We are like the Sigfried and Roy of d!ck jokes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They are lucky to have us. We are like the Sigfried and Roy of d!ck jokes.

I will sacrifice both of you to North Gods for few minutes of RD (yes... Weekes Head she was) 
And I think i will do it just for the fun. 
And i will most probably pay a little bit too ... 
And take a burger while watching you go to Hel 

But mostly... Mostly... I'm all about love and compassion ! 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Talbot has also been sub-.900 save percentage for three seasons now. I am not sure that commands a 1 way contract. 

Wasn't he a ranger? I mean fvck fvck fvck..............

I don't think Talbot would sign any deal that has him targeted to play in the AHL.  One way or two way only matters when it comes to salary. I think if he can't get a backup job in the NHL he would consider europe, maybe?

IF Zucc can be had on a reasonable deal I would bring him in asap. It's a matter of IF and what is "reasonable".  This team is far from not considering upgrades even if they have a history with NY.  Zucc is no Grabner.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, moustic said:

If we are talking about who we miss to diffuse the drama queen experience of the day... let me dream about a come back of : The Real PK ! , Sammyk, Sheeps, the beautiful Patricia that leave us as Weekes Head, CRASHER,   Elias Sports Bureau, Swede, DIABLOOOO! , Don (the only one i met in real life) , StarDew, IG.. and much much more...

I miss SatansDevils and his inside sources. And his very specific rules about daily chats threads. (or some variation of that name)

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CHIP72 said:

2 hours ago, moustic said:

Can you please stop talking ? 
Damn... 

(kidding kiiiidding...) 

🖕🖕😭 😭

👍👍 🤣 😎

Edited by CHIP72
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

^ I think it's about time I start using the ignore feature.     Wish I didn't but I can only take the smartass'ery so much.  

I know others have commented, but I've been reading your posts for a while...at times you come off as a pretty good poster, but at others like you're trying a bit too hard, and at others just kinda annoying. 

No offense man, but you sound like the kind of guy who could be hanging with a group, where everyone's busting on each other in good fun, but then you get a playful light punch on the bicep that should barely register as a love tap, and start tearing up and complaining that you might now be bruised. 

Anyway, you gotta tone down the oversensitivity...otherwise maybe this place just is too much for you (and I don't think anyone's been particularly hard on you...you might not even know what true "smartass'ery" is).  Not to mention that though me and mfitz and MB3 don't always agree on every last thing (but on a lot of things), I like both of them a lot, and find them to be two of the funniest SOBs on the board. 

-------------------------------

So Luongo's done...even though he wasn't always known for being the mentally toughest or most clutch guy in the world, he did have a hell of a career.  One of just three NHL goalies to play in 1000+ regular season games (and second all-time).  Declining Lundqvist is now the active leader with 857 regular season GP, but doesn't seem like he'll reach 1000.  And Luongo is third in wins with 489...only guys within reach of him are Lundqvist (449) and MAF (439).  As far as being only the third player to possibly top 500 wins, I've gotta think MAF is the only right now with a legit shot.  I don't think Lundqvist has enough left in the tank, and everyone else is too far away to really consider having a shot at 500+.  Crazy that Luongo retires with the third most wins yet trails Marty by over 200 wins...yes, Marty did hang on a bit too long, but even if he hadn't (say, calling it quits after his age 40 season), he still would've finished with 669 wins.  Doesn't feel like anyone will ever break that record. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

No offense man, but you sound like the kind of guy who could be hanging with a group, where everyone's busting on each other in good fun, but then you get a playful light punch on the bicep that should barely register as a love tap, and start tearing up and complaining that you might now be bruised. 

You have weird friends ; ) 

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know others have commented, but I've been reading your posts for a while...at times you come off as a pretty good poster, but at others like you're trying a bit too hard, and at others just kinda annoying. 

Anyway, you gotta tone down the oversensitivity...otherwise maybe this place just is too much for you (and I don't think anyone's been particularly hard on you...you might not even know what true "smartass'ery" is).  Not to mention that though me and mfitz and MB3 don't always agree on every last thing (but on a lot of things), I like both of them a lot, and find them to be two of the funniest SOBs on the board. 

I’m totally offended that you called me an SOB. I’m going to seek counseling. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ferland is our Bro. Look on youtube what he did with small and fast skater Gaudreau year ago. Ferland is a strong body player who  win battles for the puck in defence zone or on boards, make passes and Jake can make his best that he can - fast enter in offensive zone, and after ferland is competent player for open and take passes from jack. He is good near the gates, he has a good shot and can deflected the puck. There is no highlights in carolina but as i understand of reading carolina`s forum - he makes same work. Little bit faster and little bit skiller vesion of Maroon.
And he is a cheap. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1