2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

3 hours ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

He's a hell of a scorer but what concerns me is that he hasn't improved much since coming into the league and he hasn't seemed to show much interest in rounding out his game.

I’ll take the guy who does nothing but score all the time. Will find a spot for him. 

Zacha is the same age, plays nothing but defense, and  many people argue  that we should keep him because he could still develop. But the same logic doesn’t apply to the 30 goal scorer? That’s stupid.

• Like 2

Usually I’d say Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen but that song seems to be all over the place since that movie came out so I submitted Run Run Away by Slade:

I would have requested that they start it at the 18 second mark of this video but time stamps weren’t an option.

I’d rather they just stick with last year’s song.  Was pretty solid.  

Not a Springsteen or Bon Jovi fan in the slightest, so no to them.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerzey said:

Usually I’d say Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen but that song seems to be all over the place since that movie came out so I submitted Run Run Away by Slade:

I would have requested that they start it at the 18 second mark of this video but time stamps weren’t an option.

Like the Slade option, I’m on board with that.

From the 18 second mark to the 34 second mark...short but sweet (though obviously it can be edited to be longer).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I absolutely hated Howl. 

Why not do something jersey with a Springsteen song? I dunno; Born to Run? Singing tramps like us would be awesome; the whole motto of the team is speed. 

The only real answer is R&R Part II

Born to Run could actually work, the end of the last chorus and the whole crowd singing the "OOOOO!!" OOOOOHH! WOAH OH OH OHHHH!".  Bruce is very polarizing because of his outspoken politics, but I think hes the obvious choice. Not even a huge fan myself but I can recognize his importance to AND love for NJ.

3 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Born to Run could actually work, the end of the last chorus and the whole crowd singing the "OOOOO!!" OOOOOHH! WOAH OH OH OHHHH!".  Bruce is very polarizing because of his outspoken politics, but I think hes the obvious choice. Not even a huge fan myself but I can recognize his importance to AND love for NJ.

It’s not an awful idea, but I REALLY don’t like Bruce.  I especially hate that outsiders assume we all just looooove Springsteen and Bon Jovi by default.  But if I remove my general dislike of all things Bruce...your idea really isn’t half bad.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ll take the guy who does nothing but score all the time. Will find a spot for him. 

Zacha is the same age, plays nothing but defense, and  many people argue  that we should keep him because he could still develop. But the same logic doesn’t apply to the 30 goal scorer? That’s stupid.

Laine could still develop yes and that would be factored into the price you have to pay but I am not sure that he will. But yes, a flawed BMW is better than a reliable Honda Accord

8 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

Laine could still develop yes and that would be factored into the price you have to pay but I am not sure that he will. But yes, a flawed BMW is better than a reliable Honda Accord

A flawed BMW is better than a flawed Honda Accord, actually. 

50 minutes ago, devlman said:

Why the hell are they changing it up again??! Howl is just fine..it’s finally become accepted and a tradition. Can they just leave the sh!t fans like alone

It’s incredible.... some things they do are tone deaf (no pun intended) as fvck. I remember DM saying Devils staff members read this board sometimes.... well Devils staff members, if you’re reading this, LEAVE THE GOAL SONG ALONE. IT’S FINE.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

from what i can gather from Laine is that he's not handling it well when he's not producing. He gets reaaaaally mad at himself, gets very emotional and can't quite control it. So that's likely why he's struggling during those stretches.

so there's still some mental growing to do there. I assume at NHL level that he should have people that can help him with that

Edited by SterioDesign

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

from what i can gather from Laine is that he's not handling it well when he's not producing. He gets reaaaaally mad at himself, gets very emotional and can't quite control it. So that's likely why he's struggling during those stretches.

so there's still some mental growing to do there. I assume at NHL level that he should have people that can help him with that

Sports Psychologists, MacKinnon uses ever since it helped him get out of his scoring drought.

6 hours ago, jagknife said:

They do that chant to Gold on the Ceiling by the Black Keys, not R&Rpt2

I was referring to the fact that Nashville embraces the hey you suck aspect.  One of the original reasons R&R pt 2 got scrapped because the ownership wanted to make the rock more family friendly. I renominated it because it is part of Devils history.  I really don't care what the song is. EXCEPT that it NOT be that  Bon Jovi monstrosity ownership tried to ram down our throats.

• Like 1