2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

Strickland is pretty reliable, as a year ago he was the first one to say that Subban would eventually be traded.  If this is true, it shows you how much Winnipeg undervalues Laine and how much they’ve botched it.  If you don’t think someone who scored more than 40 goals as a 19 year old isn’t worth more than $6million AAV on a three year deal, you should have traded him at the draft before word of the lowball offers got out.

It would be extremely tempting to trade for him at a relative discount and play on a line with Hughes, even if cap space might be a little tight.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Strickland is pretty reliable, as a year ago he was the first one to say that Subban would eventually be traded.  If this is true, it shows you how much Winnipeg undervalues Laine and how much they’ve botched it.  If you don’t think someone who scored more than 40 goals as a 19 year old isn’t worth more than $6million AAV on a three year deal, you should have traded him at the draft before word of the lowball offers got out.

It would be extremely tempting to trade for him at a relative discount and play on a line with Hughes, even if cap space might be a little tight.

Laine is clearly worth in excess of $6m. I don’t know what he is looking for, but I’d give him $7m for as many years as he wants it. 

Wow these remaining songs really suck, would rather bring back the pedophile lol

Ok, when Nico was drafted everyone was really excited but wasn’t sure about the expectations.  Now that he’s been in the league for a couple of years we’re obviously hoping he has a breakout season.  With Hughes getting drafted this year expectations for him are really high with all the hype.  What are you expecting from Hughes that wasn’t thought of when Nico got drafted?  Obviously the hype was much higher for Hughes.  What do you think Jack will bring this first year that may have been missing from Nico’s game during his first year?

Hope that wasn’t too confusing.  I know how I wanted that question to come out sounding but just gonna hope you guys can decipher it all.

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Truely a nightmare fitting for Friday the 13th, I really hope they use hip hop hooray vs the Islanders since I can't make that game... 

It's going to be Naughty by Nature.  After the VMA's, and PK and Hall both endorsing the song on Twitter, I would be shocked if they went with anything else at this point.  Howl was fine and should have stayed the goal song.  

Just now, Chuck the Duck said:

It's going to be Naughty by Nature.  After the VMA's, and PK and Hall both endorsing the song on Twitter, I would be shocked if they went with anything else at this point.  Howl was fine and should have stayed the goal song.  

I agree since I think it's been rigged all along too. Naughty by nature played at the Rock a few months ago and wore free Devils jerseys as well. 

Just really hope we are wrong. 

I guess I'm on the minority, but I don't see the big deal with Hip Hop Hooray. Its a little different, which is nice. I like Don't Stop Me Now as a song but it makes no sense as a goal song. Howl I could always take or leave. It never did anything for me. Just felt very generic. 

And I don't want to start a whole thing but jeez the "you suck" people are kinda sad at this point. I never had a problem with the chant, and it fit into RR2 very well, but yeeesh. Shoehorning it into everything is getting cringey. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Hip Hop Hooray would work just fine. It's just a goal song.

Imagine if some fans who care this much about a goal song would actually show up to the games?  

I don't think that's fair, caring a lot about the goal song doesn't mean you have the means or ability to show up to a lot of games. 

Personally though I do care a lot since I'll be there having to listen to this crap if it gets picked.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

If they want to pick a blatantly terrible goal song because they’re morons then fine. But to further insult our intelligence by parading around this charade of a ‘fan vote’ is the worst. Stop pretending the fans had anything to do with this pathetic email-grabbing ploy. Weber, O’Neill and all those tone deaf suits in the business front office continue to sh!t on the fans like they have been since day 1. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't think that's fair, caring a lot about the goal song doesn't mean you have the means or ability to show up to a lot of games. 

Personally though I do care a lot since I'll be there having to listen to this crap if it gets picked.

I'm obviously not talking about Devs fans that live out of NJ. 

52 minutes ago, devlman said:

If they want to pick a blatantly terrible goal song because they’re morons then fine. But to further insult our intelligence by parading around this charade of a ‘fan vote’ is the worst. Stop pretending the fans had anything to do with this pathetic email-grabbing ploy. Weber, O’Neill and all those tone deaf suits in the business front office continue to sh!t on the fans like they have been since day 1. 

They have not been sh!tting on us, c'mon man.  They let Lou spend even when he was no longer spending wisely.  They've let Ray do his thing with zero interference, and it looks like it's about to pay off.  They've made the arena a better place since buying the team.  Yeah, occasionally some corporate tool decides it's time to reinvent the wheel where it's not necessary, like messing with goal song..."Howl" may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it was good enough, and clearly wasn't in the "WTF this sh!t's gotta go, NOW!" category...and I still think the jerseys should've been left alone.  But overall I think these guys have done a good job with the franchise since coming here.  It's not their fault that the on-ice product finally bottomed out, and need to be rebuilt from the ground up.  If anything I give them some credit for not meddling and trying to speed up the rebuild before its time, the way some owners can and will. 

• Like 3