2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:35 PM, Devils01 said:

https://youtu.be/I_OfO6aAq_Q

I’ve never been so pumped for a season to start. LETSSS fvckINGG GOOOOO

great video, a nice reminder of what an amazing offseason we had. Soon it will be time to drop the puck and win on the ice where it counts

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Off topic kinda, but I'm just going through the list of "Alumni Players" in NHL 20, and Dano is on the list but Marty isn't... lol am I missing something?

EDIT: Terreri is listed

EDIT: Holy sh!t so is Corey Schwab

Apparently its because unlike players in the NHLPA who are automatically in the game, alumni players had to be negotiated with individually on a year to year basis. 

So Gardiner signed with the Canes for four years @4.05mm...   coming off five years @4.05mm with the Leafs...   I wonder why the extra 50k is part of his deals?

I wouldn’t have minded signing him for 4yrs at 4.05mm AAV...  

https://www.tsn.ca/carolina-hurricanes-sign-ex-leafs-d-jake-gardiner-to-four-year-deal-1.13615

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I’m either missing something or do you guys mean Boucher?

lol I just assumed from reading the thread that it was Burke that was getting hired in his place, I guess it is Boucher. 

Then again, maybe Boucher will get the hook and have to be replaced by the second period.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I’m either missing something or do you guys mean Boucher?

I read the article at work and think my brain might have done that thing where the eyes read the first part of a sequence and the brain just fills in the second part. I saw Brian and my brain filled in Burke. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aylbert said:

So Gardiner signed with the Canes for four years @4.05mm...   coming off five years @4.05mm with the Leafs...   I wonder why the extra 50k is part of his deals?

https://www.tsn.ca/carolina-hurricanes-sign-ex-leafs-d-jake-gardiner-to-four-year-deal-1.13615

Yeah that’s a nice deal. 

9 hours ago, aylbert said:

Where would he have fit tho

10 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Apparently its because unlike players in the NHLPA who are automatically in the game, alumni players had to be negotiated with individually on a year to year basis. 

I figured that was the case. fvcking Marty

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2019/09/nhl-trade-rumor-carolina-hurricanes.html?m=1

Faulk, the offensive defenceman has one year remaining on his contract at $4.83 million and with the amount of offensive defencemen now on the 'Canes and the questions surrounding their goaltenders, the team could be looking to move Faulk for somebody cheaper and more defensively responsible.

The Colorado Avalanche have reached out, along with Columbus Blue Jackets and New Jersey Devils.

The Devils could be the most intriguing as they have an offer on the table for Patrik Laine, which appears to be holding everything else up. The Blue Jackets are a team Faulk would have a hard time leaving for, and lastly Colorado could be the best fit for both sides.

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

Can we please stop spamming a website labeled “nhl trade rumors.me” because that’s a 14 year old with a blog.

I am inclined to agree, I just read through their site for a bit and almost every rumor was wrong, like their Gardiner destination teams. Lets put a pause on links from there for now until they get something right.

• Like 5

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind it. It gives something to talk about just for fun even if it isn't credible. There's literally nothing else going on right now. I feel like if eveyone is on the same page that it's Єklund (2.3% accurate) levels of bullsh!t it can be good for some laughs if nothing else.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind it. It gives something to talk about just for fun even if it isn't credible. There's literally nothing else going on right now. I feel like if eveyone is on the same page that it's Єklund (2.3% accurate) levels of bullsh!t it can be good for some laughs if nothing else.

I’d rather discuss stuff that’s credible.