Daniel

2019 Offseason Thread

25 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Something that will cost 40 hours in a week. And if it about one team? Do you think that this information truly needs in 8 hours of responsible work? I don’t. For me it’s not enough to talk about how devils is good and spend their summer time. 

I hope you understand that I’m “against” them, not you.

I’m sorry but I have no idea what you mean. 

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’m sorry but I have no idea what you mean. 

How much time you need to write something same about rangers offseason? About their trades and nearest future prospects? In the same way and scope as in preview. 

I just little bit disappointed that biggest nhl online resource doesn’t dig deeper, doesn’t consider internal  competition, etc. Trades, Hughes, look at past traumatic hall and schneider. That’s all. For me it’s not enough for considerable resource. 

On 8/16/2019 at 6:53 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I have to say, they hit a bullseye with this design.  Doesn't need to re-invent the wheel but still creative and it obviously shows they are celebrating a milestone.

These mostly white, clean-looking jerseys really look good on the Adidas and even Reebok templates and this is a good example of it.  Another good example has been my other favorite non-Devils alternate of the last 10 years which was the Red Wings Centennial Classic uniform that was mostly white with some silver accents.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

I have to say, they hit a bullseye with this design.  Doesn't need to re-invent the wheel but still creative and it obviously shows they are celebrating a milestone.

These mostly white, clean-looking jerseys really look good on the Adidas and even Reebok templates and this is a good example of it.  Another good example has been my other favorite non-Devils alternate of the last 10 years which was the Red Wings Centennial Classic uniform that was mostly white with some silver accents.

Yeah, the bolded pretty much sums it up for me.  Perfect "augmented" design for a celebratory jersey. 

Anybody ever stay at the Marriott next to Prudential? I live pretty far away ~1.5 hrs away, and am going to opening night. Typically i make the drive home but since it is a friday night I wanted to make a night of it with the wife. Maybe go to the bars after the game? It looks pretty nice and has good ratings, my other option would be to stay somewhere close to the wayne area and uber/lyft it to the hotel/wayne area bars after the game.

I assume they have enough off street parking?

1 hour ago, lucifer91 said:

Anybody ever stay at the Marriott next to Prudential? I live pretty far away ~1.5 hrs away, and am going to opening night. Typically i make the drive home but since it is a friday night I wanted to make a night of it with the wife. Maybe go to the bars after the game? It looks pretty nice and has good ratings, my other option would be to stay somewhere close to the wayne area and uber/lyft it to the hotel/wayne area bars after the game.

I've never parked, but I've stayed there a few times. It's a fine hotel. There's an exit that's 'in' the big bridge that connects Newark Penn Station to the Prudential Center, so it's probably the single most convenient place to stay. 

There'll be plenty of bars walking distance from the Pru after the game is over. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lucifer91 said:

If you're not in the area too often for any significant amount of time, I'd say your best bet for some great food and drinks is in the Ironbound 5 minute walk away (yes, it's safe), somewhere like Iberia Peninsula, Fornos of Spain, or one of my favorites, Adega Grill (great bar room too) is where it's at. I also like Portucale for some great Portuguese food (shrimp in garlic sauce, grilled octopus, grilled meat, etc.) which also has a bar and should be open late too. A lot of options around, and in my opinion, really quality options; if you dig Brazilian or general Iberian food, there's really nothing in the Northeast, in my opinion, that beats this slice of Newark. And they all have bars of different sizes and shapes if you're just looking to just hop around and get drinks. Iberia Peninsula has fun little outdoor area if the weather's nice too.

That's all in addition to the bars immediately around the arenas too, which should be buzzing after the home opener.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

I've never parked, but I've stayed there a few times. It's a fine hotel. There's an exit that's 'in' the big bridge that connects Newark Penn Station to the Prudential Center, so it's probably the single most convenient place to stay. 

There'll be plenty of bars walking distance from the Pru after the game is over. 

The Hilton is super convenient as well. That’s were we stayed the couple times we’ve came up there for games. Connects right to the train station, and has a walkway that takes you directly across the street from the arena. 

Posted (edited)

I just hate the nicknames on the jerseys.  Like that BOLTS jersey.

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 2

Those away unis are freakin hideous.  Oh my freakin Lord.

• Like 1

Maybe this for their Xmas unis:

Image result for cane Weak.  Lame.  CANES.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just here to say PK Subban is a NJ Devil. 

Guy is such a personality and a goofball. He posted his phone number (I'm assuming a WhatsApp burner number) on Instagram earlier today just for sh!ts and giggles

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I just hate the nicknames on the jerseys.  Like that BOLTS jersey.

I said the same on the jersey collecting forum I frequent. 

I like the Bolts one. Not the canes. Hilarious when you think of how different the name is though. Imagine if their jerseys had logos with bolts and canes on them instead 😂 

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I like the Bolts one. Not the canes. Hilarious when you think of how different the name is though. Imagine if their jerseys had logos with bolts and canes on them instead 😂 

See the source image

Image result for red and black cane

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Now do the Sens

See the source imageSlim pickins...

Image result for sens

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 1

We've hit peak offseason in this thread and I'm loving it :lol: