2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

3 hours ago, Ralliart90 said:

You know the game(s) tomorrow isn’t going to be on MSG? Only Islanders can Flyers game. I’m kinda pissed. Hopefully they do what they did for the prospect games. On YouTube or that NJD.tv website. Wednesday games vs the Rags will be on MSG.

Doesn’t make any sense given there are so many MSG channels. MSG2 and MSG+ are going to be signed off with zero programming instead of showing our preseason game. 

I don’t see how that makes sense. 

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Doesn’t make any sense given there are so many MSG channels. MSG2 and MSG+ are going to be signed off with zero programming instead of showing our preseason game. 

I confirmed on my xfinity cable listing. Tomorrow on MSG is just the islanders v flyers game.

Even if you go to the NHL phone app, look at tomorrow’s games, on the upper right hand it’s nothing. Go to Wednesday game against the Rags, a little “MSG” pops up. 

Edited by Ralliart90

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It costs money to pay everyone involved with producing a hockey broadcast.  It may be cheaper to have nothing on instead of the game.

57 minutes ago, Triumph said:

It's a preseason hockey game.  The audience for that is tiny.

I’m sure. Your reasoning is extremely rational, but I still find it annoying that they would air nothing as opposed to something. I mean, we all pay to have those channels, and most of us it’s for one reason. Why not go ahead and give the people paying for it what they came for?

23 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

season hasn't even started yet and Simmonds is out with a lower body injury.. this is a great preview for whats to come 

It was a “who cares” deal when signed, so it’s a “who cares” injury. 

Makes Miles Wood more valuable, IMO. 

I wouldn't say its a who cares injury, he's being paid 5m and slotted into a top six role. Id rather have a player who is making top 6 money play a top six role then have miles wood who will play a 4th line roll in our top six. With that said, its a "who cares" game, but thats besides the point.

29 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I wouldn't say its a who cares injury, he's being paid 5m and slotted into a top six role. Id rather have a player who is making top 6 money play a top six role then have miles wood who will play a 4th line roll in our top six. With that said, its a "who cares" game, but thats besides the point.

They aren’t going to stick Wood in the top 6. I’m just saying his value goes up since he is the only other “tough guy” on the roster, at least among forwards. 

Besides, after last year, I can’t say I want Simmonds playing a top 6 role automatically, regardless of his pay. Besides, we both know his (declining?) skill level and his pay have nothing to do with why he was slotted in there anyway. 

32 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They aren’t going to stick Wood in the top 6. I’m just saying his value goes up since he is the only other “tough guy” on the roster, at least among forwards. 

Besides, after last year, I can’t say I want Simmonds playing a top 6 role automatically, regardless of his pay. Besides, we both know his (declining?) skill level and his pay have nothing to do with why he was slotted in there anyway. 

of course, he was slotted in there to protect our 2 brand new players to this league who happen to be a little undersized. It will be interesting to see what ends up happening with him. I think that he will have a bounce back here, time will tell.

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He scored 17 goals last season, it’s not like he was horrible. I fully expect to see him in the top 6. 

I don't think anyone is concerned with the 17 goals, it was the player he was once he was moved to a different team with new players and a new system. Again with that said, I fully expect him to come in here and be a positive factor.

46 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

of course, he was slotted in there to protect our 2 brand new players to this league who happen to be a little undersized. It will be interesting to see what ends up happening with him. I think that he will have a bounce back here, time will tell.

We have no idea since a "lower body injury" can be anything from an ingrown nail to needing a total knee replacement lol. 

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Goal song down to final two:

Howl - SatansHockey is relieved

Hip Hop Hooray - SatansHockey below:

spacer.png

I don't know whether to give an angry react or laughing react.... 

Just shows even more how rigged this was since somehow the queen song got all those write in votes yet nobody is voting for it now. Plus changing the rules when it was supposed to be 3 all along. Clown show.... 

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also with this new bag policy you can apparently pay for lockers if you have to, really sucks for people coming from work and the team/league really can afford to provide free lockers if they want to go this route... 

Meh the way I see it if you can drop $15 on frozen chicken tenders and $12 on terrible domestic beer without batting an eye then $8 is not really a big deal.

Edited by DevsMan84