2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

True, but when the arena gets more fired up about the you suck or Rangers suck chant far more than even a Let's Go Devils chant, something isn't quite right here.

I wish i could agree.

But i've been told i have no right to hold an opinion on that matter cause i don't live in NJ

59 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You guys in Canada don't even know what real bacon is. 

;) 

we have poutines and garlic fingers though. 

side note: i guess Carolina is working a trade with Anaheim for Faulk.

Too many rumours about him not to be traded at this point. Them getting Gardiner probably sealed the deal

Edited by SterioDesign

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

we have poutines and garlic fingers though. 

side note: i guess Carolina is working a trade with Anaheim for Faulk.

Too many rumours about him not to be traded at this point. Them getting Gardiner probably sealed the deal

Damn poutine is some good sh!t, you have me there. 

24 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i will never understand why America never picked up on the whole poutine thing. It's greasy, taste awesome and it makes you fat. That's america in a nutshell lol 

Said by (and commented on by) the people who think snails are food. ;) 

Edited by mfitz804

Got my season tickets today, very nice job by the Devils. Nice red box with red lettering which is hard to read but says new jersey Devils and the we are the ones slogan. 

There's a pin and a really nice scarf, says we are the ones on one side and new jersey Devils on the other. Each side looks like the socks, so one side is the white ones and the other is the reds.

The membership card this year is actually a wallet card size which is fantastic and something I've been asking about for years since I refuse to wear a stupid lanyard and a giant card around my neck. My only complaint is I wish they made the card the actual ticket that you could scan to get inside. 

I opted for hard tickets as a perk and they are nice and have 4 different designs, Nico, Subban, Hall and Hughes.

Overall a very good job by the Devils and I like to give them credit when they deserve it........now just don't fvck with me with this stupid goal song bullsh!t and I'll be very happy lol. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Got my season tickets today, very nice job by the Devils. Nice red box with red lettering which is hard to read but says new jersey Devils and the we are the ones slogan. 

There's a pin and a really nice scarf, says we are the ones on one side and new jersey Devils on the other. Each side looks like the socks, so one side is the white ones and the other is the reds.

The membership card this year is actually a wallet card size which is fantastic and something I've been asking about for years since I refuse to wear a stupid lanyard and a giant card around my neck. My only complaint is I wish they made the card the actual ticket that you could scan to get inside. 

I opted for hard tickets as a perk and they are nice and have 4 different designs, Nico, Subban, Hall and Hughes.

Overall a very good job by the Devils and I like to give them credit when they deserve it........now just don't fvck with me with this stupid goal song bullsh!t and I'll be very happy lol. 

Pics or it didn’t happen. 

15 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I saw the pictures of the season ticket packages on the various FB groups.  I have to say they do indeed look very nice.

Most I saw had the red box, however one had a box that was black.  Is that for premium ticket holders (clubs, suites, etc)?

I believe so and I think they may get different physical tickets as well but when you're spending that much money for those seats the team should be spending more money on them. Sometimes this team cheaps out on certain things. 

I've argued with them in the past about how they do reward items, for example for an incentive gift for this season I could have selected I think it was a pullover or sweater I can't remember but they will only give you 1 per account which is absolutely ridiculous for people who have multiple seats so I was surprised they actually gave more than 1 scarf.

Edited by Satans Hockey

according to TSN, Marner turned down 11 mill for seven years.

If that is true... omg what an idiot.  That deal is directly in line with his abilities.

Edit:
Article isn't clear if that is $11 per year for seven or 8 years

Either way, there is no excusable reason to turn that down.

I hope he rots out of season like Nylander last year

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

12 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

If that is true... omg what an idiot.  That deal is directly in line with his abilities.

Edit:

He wants a shorter term deal so that he can try to cash in later for a considerably higher amount per year while still very much in his prime...that's why he doesn't want 7-8 years. You're probably going to start seeing more and more of this. 

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

20190911_092356.thumb.jpg.f809d5f4baaa08f33a90c04d8f0b7686.jpg

I do not like the new slogan. 

46 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Edit:

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You might disagree with him, but he doesn't want one payday. He wants a short term deal so that his next contract (especially with a huge raise in the cap) is significantly higher. 

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean they're the dumb one. 

He’s an idiot until he winds up getting more money. 

• Haha 1

Just now, MB3 said:

Current list of Marner's endorsement deals:

GoodFood

Intact

Red Bull

Chevrolet

Beats by Dre

Call of Duty

Bulova

American Express

True Hockey

Visa

All that list shows is that he is even dumber to turn down the 11 mil deal. He's rolling in cash, so why not sign the 'team friendly' (er not really) deal to try and keep the team competitive?

Or maybe he doesn't care about winning.

Seriously, I can't stand the Patriots, but just look at the model that Tom Brady sets of how to build a winner.  Take a bit less cash, sign more and better players, keep winning, then make a second fortune with endorsements, and a third fortune with a model wife.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa
  • Like 2