Daniel

2019 Offseason Thread

Can we please stop spamming a website labeled “nhl trade rumors.me” because that’s a 14 year old with a blog.

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

speaking of bryce Salvador, haven't seen anything from him in a while. What's up?

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

Can we please stop spamming a website labeled “nhl trade rumors.me” because that’s a 14 year old with a blog.

I am inclined to agree, I just read through their site for a bit and almost every rumor was wrong, like their Gardiner destination teams. Lets put a pause on links from there for now until they get something right.

• Like 5

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind it. It gives something to talk about just for fun even if it isn't credible. There's literally nothing else going on right now. I feel like if eveyone is on the same page that it's Єklund (2.3% accurate) levels of bullsh!t it can be good for some laughs if nothing else.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind it. It gives something to talk about just for fun even if it isn't credible. There's literally nothing else going on right now. I feel like if eveyone is on the same page that it's Єklund (2.3% accurate) levels of bullsh!t it can be good for some laughs if nothing else.

I’d rather discuss stuff that’s credible.

32 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d rather discuss stuff that’s credible.

At this point, that’s nothing. 

IDK at this point I'd rather take bogus rumors talk over Taylor Hall speculation and line combo predictions.

Per @IgorEronko, Pavel Zacha has agreed to terms with Avangard of the KHL.

I have a feeling the contract has an out clause to the NHL and this is just for him to get the ball rolling with the Devils.  I doubt he will even step foot in Russia.

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Per @IgorEronko, Pavel Zacha has agreed to terms with Avangard of the KHL.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

I have a feeling the contract has an out clause to the NHL and this is just for him to get the ball rolling with the Devils.  I doubt he will even step foot in Russia.

That was my feeling as well. At least I hope so, I wouldn’t want to miss out on the bag of pucks we could have traded him for. 

• Like 1

Edit: [REDACTED]

Edited by Crisis

I just learned that in 2014 he was selected #82 overall in the KHL, and then we picked him with the #6 overall in 2015.

KHL scouts knew what they were doing better than ours did. 

I wonder if the holdup is term then cause I can't see it being dollar. Last season was the first real glimpse of what kind of offensive performance he can put up with a guy like Bratt feeding him the puck. It would be a shame to see him leave now.

@MB3, I don’t remember the exact terms of our bet (+/- 50 points this season), but I believe if he does not play in the NHL, the bet was a nullify, correct?

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I wonder if the holdup is term then cause I can't see it being dollar. Last season was the first real glimpse of what kind of offensive performance he can put up with a guy like Bratt feeding him the puck. It would be a shame to see him leave now.

Could simply be Zacha's camp wants him to be paid like a 6th overall that he was while Shero wants to pay him like a bottom 6 player that he is.

That's a total guess but it seems like they have been stuck given how late it is and now with the news of this signing.

Could simply be Zacha's camp wants him to be paid like a 6th overall that he was while Shero wants to pay him like a bottom 6 player that he is.

That's a total guess but it seems like they have been stuck given how late it is and now with the news of this signing.

Zacha's camp isn't that mental....but on the off-chance they are...

Shero:

Animated GIF

If that’s the case, Zacha’s camp has clearly pitched their tents in Fantasyland. 

And before anyone else makes a tent pitching joke, allow me. 

43002063230_a3fafd7ac5_b.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Zacha's camp isn't that mental....but on the off-chance they are...

Shero:

Animated GIF

It's total speculation on my part.

However, his agent is Patrik Stefan...….

• Like 1

What a little piece of sh!t.

If he seriously bolts for the KHL I want you folks who defend this kid to let me go off without telling me how young he is.

• Like 2

Also I hereby give @SterioDesign a pass to go off on Lou and Conte for this disastrous pick.  Because if he doesn't I will.

What a waste of an asset.