2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

37 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Stating July 1st, every time I see another UFA go to a team in a bloated deal in both term and $$$ I feel a sense of comfort and calm that's it's not the Devils.

There's probably a team out there that's going to sign Corey Perry to a 3 year multimillion dollar deal and a team that's going to give Joe Pavelski 4 years.  But I'm damn near sure it won't be Ray.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Stating July 1st, every time I see another UFA go to a team in a bloated deal in both term and $$$ I feel a sense of comfort and calm that's it's not the Devils.

There's probably a team out there that's going to sign Corey Perry to a 3 year multimillion dollar deal and a team that's going to give Joe Pavelski 4 years.  But I'm damn near sure it won't be Ray.

I certainly hope not.

5 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Dano did suggest NJ would be a nice landing spot for Pavelski last week so if Ray is consulting him about free agent moves he's a possibility.

He meant Panarin, it just came out Pavelski because Dano. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Dano did suggest NJ would be a nice landing spot for Pavelski last week so if Ray is consulting him about free agent moves he's a possibility.

If he’s consulting Dano on anything personnel related, it’s a fireable offense lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thoughts overall on the current situation:
1. Goaltending (C): Schneider and Blackwood. Unfortunately, don't trust Schneider in the net. I really hope he bounces back.
2. Defense (C): Subban, Butcher and Vatanen, no problem. Greene has made some serious mental mistakes. Severson is ok. Ty Smith is untested
3. Top 6 (B): we definitely need a legit RW threat, if not LW with Bratt moving to the RW.
4. Bottom 6 (B): maybe a winger or two most likely will be filled by the minors.

Potential moves I think may come:
- get one huge dman, Gardiner, Chiarot, etc.
- get a top 9 winger: Lee, Pavelski, Donskoi, etc.
- jury is still out on Schneider, dont know what to do at this position, staying pat for now looks like the only option.

20 minutes ago, CMONPETEYD said:

Adrian Dater says Agostino to sign 2 yr 1 way deal with Leafs. Good for him! 

Congrats to Kenny and thank you for being one of the only consistent non injured fwds for us down the stretch 

Good luck to him. Always good to see Jersey guys succeed.