2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

Just now, mfitz804 said:

How so?

Again, the obvious disclaimer here is that the Rangers had assets to sell off when they began their rebuild.  I get that, and it put them in a very advantageous position compared to where the Devils were during the start of our rebuild.

That said, over the past three seasons they've stockpiled insane amounts of talent.  They've got arguably the best goalie prospect in the world in Georgiev, they added Fox and Trouba to their back end (still some warts there for them though), and they added a bluechip prospect in Kakko and arguably one of the best W's in the game up front.

They are a better team than we are right now, and they're stocked to be very good in the not-too-distant future.

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Are they?

Yes, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Gunslinger27 said:

I'd Like to know what Shero is thinking right now ! 

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

"At least I'm not Lamoriello"

Yup. At least we never had him, we didn't almost have him and then lose him. 

2 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

I'd Like to know what Shero is thinking right now ! 

I think it's become clear that Shero's not a free agency guy.  He just doesn't believe in it.. or he's a terrible seller / negotiator with UFAs.

Remember last year that Shero's acquisitions happened pretty late in the day.. or at least that's what I remember.  So I wouldn't hit the panic button yet as far as not doing anything.

..that said, if we do nothing today.. idk.  Not a good look.

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That said, over the past three seasons they've stockpiled insane amounts of talent.  They've got arguably the best goalie prospect in the world in Georgiev, they added Fox and Trouba to their back end (still some warts there for them though), and they added a bluechip prospect in Kakko and arguably one of the best W's in the game up front.

They are a better team than we are right now, and they're stocked to be very good in the not-too-distant future.

They added Trouba, we added Subban.

They got Kakko, we got Hughes.

They have Panarin, we have Hall. 

Aside from the goalie thing, I am not seeing it. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They added Trouba, we added Subban.

They got Kakko, we got Hughes.

They have Panarin, we have Hall. 

Aside from the goalie thing, I am not seeing it. 

We have 20 mill cap space, they have 2 mill. I trust Shero to do what is right, if Hall asks anywhere near 12 mill, expect Hall to be traded or leave.

Edited by Anhkheg

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I think it's become clear that Shero's not a free agency guy.  He just doesn't believe in it.. or he's a terrible seller / negotiator with UFAs.

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

The "FIRE Shero!" crowd 'bout to show up like:

57c05d181fd1f62d48150a47437a017d.gif.cb8637d63f919f249b8334b429c41bec.gif

I like that people think its Shero's fault that free agents don't sign in NJ. Sorry, but he can only work with what he has to work with 

6 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

We have 20 mill cap space, they have 2 mill. I trust Shero to do what is right, if Hall asks anywhere near 12 mill, expect Hall to be traded or leave.

Yeah not to pile up on you, but I'd have given Panarin half of that in a heartbeat.  Especially with the contracts we're clearing next offseason.

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

“We have 20 million in cap space But we definitely shouldn’t use it on our MVP.” 

You wanna give 9 to Lee instead? 

I never advocated giving Lee 9mill, knowing me you should know I would not offer Lee more than 6-7 million. Was hoping for Donskoi though for a winger and either Gardiner or Chiarot as Dman. I am extremely comfortable knowing Shero works the cap like a boss.

Edited by Anhkheg

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

“We have 20 million in cap space But we definitely shouldn’t use it on our MVP.” 

You wanna give 9 to Lee instead? 

If anything, we shouldn't be hearing from Shero now because he's busy driving a money truck to Hall's house. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I would take Trouba over Subban for the duration of their careers ten times over. I would take panarin over Hall for the duration of their careers ten times over. 

Their young defense is better than we are. Kravstov is a better prospect than we’ve had in our system not named Nico/jack in the last decade. 

They have two young goalies who are significantly, SIGNIFICANTLY better than Blackwood. They’re flush with draft picks and young talent. 

Theyre unmistakably In a better spot than we are unless Jack is generational and Kappo is just good.

The do have nearly half of the forwards coming due for contracts next summer and I'd say nearly all of them are due good raises

They also only have 2 extra picks next year... and they're 7th rounders

I'm not disputing the Trouba/Subban and Panarin/Hall points, but, it is the Rangers, they have to buy to stay relevant and they will need to pay a lot of people next july.

Just now, MB3 said:

We should be in the business of overpaying some fvcks to put on our sweater, because the team as it is right now is not a playoff contender and I’m so fvcking tired of cheering for a loser.

Agreed. Who have we passed on because they were too expensive?

Just now, MB3 said:

Something people keep forgetting when they’re saying “BUT WE HAVE OUR OWN GUYS TO SIGNNNNNN”: Andy Greene is gone next year. Taylor Hall already counts for 6m on the cap. 

We aren’t close to the cap. We’re BARELY at the cap floor. We will not be close to the cap unless someone we DONT expect turns into a star. 

We should be in the business of overpaying some fvcks to put on our sweater, because the team as it is right now is not a playoff contender and I’m so fvcking tired of cheering for a loser.

Cheer for the Rangers, the all time winning team :D :D :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Something people keep forgetting when they’re saying “BUT WE HAVE OUR OWN GUYS TO SIGNNNNNN”: Andy Greene is gone next year. Taylor Hall already counts for 6m on the cap. 

We aren’t close to the cap. We’re BARELY at the cap floor. We will not be close to the cap unless someone we DONT expect turns into a star. 

Go have a drink or seven and relax. You sound like Daniel from two weeks ago lol.

• Like 6