2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

25 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

I would love to see a team offer sheet for Trouba (lmao).

Honestly after them signing Panarin and having to sign Trouba, an offer sheet on even their other RFAs could screw the Rangers cap wise and would cost less in terms of picks.

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

Lappin to the Champs

Works for me...that's two NHL nothings out of the Devils' system.  Glad I won't ever have to see Q or Lappin get called up ever again. 

• Like 1

Any chance Canadiens up the offer sheet to 9.5 million per year? Are they allowed to do that?

Also, I'd like to see the league improve the offer sheet structure:

1. Reduce the compensation

2. Reduce max bonuses (to 50% or so)

3. Reduce time to match the offer to 24-48 hours

4. Max offer sheets should also be limited to 2 per team

I think we'd see a lot more offer sheets and it would make the off season more exciting.

Edited by Anhkheg

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s some big league trolling by JD.

That's definitely one of the reasons I hate New York...that general "everything revolves around us" mentality.  Rough one for the Isles though...based on blurbs I saw, their fans seemed to think it was damn near done at one point. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

Any chance Canadiens up the offer sheet to 9.5 million per year? Are they allowed to do that?

Also, I'd like to see the league improve the offer sheet structure:

1. Reduce the compensation

2. Reduce max bonuses (to 50% or so)

3. Reduce time to match the offer to 24-48 hours

4. Max offer sheets should also be limited to 2 per team

I think we'd see a lot more offer sheets and it would make the off season more exciting.

Can’t, terms are done

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's definitely one of the reasons I hate New York...that general "everything revolves around us" mentality.  Rough one for the Isles though...based on blurbs I saw, their fans seems to think it was damn near done at one point. 

The NY Rangers are the comedies of the tri-state sports opera. They finished 7th in the league last year so winning a Stanley Cup couldnt be the major attraction.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

7x7 for lee. thats actually pretty good

To borrow from your usual area, Lee is going to feel like the girl who got asked to the prom only after the first girl said sorry, I already have a date. 

9 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

The NY Rangers are the comedies of the tri-state sports opera. They finished 7th in the league last year so winning a Stanley Cup couldnt be the major attraction.

Well they certainly signed the right player. Panarin made it pretty clear that partying and living it up was his number one priority

The Rangers have 8.77M left in cap space to sign Jacob Trouba, Brendan Lemieux, Pavel Buchnevich, Anthony Deangelo, and give Gregg McKegg whatever he got. They're going to need to get rid of someone and they have a host of names that could be candidates to be shipped out. Lots of 3M+ AAV contracts with 1-2 years remaining. 

Edited by Neb00rs

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

To borrow from your usual area, Lee is going to feel like the girl who got asked to the prom only after the first girl said sorry, I already have a date. 

more like your girl wants to take a break cause she has stuff to figure out for herself... then you hear she went hard for some other dude... then she crawls back to you when that guy turned her down

5 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Well they certainly signed the right player. Panarin made it pretty clear that partying and living it up was his number one priority

And doing his Russian model gf that I have never heard of bidding of Manhattan or GTFO.  The East and Hudson Rivers must have looked like the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans in their eyes if they wanted to be in Manhattan so fvcking badly.

I hope the roof collapses at MSG.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

more like your girl wants to take a break cause she has stuff to figure out for herself... then you hear she went hard for some other dude... then she crawls back to you when that guy turned her down

after one night