2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

3 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Yes, I agree Hayes was overpaid but the egregiousness of the disparity is due to where he signed.

I’m saying I think it’s both. If Hayes was at $6m, and Duchene minus the tax cushion was $8m, that’d make a little more sense to me. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m saying I think it’s both. If Hayes was at $6m, and Duchene minus the tax cushion was $8m, that’d make a little more sense to me. 

Is the difference between 6M and 7M AAV really that crazy? He's not that overpaid and the Flyers didn't want him to hit UFA.

Edited by Neb00rs

2 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

Really cant understand Panarin's love for big neon lights. It would be funny and also a grand waste of time if he goes back there though.

What’s not to understand? He’s young, single (I assume), and wants a better nightlife. Columbus is a nice city, but other than party with a bunch of college kids from OSU there’s not much to do up there at night. At least not compared to much bigger cities. 

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

What’s not to understand? He’s young, single (I assume), and wants a better nightlife. Columbus is a nice city, but other than party with a bunch of college kids from OSU there’s not much to do up there at night. At least not compared to much bigger cities. 

I've never been to Columbus. Usually a nice campus comes with a whole set of night life and entertainment, however, I agree nothing compares to walking in the Village at 2 am in the morning and grabbing a falafel from Mamouns.

Edited by Anhkheg

11 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Is the difference between 6M and 7M AAV really that crazy? He's not that overpaid and the Flyers didn't want him to hit UFA.

No it’s not crazy. I guess in the grand scheme it makes no difference. 

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

7/50 for a 27 year old who’s hit 20 goals once in his entire career is officially way fvcking overpaid. 

WAY way way WAY WAY WAY wayyyyy mucho mas muito MAJORLY way WAY overpaid.

Or this. 

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

7/50 for a 27 year old who’s hit 20 goals once in his entire career is officially way fvcking overpaid. 

WAY way way WAY WAY WAY wayyyyy mucho mas muito MAJORLY way WAY overpaid.

I mean, he's just not THAT overpaid. He's just not. He scored at a 63 point pace/82 this year and is entering his prime. He also has size and can kill penalties. 

Whatever amount he's overpaid, he was overpaid to prevent him from leaving town - and I don't think he was overpaid by much. I think 6M is the minimum he was set to receive given what Brock Nelson got. 

Edited by Neb00rs

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If they sign panarin 8x13 i’m gonna laugh my ass off. 

It sounds like it's 12M/8. That said, if Panarin is about the $$$, it could take  at least 13/7 to sway him back to the NYI (if that rumor was true in the first place). 12M x 8 =96M. 13.72M x 7 = 96M. I gotta think at that point the NYI are out. Florida is a different story obviously. 

Edited by Neb00rs

38 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Every city has chicks. Every city has bars. Every city has clubs. This nightlife thing is so overblown it’s absurd.

33 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

agree nothing compares to walking in the Village at 2 am in the morning and grabbing a falafel from Mamouns.

I’m sure something probably compares to it. Or is better. 

Edited by MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Every city has chicks. Every city has bars. Every city has clubs. This nightlife thing is so overblown it’s absurd.

It’s more a perception than a reality. It is perceived that New York has better nightlife than, say, Columbus. But unless Panarin is planning on going to a bunch of Broadway shows, I’m pretty sure he can find everything else in any city. 

Like I’ve said in other threads, or maybe this one, some people just want to say “I live/work in NYC, regardless of whether the reality of that is better than any other city. That’s why saying “New Jersey is close to Manhattan” is irrelevant to a lot of people. 

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m sorry, but you’re wrong. Everything here closes around 2am, and after that it’s like a ghost town. The only places that stay open all night are fvcking Waffle House’s lol

Compared to NY it’s an entirely different world as far as late night options go. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

I’m sorry, but you’re wrong. Everything here closes around 2am, and after that it’s like a ghost town. The only places that stay open all night are fvcking Waffle House’s lol

Compared to NY it’s an entirely different world as far as late night options go. 

That’s a valid point too, I’ve been some places where everything ends early. Of course, during the season, you should be in fvcking bed after 2 am anyway lol. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

It’s more a perception than a reality. It is perceived that New York has better nightlife than, say, Columbus. But unless Panarin is planning on going to a bunch of Broadway shows, I’m pretty sure he can find everything else in any city. 

Like I’ve said in other threads, or maybe this one, some people just want to say “I live/work in NYC, regardless of whether the reality of that is better than any other city. That’s why saying “New Jersey is close to Manhattan” is irrelevant to a lot of people. 

You’re wrong too lol

I’ve lived in Ohio my entire life, trust me there’s a big difference. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m sorry, but you’re wrong. Everything here closes around 2am,  after that it’s like a ghost town. The only places that stay open all night are fvcking Waffle House’s lol

2:00 AM? If you need to stay out past 2 every night, you probably have some problems.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

2:00 AM? If you need to stay out past 2 every night, you probably have some problems.

It’s 11:30, I’m fvcking exhausted, and all I did all day was go to the movies and set up a new TV. 

Of course, I’m past NHL retirement age. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I think you jumped the gun on your reply lol. 

Yep. Didn’t see your reply to me. 

And your point about 2am being plenty late enough on game nights is valid, but I’m sure it’s more about his off nights, when he really wants to go out and party. 

Even just good food options are a big deal tbh. I’m past my partying days at this point, but I’m jealous of all you guys that can get something really good late at night. Everything closes so early here. 

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dude, he’s a young, a millionaire, and a superstar hockey player...ofc he wants to party hard lol

And i may be stereotyping a bit, but I feel like a lot of Russians are into that. I remember watching some behind the scenes stuff on Ovi years ago and he was all about the crazy sports cars and partying and whatnot. 

Just now, MB3 said:

You’re talking about a 28 year old millionaire, not yourself. 

When I lived in Miami (I was 27), I stayed out til 3 or 4 every Friday night. Curious to know what you think my problems were.

I mean it’s clear that MB3 is a very well adjusted, not at all unusual individual. Just like me.  

So he’s got you there. 

;) 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Dude, he’s a young, a millionaire, and a superstar hockey player...ofc he wants to party hard lol

And i may be stereotyping a bit, but I feel like a lot of Russians are into that. I remember watching some behind the scenes stuff on Ovi years ago and he was all about the crazy sports cars and partying and whatnot. 

I’ll add to your stereotype and mention that a lot of Russian people like the idea of living in Manhattan. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Lol you couldn’t possibly be more wrong. I’ve lived in NJ, NYC, Miami and now Vero Beach. 

Every city does not have the kind of girls, chicks, clubs and nightlife that NYC and Miami do. Not even remotely fvcking close. Like not even in the same stratosphere. 

I like to party. If I was picking a team, proximity to a city like Miami, LA, NYC, Vegas would be a priority. 

Yep. I love my state, but Ohio is just not exciting compared to those other places. 

Now if you’re already married, and past the partying phase, it’s a great place to live. 

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You’re talking about a 28 year old millionaire, not yourself. 

When I lived in Miami (I was 27), I stayed out til 3 or 4 every Friday night. Curious to know what you think my problems were.

Notice I said every night. Not one night a week. If you stayed out that late EVERY night, yeah, your priorities were probably not well sorted.  

Just now, MB3 said:

Then don’t change the goalposts on his comment. He’s been rumored to be someone who likes to party. I’ll pretend I’m him because I can relate.

ive been to Columbus. Gorgeous city. But would I take 10% less money to be in Miami or New York? fvckin rights I would. 

Can you play football? Because my Dolphins need a lot of help. 

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

So people on my twitter timeline are up in arms over contracts and terms being announced by insiders.

the rule says teams and players can’t talk salary/term. Doesn’t say the agents can’t hack that though. CBA circumvention at its finest

People on Twitter are mad about something? Well fvck. I’m shocked.

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Can you play football? Because my Dolphins need a lot of help. 

People on Twitter are mad about something? Well fvck. I’m shocked.

It’s moreso these white knights that are acting like it’s the first time this has happened. You know the ones, the guys who will defend all of the women associated with the Devils in the hopes of scoring a date with any, even though they’re engaged themselves lol

• Like 1