2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

God in heaven no. 

Vegas can’t afford him. There’s no reason to trade a controllable asset for a variable. I think taking on clarkson’s contract is enough; if not I can’t imagine he costs a first.

It’s not so much that Vegas can’t afford him as a lot of teams might be bidding against one another.  

13 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

What a fvcking joke:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/02/dont-forget-the-rangers-journey-is-only-beginning/amp/

Just beginning? It's a long story of failure. 

You're going to see a lot of this sh!t going forward.  I foresee a lot of fluff pieces being put out for the Rangers in the immediate and not-too-distant future.

So, a few names left for free agency:

https://www.tsn.ca/who-s-left-top-remaining-unrestricted-free-agents-for-the-nhl-off-season-1.1332360

What do you guys think about a very low deal for McQuaid as defensive depth? Or maybe Phaneuf as a 6th pair dman?

The Hutton guy is much younger, but his +/- is atrocious.  I am a believer in that stat for defensemen unlike others in the media.

1 minute ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

https://www.tsn.ca/who-s-left-top-remaining-unrestricted-free-agents-for-the-nhl-off-season-1.1332360

What do you guys think about a very low deal for McQuaid as defensive depth? Or maybe Phaneuf as a 6th pair dman?

The Hutton guy is much younger, but his +/- is atrocious.  I am a believer in that stat for defensemen unlike others in the media.

Keep Phaneuf away from here

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

What a fvcking joke:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/02/dont-forget-the-rangers-journey-is-only-beginning/amp/

Just beginning? It's a long story of failure. 

This is all about business, sales and marketing 101, sensationalization. This has nothing to do with winning, they are simply selling merchandise, season tickets, corporate booths and making the die hard uneducated wishful thinking Rangers fan feel they are doing something without actually doing something.

Panarin is not going to be as good here as he no longer has any motivation to excel. Taylor Hall wants win a Stanley Cup, Subban wants to win a Stanley Cup, Simmonds has a weed up his ass as he has the most to prove, Greene is in the last year of his contract and last Taylor Hall likes Taylor Ham more than Pork Rolls which is only available in North Jersey.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Phuck Phaenuf. I hate that pos.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

From the forwards, dont know if I like anyone too much, I think we will get something a lot better via a trade for an RFA.

From the defense, both Gardiner and Chiarot are available, I'd like Shero to get at least one of the two, again we can look for a bargain trade for an RFA.

For goalie, totally in a bind, Schneider will determine what happens here.

Ya, never saw him play much, but I do like that Chiarot guy's stats. He must play low minutes for WPG, but at least he isn't a guy who costs his team a lot of bad goals.

Speaking of which... I have absolutely zero interest in Gardiner, Mr. Anti-game 7. I mean, I don't see how anyone can fail that badly in pressure games. He will get a boatload of money, let someone else try him.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Phaneuf’s favorite player and idol is Scott Stevens. This is enough on it’s own to make me like the guy.

Charles Manson was a fan of the Beach Boys. I'm just saying, there's a lot of ground between Help Me Rhonda and "HEEEELLLLP ME!!!!' - Rhonda. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, MB3 said:

I have nothing against Phaneuf except for the fact that he's slower than my beer league defenseman. 

He has literally no place in a top-6 in today's NHL. He makes Andy Greene look like Chucky McAvoy.

Yeah I think he’s probably done. I could see someone giving him a PTO.

11 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Really glad the NHL did this. Kakko has no personality at all...I know he's Finnish and there's a language barrier but still...yeesh. @MadDog2020 you can skip right to 4:42 LMFAO you're gonna explode.

Pretending for a second that Hughes wasn’t the superior player, Just on marketability alone I wouldn’t have drafted Krappo. Hughes will fill seats and be more enjoyable for the fans to interact with. Kid has got such a positive personality.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Really glad the NHL did this. Kakko has no personality at all...I know he's Finnish and there's a language barrier but still...yeesh. @MadDog2020 you can skip right to 4:42 LMFAO you're gonna explode.

Based on the tone of his skin, I'm not sure he will handle those bright lights well

Just now, bostondevil11 said:

But really who hasn't had beef with that guy?

That guy has clearly had a LOT of beef. 

In other news, Joseph Blandisi signs a two way deal with the Penguins. If he works really hard in the AHL, maybe he can dive right in at the NHL level later on. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Been pretty quiet on this board for a few hours.  Since nothing is happening on the Devils front at the moment with regards to FA’s, what is everyone doing tomorrow for the 4th?

Your mom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Been pretty quiet on this board for a few hours.  Since nothing is happening on the Devils front at the moment with regards to FA’s, what is everyone doing tomorrow for the 4th?

Fireworks tonight on a big lake, block party tomorrow for cookout and more fireworks.  In between, I'll probably be in my pool, and watching the Hot Dog Eating Contest.

8 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Your mom

That was tee'd up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Will remember how you own ME your US freedom ! ; )