2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

5 hours ago, MB3 said:

Hall-Nico-Palms

Bratt-Hughes-Gusev

Coleman-Zacha-Simmonds

Wood-Zajac-Bastian

I'm legitimately horny. God I can't wait to be disappointed. 

Me too. :D. Daniel has cooled off a bit too much.

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Legit, stop doing this to yourself. Because if we don’t get him, you’re gonna come barreling in and unfairly sh!tting on everything Devils related for the next three days, and no one really wants to read that.

Sorry bro, I dont see eye to eye with you here. Need some more entertainment since we don't have no bright lights :D

4 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Another KHL free agent I would have some interest in, not a guarantee he would be a top nine forward but he's a young and skilled guy. Liked Tkachev quite a bit in his draft year so I'd like this kid as an under the radar signing that we can add on top of whatever else we do this summer.

Another reason for Dano to resign.

As an update on where the Devils could stand cap-wise heading into the season, I mocked up a 23 man roster (lineup could have a few different variations so not debating that) using CapFriendly. I think I was moderate with these salary predictions (not all are in line with Hockey Graphs, Mueller is +500K just randomly to be safe) so the reality shouldn't be too far off. This leaves us with about 10M in cap space. Also of note is that none of Anderson, Bastian, or McLeod are on the 23-man roster below. Nothing against them but they're all waivers exempt so I'm just being logical here.

528560787_Screenshot(978).png.f3f676bdd71f32d29e09fb0990185fd6.png

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 3

Would you trade Boqvist for Gusev or a top ten protected first?

Personally, I’d first explore whether we could pry Laine away from the Jets.  Word seems to be that both sides are not thrilled with one another at this point.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Shero's quote:

"At the end of the season, we wanted to secure a top-four defenseman and get a little bit bigger on the right side on offense," Shero said. "Behind Kyle Palmieri, we didn't have any natural right wingers. We addressed our top-four with the Subban trade, and then when it was apparent that Nashville wasn't going to re-sign Wayne, we thought that would be a great fit for us." "I've always had a high amount respect for the way Wayne plays the game. He plays hard, plays honest and certainly plays for his teammates."

There are still deficiencies on our top 6. Hope Shero doesnt fully expect Simmonds to be top 6 RW. If so, expect him to upgrade before the trade deadline. Secondly, we need to get bigger on D. Thirdly, our goalie situation is dependent totally on which Schneider shows up this season.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Personally, I’d first explore whether we could pry Laine away from the Jets.  Word seems to be that both sides are not thrilled with one another at this point.

I would definitely not, Gusev is russian, may want bright lights after 2 years, may not pan out or even guaranteed to play here. Everyone expects him to get traded for picks based on the rumors. Worst case, low end prospect as VGK cannot sign and keep this guy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I’m not trading Boqvist for a question mark. I wanna see what we have with that kid. He could be pretty damn good. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

No. I’d like to at least get a look at the kid in the NHL first. 

42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Along with what Anhkeg said, the reason I wouldn't do Boqvist for Gusev is because Boqvist is going to give us at least three cheap years that could be really good years if he pans out whereas Gusev is really only guaranteed to be on your roster for two years and those two years will be at 4M AAV or so. I would probably trade our 2020 first round pick though if the idea is to compete this year. And based on everything you've been saying for weeks now that should be a Daniel-approved move.

Edited by Neb00rs

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Shero and Lou both have their own way of telling you nothing. Lou does so in few words and Ray mumbles a bunch of drivel that doesn't make any sense. Point is, at this point I don't listen to anything Shero says, I just keep my guard up for some move I didn't see coming.

PK I did predict could happen, but just about everything else has been like, "Oh okay, didn't know that was possible but sure I'll take it."

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Really glad the NHL did this. Kakko has no personality at all...I know he's Finnish and there's a language barrier but still...yeesh. @MadDog2020 you can skip right to 4:42 LMFAO you're gonna explode.

I watched it on NHL Network earlier. I just rolled my eyes at Kakko’s brother lol. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Insane to me that you’re “not giving up on McLeod” who is literally one year younger than Pavel Zacha, who you are ready to trade for peanuts. 

If mcleod was good enough to play top-6 minutes don’t you think he would’ve had more than a cup of coffee in the show so far? 

Who’s that? 

oh its not cause i got the can of worms out that im going to open it lol

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

Insane to me that you’re “not giving up on McLeod” who is literally one year younger than Pavel Zacha, who you are ready to trade for peanuts. 

If mcleod was good enough to play top-6 minutes don’t you think he would’ve had more than a cup of coffee in the show so far? 

Who’s that? 

Zacha has had far more opportunity and chances to prove himself. Each player develops differently anyway. McLeod going to the AHL didn’t necessarily mean he wasn’t good enough, just that he wasn’t ready yet. Secondly, i am one of the few people here who is not in favor of trading Zacha for peanuts. I think he’ll be a useful bottom six player for us.

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Zacha has had far more opportunity and chances to prove himself. Each player develops differently anyway. McLeod going to the AHL didn’t necessarily mean he wasn’t good enough, just that he wasn’t ready yet. Secondly, i am one of the few people here who is not in favor of trading Zacha for peanuts. I think he’ll be a useful bottom six player for us.

I do enjoy peanuts...