2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

11 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

A sinus infection with a 50/50 chance of survival. That's something to think about the next time I feel like sh!t but don't want to go to the doctor. 

53 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

More room on the bigger ice.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

A sinus infection with a 50/50 chance of survival. That's something to think about the next time I feel like sh!t but don't want to go to the doctor. 

Seriously, I’ve never heard of anything like that before. 😞

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Definitely going to be interesting to see if Ray tries to use a couple of those 2nds and 3rds to get back into the late 1st round if he sees someone he likes falling

Would be great if Shero ends up getting the Devils back in the first round while the Rags don't.

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

First off, THANK YOU PAT MAROON for not only preventing the Rags from getting a first rounder but for apparently improving our 3rd(?) rounder by 10 spots.   That's no small thing. :hail:

Now that said, this gives Shero excellent bargaining pieces to see if there's a team out there that would bite.

Edited by glenwo2

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Woof. 

That take is about as dopey as it gets.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

So stupid, apparently he's a football guy so that's how he came up with this nonsense. 

Blandino was the fvcking Director of Officiating for the NFL. He was absolutely incompetent, which this stupid tweet of his highlights.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Blandino was the fvcking Director of Officiating for the NFL. He was absolutely incompetent, which this stupid tweet of his highlights.

Bet he believes a goal should be 6 points and then followed by a Penalty shot to get one more point.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Bet he believes a goal should be 6 points and then followed by a Penalty shot to get one more point.  

Penalty shot gets you 2 points, if you shoot it though the uprights over the goalie from the blue line you get 1 point.

EDIT: Also, I saw Boyle changed his twitter profile pick back to Devils swag. Let the speculation begin.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I propose various other skill-first games, first to three total points win. I think the home team should choose between the following: freeze-tag; Yu-Gi-Oh! duels, ultimate backgammon, and shirts-versus-skins backyard football (played on the arena concourse.) 

How do I submit this to the NHL.

Its only like one step more absurd than what they actually do. 

I favor, instead, each team selects one player (or, a champion from the crowd) and they fight each other to the death at center ice. 

Winner gets the extra point. Loser potentially clears a roster space. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Its only like one step more absurd than what they actually do. 

I favor, instead, each team selects one player (or, a champion from the crowd) and they fight each other to the death at center ice. 

Winner gets the extra point. Loser potentially clears a roster space. 

Its over time! Get back out there, Andy Greene!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Well did he deliver a punch too cause.... "Don't hit our #13 or else you get to punch me in the face" is not that scary to me

Yeah, talk about an ineffective enforcer.

"If you hit Nico I am going to injure your hands with my face!!"

Just to be clear, bunch of english guys... it's not really well translate.
And me, with my broken english ... I will save you ! 

So basically, he say something more like " Don't touch number 13 or You will have to go through me " 

But yeah.. Someone really motivate would love to go through him.. And go punch Nico after. But ... hey...

4 minutes ago, moustic said:

So basically, he say something more like " Don't touch number 13 or You will have to go through me " 

But yeah.. Someone really motivate would love to go through him.. And go punch Nico after. But ... hey...

Check out 1:23 - 1:33:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, moustic said:

Well i'm french too and all he's saying is that he got hit in the face haha

«Touche pas au numéro 13», a dit Genazzi au Letton fautif, avant de se prendre un bon coup de poing au visage et de passer quatre minutes sur le banc des pénalités dans la foulée. «Il m’a bien cogné, juste sur le nez, et ça a un peu piqué. Mais bon…» Caissier, policier: vraiment un précieux gars d’équipe, Genazzi!

so......

"Dont touch number 13..." then said he got hit in the face and spent 4 minutes in the penalty box... then he said "he got me good, right on the nose.. it stung a bit but hey....."

so the updated version is... "don't hit #13 cause you'll have to punch someone trying to make a point and spend 4 minutes in the box"

From TSN Free Agent tracker:

624458505_freeagents.thumb.jpg.b78627bbf481327539c5860d881f0d38.jpg

Who knew that a 55 year old could still play...

Anyway, do we try and throw the bank at a guy like Myers? Or is that not a good idea?  Karlsson is obviously the best offensive dman available, but I feel we need pure defense at this point.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

1 minute ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

From TSN Free Agent tracker:

624458505_freeagents.thumb.jpg.b78627bbf481327539c5860d881f0d38.jpg

Who knew that a 55 year old could still play...

Anyway, do we try and throw the bank at a guy like Myers? Or is that not a good idea?  Karlsson is obviously the best offensive dman available, but I feel we need pure defense at this point.

Ray if you're reading this, just say NO to Tyler Myers.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Ray if you're reading this, just say NO to Tyler Myers.

Ok, could you explain a bit? I don't get to see Myers play a lot so don't know much about him except he started with Buffalo.

Is he slow, inept, plodding, poor teammate?