2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

My thoughts exactly. I think. 

Ha Greetings. Today is a number of the day is a wonderful number of rangers stars who sucked. Ahaha

And who will help me to count? Let’s do it together everybody. 

One for Gomes, two for holik, three for redden, four for Gaborik, five for shatt, six for lindros, seven for Nash,  eight for drury, nine for fleury, ten for Richards! *thunder*  hahaha

ten rangers stars from market who sucked after three years or earlier is a number of the day.

——

now his voice will be in your head when you will read my messages.

2BC3F0E9-7B00-4B92-B814-7863083F1397.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Pretty much.

That, plus I’m glad we “lost” the competition for Shattenkirk. 

I really wanted Shero to sign Shattenkirk but boy did we dodge a bullet there. I wanted Shero to sign Trouba to and I'm hoping that ends up the same way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I think I'm starting to get annoyed with the rangers 94 team. Seems like everytime I tune into the nhl network they have a special on it. I wonder if they'll have a new special next year. 

I just want the season to start. Never have I wished a summer to be over so soon. 

Starting??? I’ve been annoyed for 25 years!!!

• Like 2

So Butcher's arbitration hearing is coming up on Friday.. curious to see if we get a deal done beforehand.

This situation has been really quiet - not sure where either side is at the moment. 

Wonder if Butcher wants term?  Or just to get taken to UFA?  I'm not honestly sure when he becomes UFA eligible, having only signed his ELC at 22.

Edit:

UFA in only 3 years.

Edited by Devilsfan118

23 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So Butcher's arbitration hearing is coming up on Friday.. curious to see if we get a deal done beforehand.

This situation has been really quiet - not sure where either side is at the moment. 

Wonder if Butcher wants term?  Or just to get taken to UFA?  I'm not honestly sure when he becomes UFA eligible, having only signed his ELC at 22.

Edit:

UFA in only 3 years.

Very interesting decision to make. Id love them to lock him up for 4-5 years, but with Subbans 8 million coming off in 3 years , signing him for 3 wouldn't be the worst. Although Hughes will be up for his extension too at that time

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019/4/29/18512692/2019-report-card-kevin-shattenkirk-new-york-rangers-defenseman

I would like to think NJ will be aggressive on Shattenkirk if NYR were stupid enough to buy him out. He was unlucky last season and actually one of NYR better 5 on 5 players despite playing injured since December. He still provides value on the 2nd PP unit. This leaves Vatanen as a trade option to beef up the forwards.

Butcher - Subban

Smith - Shattenkirk

Greene - Severson

There are a lot of play drivers and offensive weapons from the back end.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

1 hour ago, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019/4/29/18512692/2019-report-card-kevin-shattenkirk-new-york-rangers-defenseman

I would like to think NJ will be aggressive on Shattenkirk if NYR were stupid enough to buy him out. He was unlucky last season and actually one of NYR better 5 on 5 players despite playing injured since December. He still provides value on the 2nd PP unit. This leaves Vatanen as a trade option to beef up the forwards.

Butcher - Subban

Smith - Shattenkirk

Greene - Severson

I would vomit if we made a play for him. He didn’t want to play for us before and he sucks ass anyway. Your argument is a lot more articulate and convincing but I’ll be damned if it’s held with more conviction than mine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

Butcher - Subban

Smith - Shattenkirk

Greene - Severson

I really wanted Shattenkirk last season but now? No. We know what we've got in Vatanen and unless Shattenkirk is short term and cheap (he's going to have a point to prove and especially against NYR I guess) would he really be an upgrade?

28 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I really wanted Shattenkirk last season but now? No. We know what we've got in Vatanen and unless Shattenkirk is short term and cheap (he's going to have a point to prove and especially against NYR I guess) would he really be an upgrade?

I would say he is an upgrade 5 on 5 over Vatanen, it would only be a 1 or 2 year contract. I'm not sure anyone has the space to add him long term anyway. Last, it allows NJ to move Vatanen for a forward, preferably the LW version of Vatanen on an expiring contract.

You can't hold grudges for choosing one team over the other, NYC is a beautiful option for a professional and his family. This is all just a business.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Really don't get the Vasilevskiy or Bob contracts. Don't teams realize that you can take a very average goalie and still win the cup? Without choking your cap?
Look at St. Louis, Binnington was Jeckyl and hyde all through the playoffs. In fact, Bishop far outplayed him

Seems really dumb

5 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Really don't get the Vasilevskiy or Bob contracts. Don't teams realize that you can take a very average goalie and still win the cup? Without choking your cap?
Look at St. Louis, Binnington was Jeckyl and hyde all through the playoffs. In fact, Bishop far outplayed him

Seems really dumb

What do you expect them to do?  Trade him?

They have a Vezina winning sure thing that deserves to be paid and they are a cup or bust team.  It's not like the cap hit is a surprise to their master plan.

46 minutes ago, Crisis said:

What do you expect them to do?  Trade him?

They have a Vezina winning sure thing that deserves to be paid and they are a cup or bust team.  It's not like the cap hit is a surprise to their master plan.

Yeah not only that, but if he stays healthy and performs similar to the way he has the past few years, then 9.5M is going to be a bargain in just 3-5 years time as the cap continues to go up.

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Edit:

UFA in only 3 years.

These NHL reporters don't really speculate on salary/AAV stuff like this very often, so this makes me think that this is leaked from the Devils front office.  I think it would be huge to get Butcher at that kind of number but I could see why he might resist - he'd be 30 when the deal is over and it might be hard to get another long-term deal after that, depending on how his career goes. 

7 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Underrated?  He was the 1st overall pick..

Yeah I don't know if id say underrated. I do feel until the second half of this year it was assumed around the league that Hall was propping up his numbers. His performance last year proved that he's quite a player in his own right