Jump to content
Daniel

2019 Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

Hawks get Ryan Carpenter for 1m per year for 3 years

Wouldn't have minded him for a bottom 6 role

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gunslinger27 said:

I'd Like to know what Shero is thinking right now ! 

 

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

"At least I'm not Lamoriello"

Yup. At least we never had him, we didn't almost have him and then lose him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mfitz804 said:

 

Yup. At least we never had him, we didn't almost have him and then lose him. 

Or piss away a free agent of our own in the process too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

I'd Like to know what Shero is thinking right now ! 

I think it's become clear that Shero's not a free agency guy.  He just doesn't believe in it.. or he's a terrible seller / negotiator with UFAs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Are they?

Can’t tell if you’re joking, but holy fvck yes they are. Like it’s not even in the same stratosphere now that they have Panarin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember last year that Shero's acquisitions happened pretty late in the day.. or at least that's what I remember.  So I wouldn't hit the panic button yet as far as not doing anything.

..that said, if we do nothing today.. idk.  Not a good look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That said, over the past three seasons they've stockpiled insane amounts of talent.  They've got arguably the best goalie prospect in the world in Georgiev, they added Fox and Trouba to their back end (still some warts there for them though), and they added a bluechip prospect in Kakko and arguably one of the best W's in the game up front.

They are a better team than we are right now, and they're stocked to be very good in the not-too-distant future.

They added Trouba, we added Subban.

They got Kakko, we got Hughes.

They have Panarin, we have Hall. 

Aside from the goalie thing, I am not seeing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I think it's become clear that Shero's not a free agency guy.  He just doesn't believe in it.. or he's a terrible seller / negotiator with UFAs.

Thinking maybe staying with the youth direction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They added Trouba, we added Subban.

They got Kakko, we got Hughes.

They have Panarin, we have Hall. 

Aside from the goalie thing, I am not seeing it. 

We have 20 mill cap space, they have 2 mill. I trust Shero to do what is right, if Hall asks anywhere near 12 mill, expect Hall to be traded or leave.

Edited by Anhkheg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "FIRE Shero!" crowd 'bout to show up like:

57c05d181fd1f62d48150a47437a017d.gif.cb8637d63f919f249b8334b429c41bec.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I think it's become clear that Shero's not a free agency guy.  He just doesn't believe in it.. or he's a terrible seller / negotiator with UFAs.

 

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

The "FIRE Shero!" crowd 'bout to show up like:

57c05d181fd1f62d48150a47437a017d.gif.cb8637d63f919f249b8334b429c41bec.gif

I like that people think its Shero's fault that free agents don't sign in NJ. Sorry, but he can only work with what he has to work with 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

They added Trouba, we added Subban.

They got Kakko, we got Hughes.

They have Panarin, we have Hall. 

Aside from the goalie thing, I am not seeing it. 

I would take Trouba over Subban for the duration of their careers ten times over. I would take panarin over Hall for the duration of their careers ten times over. 

Their young defense is better than we are. Kravstov is a better prospect than we’ve had in our system not named Nico/jack in the last decade. 

They have two young goalies who are significantly, SIGNIFICANTLY better than Blackwood. They’re flush with draft picks and young talent. 

Theyre unmistakably In a better spot than we are unless Jack is generational and Kappo is just good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

The "FIRE Shero!" crowd 'bout to show up like:

57c05d181fd1f62d48150a47437a017d.gif.cb8637d63f919f249b8334b429c41bec.gif

Live action shot of me at my desk:

Image result for getting angry gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

We have 20 mill cap space, they have 2 mill. I trust Shero to do what is right, if Hall asks anywhere near 12 mill, expect Hall to be traded or leave.

“We have 20 million in cap space But we definitely shouldn’t use it on our MVP.” 

You wanna give 9 to Lee instead? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

We have 20 mill cap space, they have 2 mill. I trust Shero to do what is right, if Hall asks anywhere near 12 mill, expect Hall to be traded or leave.

Yeah not to pile up on you, but I'd have given Panarin half of that in a heartbeat.  Especially with the contracts we're clearing next offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

“We have 20 million in cap space But we definitely shouldn’t use it on our MVP.” 

You wanna give 9 to Lee instead? 

I never advocated giving Lee 9mill, knowing me you should know I would not offer Lee more than 6-7 million. Was hoping for Donskoi though for a winger and either Gardiner or Chiarot as Dman. I am extremely comfortable knowing Shero works the cap like a boss.

Edited by Anhkheg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeah not to pile up on you, but I'd have given Panarin half of that in a heartbeat.  Especially with the contracts we're clearing next offseason.

Don’t worry, next season he’ll say “we have 46 million in cap room. No way I’m overpaying Hischier by 500k”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

“We have 20 million in cap space But we definitely shouldn’t use it on our MVP.” 

You wanna give 9 to Lee instead? 

If anything, we shouldn't be hearing from Shero now because he's busy driving a money truck to Hall's house. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I would take Trouba over Subban for the duration of their careers ten times over. I would take panarin over Hall for the duration of their careers ten times over. 

Their young defense is better than we are. Kravstov is a better prospect than we’ve had in our system not named Nico/jack in the last decade. 

They have two young goalies who are significantly, SIGNIFICANTLY better than Blackwood. They’re flush with draft picks and young talent. 

Theyre unmistakably In a better spot than we are unless Jack is generational and Kappo is just good.

The do have nearly half of the forwards coming due for contracts next summer and I'd say nearly all of them are due good raises

They also only have 2 extra picks next year... and they're 7th rounders

I'm not disputing the Trouba/Subban and Panarin/Hall points, but, it is the Rangers, they have to buy to stay relevant and they will need to pay a lot of people next july.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anhkheg said:

I never advocated giving Lee 9mill, knowing me you should know I would not offer Lee more than 6-7 million. 

Then neither he nor Hall would play for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something people keep forgetting when they’re saying “BUT WE HAVE OUR OWN GUYS TO SIGNNNNNN”: Andy Greene is gone next year. Taylor Hall already counts for 6m on the cap. 

We aren’t close to the cap. We’re BARELY at the cap floor. We will not be close to the cap unless someone we DONT expect turns into a star. 

We should be in the business of overpaying some fvcks to put on our sweater, because the team as it is right now is not a playoff contender and I’m so fvcking tired of cheering for a loser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MB3 said:

We should be in the business of overpaying some fvcks to put on our sweater, because the team as it is right now is not a playoff contender and I’m so fvcking tired of cheering for a loser.

Agreed. Who have we passed on because they were too expensive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MB3 said:

Something people keep forgetting when they’re saying “BUT WE HAVE OUR OWN GUYS TO SIGNNNNNN”: Andy Greene is gone next year. Taylor Hall already counts for 6m on the cap. 

We aren’t close to the cap. We’re BARELY at the cap floor. We will not be close to the cap unless someone we DONT expect turns into a star. 

We should be in the business of overpaying some fvcks to put on our sweater, because the team as it is right now is not a playoff contender and I’m so fvcking tired of cheering for a loser.

Cheer for the Rangers, the all time winning team :D :D :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Something people keep forgetting when they’re saying “BUT WE HAVE OUR OWN GUYS TO SIGNNNNNN”: Andy Greene is gone next year. Taylor Hall already counts for 6m on the cap. 

We aren’t close to the cap. We’re BARELY at the cap floor. We will not be close to the cap unless someone we DONT expect turns into a star. 

We should be in the business of overpaying some fvcks to put on our sweater, because the team as it is right now is not a playoff contender and I’m so fvcking tired of cheering for a loser.

Go have a drink or seven and relax. You sound like Daniel from two weeks ago lol.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.