2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

Kinda hope Ray is done. Lots of folks coming up with line and D combos none of which have Boquist/Zetterberg/Bastian/McCleod/Studenic & Maltzev.  I think on or two of these guys might surprise in camp. Give Hynes something to think about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

Been pretty quiet on this board for a few hours.  Since nothing is happening on the Devils front at the moment with regards to FA’s, what is everyone doing tomorrow for the 4th?

Barbecue tomorrow, before having to work a full day on Friday, but at least there won’t be any traffic lol. Playing golf this weekend too. 

19 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

well, our defense is still awful on paper, so I do really hope he does more to address it. Even depth guys are ok at this point, especially when we get the annual Vatanen injury sometime during the season...

I think its way improved over last year. If Smith makes the team and is as good as he seems, PK is an upgrade, Severson and Vatanen I still like, Butcher I like, its really just Andy Greene I'm not thrilled with at this point.

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And you can thank us that you don’t have to speak German... ;)

Deutsch ist eine sehr schöne Sprache ! Ich habe neun Jahre in der Schule gelernt... So thanks for nothing ; ) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I think its way improved over last year. If Smith makes the team and is as good as he seems, PK is an upgrade, Severson and Vatanen I still like, Butcher I like, its really just Andy Greene I'm not thrilled with at this point.

With this lineup, my hope is that Andy Greene can stay as a 3rd pairing defenseman and on the PK, which are roles he's much more effective in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Barbecue tomorrow, before having to work a full day on Friday, but at least there won’t be any traffic lol. Playing golf this weekend too. 

Same here, assumed we would get a 4 day weekend until monday, doh. Sigh.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anhkheg said:

Panarin is not going to be as good here as he no longer has any motivation to excel. Taylor Hall wants win a Stanley Cup, Subban wants to win a Stanley Cup, Simmonds has a weed up his ass as he has the most to prove, Greene is in the last year of his contract and last Taylor Hall likes Taylor Ham more than Pork Rolls which is only available in North Jersey.

Good lord so Panarin doesn't want to win a cup yet Taylor and the rest of the devils do?  ok got it!

#Redandblackblinders #wishfulthinking

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

Nobody wants the Devils to win more than I do but damn I don't get some of this stuff it's crazy to me.  Yes the rags still suck but......

IF Panarin did come here it would of been because he wanted to win and believed Ray walks on water.

Edited by titans04

Oh sorry fellas, Panarin's primary motivation to coming to the Rangers was to play for a cup contender and win the Stanley Cup, the bright lights were just an added bonus. Time and time again he iterated how he would bring the Stanley Cup to one of the big market teams and sure as hell felt that the Rangers gave him the best chance to achieve his goal. The only way to find out how serious he was about winning will show in his production this year.

1 minute ago, Anhkheg said:

Oh sorry fellas, Panarin's primary motivation to coming to the Rangers was to play for a cup contender and win the Stanley Cup, the bright lights were just an added bonus. Time and time again he iterated how he would bring the Stanley Cup to one of the big market teams and sure as hell felt that the Rangers gave him the best chance to achieve his goal. The only way to find out how serious he was about winning will show in his production this year.

What are you even trying to say? 

The Rangers are a team on the way up at the moment, they had room for him and it's a city he wanted to play for... Plus "most" NHL players always want to perform.

I feel you're really just building this narrative in your head cause that's what you want to believe. Panarin will do well this year

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

And you can thank us that you don’t have to speak German... ;)

😁

Btw I don’t know what writers write in American papers about Stanley panarins cup in nyr, but half of Russian papers talk about how artyom’s girlfriend - smart and beautiful model helps to choose nyr and how she is very happy about it.

it’s bright lights and nothing more.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

What are you even trying to say? 

The Rangers are a team on the way up at the moment, they had room for him and it's a city he wanted to play for... Plus "most" NHL players always want to perform.

I feel you're really just building this narrative in your head cause that's what you want to believe. Panarin will do well this year

I usually try my best to see both sides of a discussion unless I'm trying to be a nosel, for the life of me I don't get his point here. Is wanting to win really an asset that is in question with some top tier players?  I mean come on the devils apparently lead the league in wanting to win, although it must be a new thing because they've done nothing the last handful of years and I can't remember how many playoff series they've won lately. 

To me he's a great player who we could of used in a heartbeat, he choose the rags and apparently left money on the table. That stinks but we move on and hopefully take it to them on the ice.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

Kerfoot gets 4 years with a $3.5m cap hit

Leafs down to $7.6m in space but Ceci’s deal still isn’t official. That’s the one that will be $4.5m.

Horton’s LTIR will only save them $5.6m

wonder who they’re gonna trade to get Marner under the cap

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Kerfoot gets 4 years with a $3.5m cap hit

Leafs down to $7.6m in space but Ceci’s deal still isn’t official. That’s the one that will be $4.5m.

Horton’s LTIR will only save them $5.6m

wonder who they’re gonna trade to get Marner under the cap

Nylander probably.

That would be such a gong show. They fight with Nylander for half a  year to get him under contract instead of trading him for much needed defense, just to trade his ass the very next summer?  Brutal mismanagement.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa