2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

If I'm remembering correctly, 4th development camp for McLeod, Bastian, Anderson, Gignac, and Cormier, 5th development camp (unless they missed one of the years since their draft year) for Speers and White.

Aside from the obvious guys (Hughes, Smith, Boqvist), I'm really looking forward to seeing Graeme Clarke, Nikita Okhotyuk, Nikola Pasic, and Maltsev. Clarke's hands are utterly sick, hope he gets to shine in some shootout drills, Okhotyuk I just haven't paid much attention to in the past so I just want to learn more about him, Pasic I think might turn into a real steal from the 7th Round and he can really shoot the puck, and this is Maltsev's first camp which should be fun to watch.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

If I'm remembering correctly, 4th development camp for McLeod, Bastian, Anderson, Gignac, and Cormier, 5th development camp (unless they missed one of the years since their draft year) for Speers and White.

Aside from the obvious guys (Hughes, Smith, Boqvist), I'm really looking forward to seeing Graeme Clarke, Nikita Okhotyuk, Nikola Pasic, and Maltsev. Clarke's hands are utterly sick, hope he gets to shine in some shootout drills, Okhotyuk I just haven't paid much attention to in the past so I just want to learn more about him, Pasic I think might turn into a real steal from the 7th Round and he can really shoot the puck, and this is Maltsev's first camp which should be fun to watch.

Also looking forward to hearing about Zetterlund and the Penn St kid.

McLeod is one of those guys who's headed towards Q territory for me...I just don't expect much of anything from him at this point.  I'm guessing he's eventually being moved as part of a package for something better, or going in an under-the-radar kind of deal within a year or two.  Would love to be proven wrong. 

• Like 4

Congrats on the quality post Neb00rs! Even though I have the attention span of a gnat I couldn't ever get through it but I appreciate the hell out of the effort and quality. 

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, devlman said:

Also looking forward to hearing about Zetterlund and the Penn St kid.

Is Talvitie ready to go? I know he got injured at the WJC, and was supposedly going to be out for quite a while. 

17 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I love it when you call me big Popu 

3 minutes ago, moustic said:

If only you knew what "popu" means in French....   

That kind of only makes it funnier. 

56 minutes ago, devlman said:

What about Blake speers? Must be number 8 for him. He must be 31 by now he’s been around so long

Colby Sissons is also a name I have heard so many times yet I am not sure if he's real or imaginary. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Is Talvitie ready to go? I know he got injured at the WJC, and was supposedly going to be out for quite a while. 

He’s on the list of attendees. He got injured back in January if I recall. So he should be ready by now. If not, maybe he’s an observer or light participant.

3 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

- Nicholas Canade doesn't do a ton for me, smaller kid that plays with a lot of bite. Kinda like Brendan Gallagher but without the finishing touch, had 4th line numbers for Mississauga the past couple seasons.

FYI, Jack Hughes' best friend. Even came with him to the draft. Unlikely he would have been invited to camp sans that connection.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

FYI, Jack Hughes' best friend. Even came with him to the draft. Unlikely he would have been invited to camp sans that connection.

Keeping a guy like that around makes Jack Hughes look like he is NHL sized.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Well one thing is for sure, they stole those jeans and sneakers from some hot chicks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

McLeod is one of those guys who's headed towards Q territory for me...I just don't expect much of anything from him at this point.  I'm guessing he's eventually being moved as part of a package for something better, or going in an under-the-radar kind of deal within a year or two.  Would love to be proven wrong. 

I think McLeod's better than Q in that his numbers in junior were far superior and he has a ton of speed which is usually enough to make you a useful player.  You could do a lot worse having a guy like that as your fourth line center.

I thought he might be a good candidate for a trade for Pulujarvi, but if the Devils saw him as anything more than a reclamation project I think they would have gotten him by now.