Daniel

2019 Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Also I hereby give @SterioDesign a pass to go off on Lou and Conte for this disastrous pick.  Because if he doesn't I will.

What a waste of an asset.

To be fair I believe Lou was already gone but it was definitely a Conte pick. Him and his Zubrus obsession.

7 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

1st 2020

1st 2021

Zacha

Severson

for

Laine 

The only part I don't like in that deal is the 2020 1st.  If it was lottery protected or a later rounder then I would do that.

Also per @IgorEronko, NHL out clauses are forbidden in the KHL.

Bahahahahahahahahaha

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The only part I don't like in that deal is the 2020 1st.  If it was lottery protected or a later rounder then I would do that.

I agree it should probably be lottery protected but it might be the most enticing piece for Winnipeg. By 2021 we should definitely be making regular playoff appearances. Especially if we keep Hall and have Laine. 

45 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Also I hereby give @SterioDesign a pass to go off on Lou and Conte for this disastrous pick.  Because if he doesn't I will.

What a waste of an asset.

Nah you do it. i've said enough

Zacha was picked almost exactly where he was rated by most scouting services. 10 other teams passed on Barzal before the Islanders selected him. I'm really tired of the "draft genius's" harping on this pick as proof that they know more than nhl scouting staffs. It's utter nonsense and confirmation bias. Drafting and scouting players is hard.

I'd love to see the people who wanted Barzal admit just how many times they have been wrong about other players.... for every Barzal there's a Patrik Stefan etc.

There would be a point this crap if we reached for Zacha, or 10 other teams didnt pass on Barzal.  Clearly the scouting services thought there was something to Zacha, and alot of teams thought Barzal had some pretty huge holes in his game.

That said, with the time and effort we have put into Zacha... if he really goes to the KHL I hope he stays there and rots.

• Like 5

I can not see it being about money unless Ray really is low balling him, As someone else mentioned its most likely term, NJ probably does not want to commit to long term contract with his hot/cold play. I would really like to see him play this season he brings a defensive special teams edge that we could use but I wouldn't be to upset if he does a Kovy!

Edited by Devs1965

i actually don't really blame Zacha (in a way) he's been pushed to the 4th line... all the moves ray did to get wingers is also pushing him out of the top 6 for that too... he knew he'd have limited ice time and not much chance to prove himself otherwize so i get he didnt want to commit to any money based on what he was worth... now.... and he knew he couldnt prove himself much more after...

still really sucks tho

edit: Obviously though it's clearly @mfitz804's fault... now we know players ARE reading this forum

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3

Just to confirm, if I ever said I would pack his bags and drive him to the airport, it was said in jest and I’m not actually obligated to do it. 

• Like 1

So the goal song vote is now up for the next few days.  Top 3 choices out of the selection below will be played at Devils preseason games before a final vote.

IMO, the list below is proof to me these were pre-determined before they even asked for suggestions.  Sorry, but no one chose Dee Snider and Queen.  I love Queen and all their songs but Don't Stop Me Now is not a good goal song.  The Devils did a nice job fooling a lot of people into giving them their contact info for their sales CRM.

Ole - The Bouncing Souls

Hey Baby - DJ Otzi

Whoomp! (There It is) - Tag Team

I Wanna Rock - Twister Sister

Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty by Nature

Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen

Howl - Gaslight Anthem

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Apparently it might be fake news and the guy who runs that Russian team said it's not true.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

So the goal song vote is now up for the next few days.  Top 3 choices out of the selection below will be played at Devils preseason games before a final vote.

IMO, the list below is proof to me these were pre-determined before they even asked for suggestions.  Sorry, but no one chose Dee Snider and Queen.  I love Queen and all their songs but Don't Stop Me Now is not a good goal song.  The Devils did a nice job fooling a lot of people into giving them their contact info for their sales CRM.

Ole - The Bouncing Souls

Hey Baby - DJ Otzi

Howl - Gaslight Anthem

Do you have the link to where you can vote? Because I kinda don’t like any of those. Mine as well stay with Gaslight Anthem.

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Per @IgorEronko, Pavel Zacha has agreed to terms with Avangard of the KHL.

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Ole - The Bouncing Souls

Hey Baby - DJ Otzi

Howl - Gaslight Anthem

I'm with you, this list is completely fixed. I don't believe that many people voted for whomp there it is. Nightmare that will be. 

I can't believe anyone voted for hey baby either..... And it's probably the easiest song  on the list to put you suck into lol

I also don't believe that many people voted for naughty by nature or even know they are from Newark..... But the vmas were just there and they performed at the arena a few months ago with Devils jerseys on so that also reeks of the front office putting that song on the list.

fvcking hell I hate this list. I hope Howl wins at this point too. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm with you, this list is completely fixed. I don't believe that many people voted for whomp there it is. Nightmare that will be. 

I can't believe anyone voted for hey baby either..... And it's probably the easiest song  on the list to put you suck into lol

I also don't believe that many people voted for naughty by nature or even know they are from Newark..... But the vmas were just there and they performed at the arena a few months ago with Devils jerseys on so that also reeks of the front office putting that song on the list.

fvcking hell I hate this list. I hope Howl wins at this point too. 

This is why I think that is the one that has a shot of winning.  Devils saw the VMA's and ran with that.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Knowing how much our fan base fears change, I’d have to think Howl wins in a landslide. 

It's the best one out of a sad selection.

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Shero on Zacha per Mike Morreale.

EECaTQkXYAI6w32.jpg:large

That looks a lot like Ray recognizing what Zachas agent is up to and him trying to appeal to Zacha himself. For some reason I get the feeling that Zacha isn't the kind of person that holds out and looks to the KHL without an agent telling him to.