Jump to content

2019 Offseason Thread


Daniel
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Duchene's contract has its peak money in the potential lock out year, he's suggesting that players are more confident that there won't be a lockout this time around.

Wouldn’t that be a nice change of pace!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're not landing one of the big fish, you really are best off staying out of free agency. It's true when they say the most mistakes are made on July 1st, ask the Oilers how they feel about Lucic or the Canucks how they feel about Loui Eriksson.

I saw this on Twitter and it's pretty accurate: Free Agency is like a restaurant where there's about two good things on the menu and the rest will give you varying degrees of food poisoning.

If Panarin didn't wanna come here, fine. I trust Shero if he decides not to shell out $9M for Anders fvcking Lee, because that's the right decision. Ferland or Dzingel isn't going to go a long way in convincing Taylor Hall to stay.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the way I'm looking at the Panarin thing. He pretty much ****** Columbus and left the Isles high and dry. The way the Rangers get their UFAs, it was only a matter of time before they got another similar UFA, whether it be Hall next year, etc. etc. The reason I bring that up is, with good/great NHLers knocking down the door to play for that sh!t franchise, they were likely to be good anyway. The Islanders were smoke and mirrors last year due to insane goaltending that will not be repeated. They are not a good team and Panarin would obviously make them more "real". Columbus is about to lose their #1C (Duchene), best player (Panarin), top 3 goalie in the league (Bobrovsky), and middle six forward (Dzingel). Yes, they have some pieces in Jones, Werenski, and Dubois, but they are going to be pretty bad. 2 teams in the division got a lot worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PE Bellmare to Colorado

 

TSN making some interesting points again, this time regarding RFAs:

Teams can front load/signing bonus the sh!t out of contracts. It won't change the compensation, but the other teams will have to match the exact bonus, and some teams might not be able to match

They talked about Sakic signing a sheet with the Rags and the Avs had to pool money to get it/match it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Here is the way I'm looking at the Panarin thing. He pretty much ****** Columbus and left the Isles high and dry. The way the Rangers get their UFAs, it was only a matter of time before they got another similar UFA, whether it be Hall next year, etc. etc. The reason I bring that up is, with good/great NHLers knocking down the door to play for that sh!t franchise, they were likely to be good anyway. The Islanders were smoke and mirrors last year due to insane goaltending that will not be repeated. They are not a good team and Panarin would obviously make them more "real". Columbus is about to lose their #1C (Duchene), best player (Panarin), top 3 goalie in the league (Bobrovsky), and middle six forward (Dzingel). Yes, they have some pieces in Jones, Werenski, and Dubois, but they are going to be pretty bad. 2 teams in the division got a lot worse.

I don't know how he screwed Columbus... He was pretty open about not wanting to return. Its on them for not trading him

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

PE Bellmare to Colorado

 

TSN making some interesting points again, this time regarding RFAs:

Teams can front load/signing bonus the sh!t out of contracts. It won't change the compensation, but the other teams will have to match the exact bonus, and some teams might not be able to match

They talked about Sakic signing a sheet with the Rags and the Avs had to pool money to get it/match it

I mean this is a very real scenario with Aho.

If a team like the Habs loaded the contract with signing bonuses like they were talking about.. could the Canes feasibly match?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean this is a very real scenario with Aho.

If a team like the Habs loaded the contract with signing bonuses like they were talking about.. could the Canes feasibly match?

Considering their owner is in the middle of a lawsuit with the now defunct AAF to recoup his investment money, I'm not sure they could pay out...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Here is the way I'm looking at the Panarin thing. He pretty much ****** Columbus and left the Isles high and dry. The way the Rangers get their UFAs, it was only a matter of time before they got another similar UFA, whether it be Hall next year, etc. etc. The reason I bring that up is, with good/great NHLers knocking down the door to play for that sh!t franchise, they were likely to be good anyway. The Islanders were smoke and mirrors last year due to insane goaltending that will not be repeated. They are not a good team and Panarin would obviously make them more "real". Columbus is about to lose their #1C (Duchene), best player (Panarin), top 3 goalie in the league (Bobrovsky), and middle six forward (Dzingel). Yes, they have some pieces in Jones, Werenski, and Dubois, but they are going to be pretty bad. 2 teams in the division got a lot worse.

I think this is the year that Pittsburgh misses the playoffs too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MB3 said:

So if Hall was waiting on today’s moves to sign a contract, it might be time to wonder what we can get in return. Because you can’t lose him for nothing, and I don’t blame him for getting the fvck out.

There will be a time for that, perhaps sooner than we think, but I'd wait at least a week before it's a real discussion point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I would suck a d!ck for a rumor at this point, Jesus Christ please tell me Shero is at least awake.

You didn't specify how credible, so when are you paying up.   I'm happily married, so some other dude.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course, the irony is that if Shero had dealt for Subban today or even yesterday, there's considerably less hysteria right now.  Short memories, but that wasn't hard to see coming. 

Once again, Ray has made it pretty clear that overpaying for UFAs isn't really the route that he wants to go...not sure why anyone was expecting a big signing at this point.  Offseasons are not decided less than two hours after the "official" start of UFA. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Of course, the irony is that if Shero had dealt for Subban today or even yesterday, there's considerably less hysteria right now.  Short memories, but that wasn't hard to see coming. 

Once again, Ray has made it pretty clear that overpaying for UFAs isn't really the route that he wants to go...not sure why anyone was expecting a big signing at this point.  Offseasons are not decided less than two hours after the "official" start of UFA. 

Devils were literally in the news all over for a week after the draft praising Shero's work so far and what a great couple days NJ had. Very much a short term memory thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.