2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

I can not see it being about money unless Ray really is low balling him, As someone else mentioned its most likely term, NJ probably does not want to commit to long term contract with his hot/cold play. I would really like to see him play this season he brings a defensive special teams edge that we could use but I wouldn't be to upset if he does a Kovy!

Edited by Devs1965

i actually don't really blame Zacha (in a way) he's been pushed to the 4th line... all the moves ray did to get wingers is also pushing him out of the top 6 for that too... he knew he'd have limited ice time and not much chance to prove himself otherwize so i get he didnt want to commit to any money based on what he was worth... now.... and he knew he couldnt prove himself much more after...

still really sucks tho

edit: Obviously though it's clearly @mfitz804's fault... now we know players ARE reading this forum

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3

So the goal song vote is now up for the next few days.  Top 3 choices out of the selection below will be played at Devils preseason games before a final vote.

IMO, the list below is proof to me these were pre-determined before they even asked for suggestions.  Sorry, but no one chose Dee Snider and Queen.  I love Queen and all their songs but Don't Stop Me Now is not a good goal song.  The Devils did a nice job fooling a lot of people into giving them their contact info for their sales CRM.

Ole - The Bouncing Souls

Hey Baby - DJ Otzi

Whoomp! (There It is) - Tag Team

I Wanna Rock - Twister Sister

Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty by Nature

Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen

Howl - Gaslight Anthem

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

So the goal song vote is now up for the next few days.  Top 3 choices out of the selection below will be played at Devils preseason games before a final vote.

IMO, the list below is proof to me these were pre-determined before they even asked for suggestions.  Sorry, but no one chose Dee Snider and Queen.  I love Queen and all their songs but Don't Stop Me Now is not a good goal song.  The Devils did a nice job fooling a lot of people into giving them their contact info for their sales CRM.

Ole - The Bouncing Souls

Hey Baby - DJ Otzi

Howl - Gaslight Anthem

Do you have the link to where you can vote? Because I kinda don’t like any of those. Mine as well stay with Gaslight Anthem.

32 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Ole - The Bouncing Souls

Hey Baby - DJ Otzi

Howl - Gaslight Anthem

I'm with you, this list is completely fixed. I don't believe that many people voted for whomp there it is. Nightmare that will be. 

I can't believe anyone voted for hey baby either..... And it's probably the easiest song  on the list to put you suck into lol

I also don't believe that many people voted for naughty by nature or even know they are from Newark..... But the vmas were just there and they performed at the arena a few months ago with Devils jerseys on so that also reeks of the front office putting that song on the list.

fvcking hell I hate this list. I hope Howl wins at this point too. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm with you, this list is completely fixed. I don't believe that many people voted for whomp there it is. Nightmare that will be. 

I can't believe anyone voted for hey baby either..... And it's probably the easiest song  on the list to put you suck into lol

I also don't believe that many people voted for naughty by nature or even know they are from Newark..... But the vmas were just there and they performed at the arena a few months ago with Devils jerseys on so that also reeks of the front office putting that song on the list.

fvcking hell I hate this list. I hope Howl wins at this point too. 

This is why I think that is the one that has a shot of winning.  Devils saw the VMA's and ran with that.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Knowing how much our fan base fears change, I’d have to think Howl wins in a landslide. 

It's the best one out of a sad selection.

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Shero on Zacha per Mike Morreale.

EECaTQkXYAI6w32.jpg:large

That looks a lot like Ray recognizing what Zachas agent is up to and him trying to appeal to Zacha himself. For some reason I get the feeling that Zacha isn't the kind of person that holds out and looks to the KHL without an agent telling him to. 

44 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Ole - The Bouncing Souls

Hey Baby - DJ Otzi

Howl - Gaslight Anthem

I guess Ole wasn't terrible the few years we used it either. Even if it's not the most original goal song

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Apparently east orange according to Wikipedia. Either way it would be an absolute horrendous song to have to hear that after every goal. 

i could not agree with this more, though fvcking Whoomp There It Is would be bad as well. I mean seriously, that's the list?? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That looks a lot like Ray recognizing what Zachas agent is up to and him trying to appeal to Zacha himself. For some reason I get the feeling that Zacha isn't the kind of person that holds out and looks to the KHL without an agent telling him to. 

Didn’t I read here (or somewhere else) that he has a bit of controlling father? Maybe he’s also in his ear? 

Also if this was truely a real submitted list from our fan base (which its clearly not) it shows how we have basically no fans who were born from what? 1984 and onwards? Lmfao out of all the "fan submitted" songs the only song from past 2000 that got a lot of votes was Howl? Lol a song I don't think enough people even cared to vote in for to begin with.

The front office who runs this garbage really does think we are absolute morons. Hugh Weber probably put this horrendous list together. 

1975 - Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen

1981 - Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

1984 - I Wanna Rock - Twister Sister

1992 - Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty by Nature

1993 - Whoomp! (There It is) - Tag Team

1999 - Ole - The Bouncing Souls

2000 - Hey Baby - DJ Otzi

2012 - Howl - Gaslight Anthem

• Like 2