2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

And the dismantling of Columbus continues...

Images of tumbleweed blowing across their ice surfice

Screw them. Move to Quebec already.

Why the hell should the entire franchise move just because they’re entering a rebuild? That’s stupid. Their attendance is fine. And after a taste of postseason success their fans will be even hungrier for more now. 

But if they want to ship John Tortorella to Canada I’m all for that. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

I just want them to move that's all lol. I'm not saying it would be in the best interest of the team, I would just prefer them in Quebec City, which is only 4 hours away from me.

The team Dzingel signed with should be the one moving. 

1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

I just want them to move that's all lol. I'm not saying it would be in the best interest of the team, I would just prefer them in Quebec City, which is only 4 hours away from me.

Well, they’re only about 90 minutes from me so I don’t want them to move. I see the Devils up there every year. 

You can see the Devils in Ottawa, so I’m not sure what the issue is...

12 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

No issue, just commenting on the gutting and decline of CLB. I don't really care, but it is amazing to me how that team was gutted so fast.

That’s what they get for having such a detestable head coach. ;)

But hopefully they’ll be the team that falls out of the playoffs next season allowing the Devils to sneak in. 

The Panthers getting Bob could be trouble though...

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That’s what they get for having such a detestable head coach. ;)

But hopefully they’ll be the team that falls out of the playoffs next season allowing the Devils to sneak in. 

The Panthers getting Bob could be trouble though...

and philly-smilly. and montreal shmanadiens may be. Next season will not be an easy walk. 

5 minutes ago, Guadana said:

and philly-smilly. and montreal shmanadiens may be. Next season will not be an easy walk. 

What did either of those teams do to get significantly better?

I know the Flyers added Kevin Hayes, but that’s not really on the same level as adding PK or Bob. 

Unfortunately, we all know what other team got much better in the Metro...

Edited by Nicomo

21 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

No issue, just commenting on the gutting and decline of CLB. I don't really care, but it is amazing to me how that team was gutted so fast.

I touched on this a while back...the BJs were in that very difficult spot, of knowing that their best chance to go deep and try to win a Cup was last season...some of the guys that they knew they were going to lose are not so easily replaceable, so they decided to try to make a real run while they still had that "soon to leave" talent in house.  It does suck when you reach that point, when you have to go for it when you're not quite as "there" as you'd like to be.  Sure, you can kick the can down the road, trade certain-to-depart assets for picks and pieces, and hope there's a next time not too far away...but as we've seen, next time can take many MANY years to reach, if all doesn't go well, if you can't turn those picks into players, etc. 

Probably even more frustrating for them is that they did sweep the real juggernaut team this year in the Lightning...that alone shows that they weren't THAT far away.  But yeah, sucks for them that they're not only back to Square One in a lot of ways, but that they weren't able to keep even one of those "put all the chips in" players.  Not sure what their prospect situation is, as far as trying to find bodies from within goes.

...no sympathy from me of course, heh heh. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Dontcha just hate when that happens???

As long as no teeth are involved, no hatred here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw something on Twitter about Devs "helping" B's move David Backes here and how he could help?  Wasn't hard core, but when you have lots of cap space people have everyone coming here. Lousy idea.

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

Saw something on Twitter about Devs "helping" B's move David Backes here and how he could help?  Wasn't hard core, but when you have lots of cap space people have everyone coming here. Lousy idea.

FWIW I thought I heard the B's GM was amendment that Backes wasn't going anywhere, but maybe that was because his contract is buyout proof or whatever.

How about the Devils help themselves out with their salary cap space instead of all these rumors of them helping out other teams with theirs.

Unless the Devils receive multiple first round picks in return for doing other teams favors, the Devils (and us fans) should have ZERO interest in these types of maneuvers.

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

How about the Devils help themselves out with their salary cap space instead of all these rumors of them helping out other teams with theirs.

Unless the Devils receive multiple first round picks in return for doing other teams favors, the Devils (and us fans) should have ZERO interest in these types of maneuvers.

I’m not sure I agree that it requires multiple 1st rounders, but I’d certainly expect something good in return. 

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

FWIW I thought I heard the B's GM was amendment that Backes wasn't going anywhere, but maybe that was because his contract is buyout proof or whatever.

Often wonder about anyone who was healthy scratch at any time in the playoffs. (Backes, Edmondson (St. Louis) Dzingel, Fabbro etc.) hopefully they don't get another shot here.