2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

reading Tom Fitzgerald might /probably interviewing for Minny job. If he's hired I'm guessing Marty moves into his job? Apparently Fenton was a sh!tshow and Russo  says Hextall is similar in temperament.  Would anyone hire Chiarrelli?? Fitzy  so good with B-Devs and scouting. He deserves a chance. I guess we shouldn't be shocked.

2 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

reading Tom Fitzgerald might /probably interviewing for Minny job. If he's hired I'm guessing Marty moves into his job? Apparently Fenton was a sh!tshow and Russo  says Hextall is similar in temperament.  Would anyone hire Chiarrelli?? Fitzy  so good with B-Devs and scouting. He deserves a chance. I guess we shouldn't be shocked.

Oh I hope so. Ray hopes so! 😀

18 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I started losing it young. I started feeling the breeze on my head when I was 21. I fought the good fight until 24 and finally shaved it. I feel Shattenkirks pain and cold scalp. 

Ah another fellow early sufferer.

Just about to hit 30 and it's getting ugly. About to just chop it off.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Source?

Handshake agreement means nothing.

That is just a talking point.

Gardiner could have a handshake agreement with 20 teams for all we know.

Search the net, I’m sure you will find info on it cause I’m pretty stupid at posting sources.

We are all big Devils fans and I’m sure most of us have friends tied to the organization and will not reveal names.

Just like I am a big Bills fan and I have good friends tied to that organization that give me info without me revealing their names.

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Search the net, I’m sure you will find info on it cause I’m pretty stupid at posting sources.

We are all big Devils fans and I’m sure most of us have friends tied to the organization and will not reveal names.

Just like I am a big Bills fan and I have good friends tied to that organization that give me info without me revealing their names.

So the end result of your original post (lacking any sort of source) is that whatever your definition of "handshake agreement," is, means that the "agreement" Gardiner has with the Devils is an agreement he could have with any and all teams in the NHL. Add on top of this that no major hockey personality is reporting your rumor and yeah, this was productive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I googled it and saw nothing. 

Would be surprised if the Devils signed another defenseman anyway...they already have seven under contract for 2019-20, and that doesn’t include Ty Smith.  If Shero decides to bring in another body on D, I’d think it would be in-season.  

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Would be surprised if the Devils signed another defenseman anyway...they already have seven under contract for 2019-20, and that doesn’t include Ty Smith.  If Shero decides to bring in another body on D, I’d think it would be in-season.  

Yea it definitely doesn't make sense. Ty Smith is almost without a doubt (99.99%) making the team out of camp. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It makes sense if you’re upgrading. Micro or Carrick could take a seat if a good player is available.

Vats, Subban, Butcher, Severson, Greene, Smith .....Carrick and Mueller are already sitting...

Edited by NJDevils1214

54 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Vats, Subban, Butcher, Severson, Greene, Smith .....Carrick and Mueller are already sitting...

Wow, that’s true. I guess we don’t have room unless the idea of trading Vatanen comes to fruition. 

Really the only guy there who I would replace with Gardiner (holding aside the left/right thing because I never remember which side anyone plays on) is Andy, sorry to say. And that’s not happening. 

Really starting to feel like our team does not suck and I can’t wait for October. 

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Not to mention that Shero didn’t sign Carrick and Mueller simply to mothball them.  They will get game time and looks at various points.  Just not much room for anyone else at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not to mention that Shero didn’t sign Carrick and Mueller simply to mothball them.  They will get game time and looks at various points.  Just not much room for anyone else at the moment.

Unless someone is moved, yes. Shero could have a two step plan. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Unless someone is moved, yes. Shero could have a two step plan. 

One scenario could definitely involve someone being dealt during preseason, depending on how everything shakes out.  I still think these are the guys on D for now until the start of the regular season though.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One scenario could definitely involve someone being dealt during preseason, depending on how everything shakes out.  I still think these are the guys on D for now until the start of the regular season though.

Barring some clear opportunity to improve, you’re probably correct.