2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

44 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Add the Rangers now onto the list of cap-strapped teams. Not sure how they get out of this other than trading away Kreider+, which I honestly think would be a bad move...

you just know they'll get out of it somehow. They always do

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

you just know they'll get out of it somehow. They always do

If this is to be believed in any capacity (https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rangers-plan-two-contract-buyouts-because-of-salary-cap-hell?fbclid=IwAR3OwnMW2mNF21MzwsqHepTthVeoACMS1LPifBT5p3E_kpcNdsKD_yF2D-E), it looks like they've run out of their usual luck. I guess their big plan was to deal away Namestikov (although most of the fans kept thinking Kreider would be the piece that needs to move) and probably buy out Smith, but apparently no one wants Namestikov's contract; so the article does make sense, don't know that there's any other way out of this but buying out 2 contracts, and even buying out Shattenkirk's won't help them this year because of the structure of his contract. They're screwed (for now, but you're right, someone always seems to step up and bail them out).

that's top dollar for sure.  Tough for a team up against it, although they have a sh!tton coming off in the next couple of seasons.  They're counting on a lot of guys up front that haven't done much yet.  Sans Kakko who I think is a given.

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

If this is to be believed in any capacity (https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rangers-plan-two-contract-buyouts-because-of-salary-cap-hell?fbclid=IwAR3OwnMW2mNF21MzwsqHepTthVeoACMS1LPifBT5p3E_kpcNdsKD_yF2D-E), it looks like they've run out of their usual luck. I guess their big plan was to deal away Namestikov (although most of the fans kept thinking Kreider would be the piece that needs to move) and probably buy out Smith, but apparently no one wants Namestikov's contract; so the article does make sense, don't know that there's any other way out of this but buying out 2 contracts, and even buying out Shattenkirk's won't help them this year because of the structure of his contract. They're screwed (for now, but you're right, someone always seems to step up and bail them out).

Maybe, just maybe the days of other teams bailing out the Rags are over, although you never know about Fenton.

44 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Someone posted the Scott Stevens/Paul Karya 2003 Stanly Cup Finals Hit/Goal sequence on Reddit again...aka everyone come bitch about how much of a piece of sh!t Scott Stevens was...sheesh. 

fvcking pu$$y hypocrites who would’ve given vital organs to have Stevens on their teams. Philly fans are my favorite with this sh!t. The height of irony. As if Scott Stevens wouldn’t have a street named after him if he played in that city. There should be a statue of him lifting the Cup outside next to Marty. Someone tweet that @ Hugh Weber lol.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Someone posted the Scott Stevens/Paul Karya 2003 Stanly Cup Finals Hit/Goal sequence on Reddit again...aka everyone come bitch about how much of a piece of sh!t Scott Stevens was...sheesh. 

I bet some of them needed a safe space after being subjected to such a brutal, and upsetting image. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

fvcking pu$$y hypocrites who would’ve given vital organs to have Stevens on their teams. Philly fans are my favorite with this sh!t. The height of irony. As if Scott Stevens wouldn’t have a street named after him if he played in that city. There should be a statue of him lifting the Cup outside next to Marty. Someone tweet that @ Hugh Weber lol.

More annoying just because it pops up once or twice a year and just becomes a circle jerk of "Scott Stevens is literally the worst person to ever play in the NHL". 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Philly fans have PTSD from him. My girlfriend was telling me about a Philly blogger who turned an article that started with whining about NJ breaking the window and somehow devolved into what a piece of crap Stevens was. She was reading it while I was driving and I was getting road rage from the stupid 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Philly fans have PTSD from him. My girlfriend was telling me about a Philly blogger who turned an article that started with whining about NJ breaking the window and somehow devolved into what a piece of crap Stevens was. She was reading it while I was driving and I was getting road rage from the stupid 

Philly fans can lick a taint. 

8C6B23CC-81FB-4156-87FA-62F9098A8DA9.gif

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

yeah i love how casual fans think he was simply a goon. 

Forgot what was said at some point but a friend of mine was like "welllll it's not a guy like Scott Stevens that wins you stanley cups" and i just went... "well... do you know what the Conn Smyth trophy means? And do you know who won it in 2000?" lol

To be fair though, if say... Rob Blake would have nailed Elias like Stevens did to.... a few guys... we'd probably not be big fans either lol 

edit: Well actually... Kucherov's hit on Vatanen is a proof lol we all hated him and we've been calling him a dirty player since. If you defend Stevens hits... you have to defend Kucherov's hit too cause it's basically the same exact thing.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

edit: Well actually... Kucherov's hit on Vatanen is a proof lol we all hated him and we've been calling him a dirty player since. If you defend Stevens hits... you have to defend Kucherov's hit too cause it's basically the same exact thing.

The difference between the two is, it was legal when Stevens did it and illegal when Kucherov did it. You don’t have to defend a guy for breaking the rules. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The difference between the two is, it was legal when Stevens did it and illegal when Kucherov did it. You don’t have to defend a guy for breaking the rules. 

i kind of don't really buy that argument personally that just because something is not accepted now that it was "fine" then and not really breaking the rules. You judge by the act not by social acceptances, rules or laws. It was "accepted" that you could beat up your kids and wife few decades ago. I still think you were a piece of sh!t for doing it then

But just as usual, we simply won't agree. So let's not drag this any further.

Edited by SterioDesign