2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

What the Hell is Chicago doing? First they grab Shaw from Montreal, and now Smith from Ottawa, both fourth line pluggers.

Shaw isn't even cheap, so no cap savings there.  Do they have some kind of new coach who can resurrect these guys or something?

Edit: turns out it was a salary dump for the cap. Still, a terrible trade for them 

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

Funny, but would be even funnier if he was balding and with a head full of liver spots. 

...and on a side note, his extremely asymmetrical hairline has always freaked me out...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Funny, but would be even funnier if he was balding and with a head full of liver spots. 

...and on a side note, his extremely asymmetrical hairline has always freaked me out...

That’s why he doesn’t have a cup, his whole fvcking head is crooked, so he doesn’t see the puck right. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

source.gif

I fvcking hate this time of year so much. Going through hockey withdrawal, no news, this place is dead, it’s hot as balls...

October can’t come soon enough. 

Admittedly I do love summer in general...I'll take long days and everything being green and full of life and swims in the pool over shades of brown and gray and the sun going down at 4:30.  As much as I despise winter, it's actually the cold that bothers me the least.  I can deal with that. 

That being said, as far as the sports landscape goes, I can definitely use a fast forward.  My Mets continue to be a clown show on endless loop...there's some players worth watching, but the franchise (thank you Fred and Jeffy) can never get the fvck out of its own way.  And though I get the patience that seemingly EVERY NHL team is now exercising, part of me just WANTS TO KNOW where the Devils will be by mid-to-late September.  Will Hall re-sign?  Does Shero have another move or two up his sleeve?  I get that this will all get sorted out before we know (cause time just has that way of zooming by), but I'd like to skip past "sorted out", and catch that first preseason game...the one that reminds you just how close a new hockey season is. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Panarin came out and said "Putin's time is up. He can no longer distinguish between right and wrong. I don't like lawlessness."

Sucks it had to happen that way, but it's slightly comforting knowing we'll never actually see Panarin in a Rangers jersey.

I was gonna post the article, I just was afraid it would end up in a political discussion lol. Good for him for speaking up, but yeah he’s gonna wanna sleep with one eye open going forward..... 

19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I was gonna post the article, I just was afraid it would end up in a political discussion lol. Good for him for speaking up, but yeah he’s gonna wanna sleep with one eye open going forward..... 

There goes any chance he'd run off to Russia 2 years into his contract like some Russian that played here...damn...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

There goes any chance he'd run off to Russia 2 years into his contract like some Russian that played here...damn...

I feel like a sudden unexplained death may be the end of the contract.

• Haha 1