2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

35 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This guy is a meme. It's not true. 

What are you going to do about it? Every fanbase has the loud group of idiots. If you're ignorant enough to legitimately lump and entire group of people for the loud idiots, maybe you're part of the group and don't realize it. They're not going anywhere. Your best course of action is simply to show you aren't one of them by knowing your sh!t.

Yes, every fanbase has their idiots.  But, for the umpteenth time I have said over the years, ours tend to be louder/bigger than many others or at least what it should be. 

I have never seen a fanbase that has a sizable portion wishing their starting goaltender to fail just to prop up a backup simply because they have a deranged belief that said starter "stole" the job from the HOFer he replaced.

I mean, the leader of one of our largest supporters group (Crazies) openly and unapologetically follows that line of thought in my previous statement regarding Schneider.  This is not some idiot who watches 2-3 games a year; this is an idiot who watches every game and goes to every single event for 30+ years.

27 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I mean, the leader of one of our largest supporters group (Crazies) openly and unapologetically follows that line of thought in my previous statement regarding Schneider.  This is not some idiot who watches 2-3 games a year; this is an idiot who watches every game and goes to every single event for 30+ years.

There's a whopping like 5-10 people who are actually in that group and I would be absolutely offended to be lumped in the same category of idiots because of a group of 5-10 people lol

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

There's a whopping like 5-10 people who are actually in that group and I would be absolutely offended to be lumped in the same category of idiots because of a group of 5-10 people lol

They have more believe it or not.  5-10 are the hardcore members but there are dozens more casual members (but have their jerseys) and many seriously listen to that bozo.

You should have seen how much I enjoyed sitting next to 4-5 of them in a game in the 17-18 season in the lower level where one of them actually booed Zajac when he scored because he hated him.

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

You should have seen how much I enjoyed sitting next to 4-5 of them in a game in the 17-18 season in the lower level where one of them actually booed Zajac when he scored because he hated him.

I don't even do that for Zacha. I just sit there, frowning menacingly. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

They have more believe it or not.  5-10 are the hardcore members but there are dozens more casual members (but have their jerseys) and many seriously listen to that bozo.

I thankfully don't sit anywhere near them and that sucks you got stuck near some of them. I've never been a fan of them going back to the old Meadowlands days. 

I really don't see many people with their jerseys walking around but maybe I'm just super lucky lol

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yes, every fanbase has their idiots.  But, for the umpteenth time I have said over the years, ours tend to be louder/bigger than many others or at least what it should be. 

I have never seen a fanbase that has a sizable portion wishing their starting goaltender to fail just to prop up a backup simply because they have a deranged belief that said starter "stole" the job from the HOFer he replaced.

You're making a bigger deal out of this than it really is and there's nothing you can do about it anyway. Stupid people existg-ignore them like eveyone else does. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

You're making a bigger deal out of this than it really is and there's nothing you can do about it anyway. Stupid people existg-ignore them like eveyone else does. 

Thank you.  This argument kills me.  I cannot fathom how anyone gets butt hurt over what people say on the internet because they share an interest.  I've never been exposed to these people so I must be doing something right.

55 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I thankfully don't sit anywhere near them and that sucks you got stuck near some of them. I've never been a fan of them going back to the old Meadowlands days. 

I really don't see many people with their jerseys walking around but maybe I'm just super lucky lol

I purposefully buy tickets in areas away from them (as well as other groups).

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Thank you.  This argument kills me.  I cannot fathom how anyone gets butt hurt over what people say on the internet because they share an interest.  I've never been exposed to these people so I must be doing something right.

Thanks for telling me how I should feel.

Just now, MB3 said:

I know I’ve got some Floridian brethren here, stay safe everyone. My wife and I are planning our evacuation pending tomorrow’s 5:00 report... but the one that just dropped has a Cat-4 hitting Vero Beach (where I live). 

During Irma 2 years ago we had our roof caved in by a tree and no power for 3 weeks... after a category 3 passed by out to sea. If this is direct landfall and it is in fact Vero Beach, there is about a 70% chance I’m homeless by Tuesday.

life hits you fast, ladies and gents

I have family in Palm Beach County- cousins live up in Lake Worth, and my aunt and uncle are in Boca. Stay safe down there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This guy is a meme. It's not true. 

What are you going to do about it? Every fanbase has the loud group of idiots. If you're ignorant enough to legitimately lump and entire group of people for the loud idiots, maybe you're part of the group and don't realize it. They're not going anywhere. Your best course of action is simply to show you aren't one of them by knowing your sh!t.

Stick taps, you’re absolutely right 

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

I know I’ve got some Floridian brethren here, stay safe everyone. My wife and I are planning our evacuation pending tomorrow’s 5:00 report... but the one that just dropped has a Cat-4 hitting Vero Beach (where I live). 

During Irma 2 years ago we had our roof caved in by a tree and no power for 3 weeks... after a category 3 passed by out to sea. If this is direct landfall and it is in fact Vero Beach, there is about a 70% chance I’m homeless by Tuesday.

If you need a place to escape to, hit me up... problem is you might end up being in the second landfall...

8 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Why mess with a good thing! Let it be NHL

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

Many friends/family down there saying its a madhouse, gas lines and even no gas already. Be safe

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

Stay Safe up there.  It's already turning into a Mad House here in Palm Beach County, Publix totally out of water huge gas lines etc.  The Euro Model had it coming right at us, Hurricane Center at you all.  No one seems to have an idea where it's going.  Could be anywhere from Miami to Jacksonville at this rate.

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

Hope it misses you guys and the rest of our Florida members on here

Edited by Satans Hockey