2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

How about Rantanen? If Marner isn’t available, should we try a sheet on him? So many good guys available still. 

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Doesn’t Colorado have even more cap room than us? 

Yea Colorado was the only team in the league with an arguably better cap situation than we had. They have all their big names at huge bargains and had another 1-3m in space than NJ when July first happened. No way Sakic lets Rantanen walk unless he is being grossly overpaid.

11 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

My god this is amazing

I was watching that video and it is like the longer you watch it the funnier it gets-- like a hilarious train wreck. I was sitting in my chair saying "OMG this is amazing" because every question he just digs this embarrassing hole deeper and deeper. 

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So who wants to bet that goddamn kid will sign with the Rangers for cheap somehow

I'm sure he's "always wanted to play for the Rangers". Also I'm kind of surprised to see 6th rd picks refusing to sign. Wasn't Kerfoot a 6th rounder for us?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

With all the new talent, NJ might become a destination players want to go to. Can't wait for all Jacks friends to become ufa's (as long as Jacks still here)

I’ll settle for just bringing in his brother.

I just wish Quinn didn’t play in one the most gorgeous cities in North America...

5 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm sure he's "always wanted to play for the Rangers". Also I'm kind of surprised to see 6th rd picks refusing to sign. Wasn't Kerfoot a 6th rounder for us?

5th. Yeah that's the trouble with the NCAA guys. Some of them develop really well but if they do they have the option of playing out their college years and options to sign with other teams of their choosing.

The good news is that how we got Butcher I guess.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I’ll settle for just bringing in his brother.

I just wish Quinn didn’t play in one the most gorgeous cities in North America...

Can't argue with you there. Closest I've been to BC was Seattle, Oregon was very nice too(from coast to hood river). I can only imagine how majestic bc is. Need to go to whistler asap. 

lets not get excited about teams that don't sign ncaa players. probably Caps realized he wasn't very good.  you have to sign player after jr. year. Ray will -pprobably sign Walsh after this year. Not sure they're all that high on Notre Dame guy.