Daniel

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Isn't that like..... Illegal?

Not even a little bit. It’s really fvcking sh!tty though.

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Isn't that like..... Illegal?

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Not even a little bit. It’s really fvcking sh!tty though.

The scumbag involved has been revealed to often be the venue themselves. But it’s only illegal (in NJ) if the asking price is more than 50% higher than the face value, IF the seller is a ticket broker. 

2 hours ago, sundstrom said:

i love the optimism that injuries won't answer a lot of these roster questions.

There could be preseason injuries that solve the roster questions in time for game 1 of the season. But, it's also not like there are no guys who are probably AHL-bound who are deserving of more of an NHL look (Bastian, McLeod, Anderson, etc...). Point is, it wouldn't surprise me if the Devils made a minor transaction to clean things up a bit. But, yeah, they could wait to see where they stand health-wise post-preseason before making any decisions - that's probably the smart thing to do. But if everyone is healthy heading into Oct. 4, they will indeed have to make a decision.

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

@MadDog2020's favorite player.

At least “Tayler” is on board with New Jersey. 

#HallWatch2019

• Like 3

That totally count as a win... Just sayin'... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You don't think Wood on the 4th line, with his speed, would be able to take advantage of other team's slower 4th lines?  

Oh for sure, but I think he'd be better suited to 3rd line minutes ideally.. I think you're wasting a player of his calibur on the 4th line. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Oh for sure, but I think he'd be better suited to 3rd line minutes ideally.. I think you're wasting a player of his calibur on the 4th line. 

I get what you mean, but isn't that sort of the idea of building the best team and/or a championship caliber team.... to have good/great players on all lines?   Personally I'm still on the fence in regards to Wood's abilities and potential, but if you're of the belief that he's more of a 3rd line player, and our team is deep to the point where he only fits on the 4th line, I feel like that's a good problem to have.  I mean, if you had a team of Ovechkin/Crosby/Kane/Lanie/Matthews/Kucherov/Stamkos/Hall/Malkin as your top 9, and then you were forced to put MacKinnon on the 4th line, I don't think anyone would see that was a "waste" :D  And that's for someone of his caliber.  It's even less of a waste when it's someone like Wood.

I’d be tossing that through someone’s window!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah seriously wtf is with those pants and how does a grown man think that’s in any way fashionable.

With Valimaki from Flames being injured for loooong time... Does it make Vatanen a sexy trade for them ? 
I know that Vatanen's trade is not always supported but what if the price is right ? What can we get from them ? 

36 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Panthers are retiring Luongo’s number on March 7- first Panther player to have his number retired. Well deserved. https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27372488/panthers-retire-luongo-number-march

Lol what a pathetic franchise. Roberto has a grand total of 2 playoff wins WITH Florida and only made the playoffs one time. He had 230 wins with Florida and 195 of them were meaingless(he had 35 wins in 15-16 when they made the playoffs once with him) 

We should have a higher standard for player numbers getting retired and I would be ashamed if we did something like this as a franchise. 

35 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lol what a pathetic franchise. Roberto has a grand total of 2 playoff wins WITH Florida and only made the playoffs one time. He had 230 wins with Florida and 195 of them were meaingless(he had 35 wins in 15-16 when they made the playoffs once with him) 

We should have a higher standard for player numbers getting retired and I would be ashamed if we did something like this as a franchise. 

Luongo is a Hall of Fame goalie who played for a Hall of Shame franchise.  He did everything he could.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. The Panthers are a sad franchise, but he’s the best player they’ve ever had. He’s their all-time leader in wins and shutouts, and more importantly, he’s been huge in the South Florida community in terms of charity work and the like. He absolutely deserves the honor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

It’s a bit borderline, but I think deserved, akin to the Devils retiring Daneyko’s number.  It would be one thing if out of nowhere they decided to retire Ed Jovanovski’s number just to sell some tickets and create an artificial buzz like the Rangers do when they retire numbers of players who retired more than 30 years ago.  But Luongo is a Hall of Famer who spent roughly half his career in Florida who also has a connection to the area and to the franchise that’s more significant than a great player who played some games there.

• Like 2