Daniel

2019 Offseason Thread

Maybe I am remembering wrong, but didn't Zacha and his agent have a public hissy fit with the Devils during the early part of 17-18 when Zacha was quickly demoted from the top line after the first 1-2 games of the season and eventually scratched for a bunch of games?

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Didn’t he score on that empty net? No?

oh.

almost.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Paging @mfitz804

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 10.45.34 PM.png

I don’t even need to, I got all my boys trained.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Speaking of,

Great to see that most people absolutely hate this and see right through the front office's nonsense. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Trade him asap, he's dead to me and I'll drive him to the airport, changing my avatar now as well... 

If he cares, maybe he wants to be here. 

Sign a deal and we can make the Hokey Pokey the goal song if he wants. 

6 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm with you, this list is completely fixed. I don't believe that many people voted for whomp there it is. Nightmare that will be. 

I can't believe anyone voted for hey baby either..... And it's probably the easiest song  on the list to put you suck into lol

I also don't believe that many people voted for naughty by nature or even know they are from Newark..... But the vmas were just there and they performed at the arena a few months ago with Devils jerseys on so that also reeks of the front office putting that song on the list.

fvcking hell I hate this list. I hope Howl wins at this point too. 

Another example of the business front office being tone deaf and very unlikeable. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If he cares, maybe he wants to be here. 

Sign a deal and we can make the Hokey Pokey the goal song if he wants. 

If he signs before the season I'll turn myself around on my opinion of this awful song. 

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

You’re forgetting that those sort of stories actually make rap artists MORE legit, not less. 

;) 

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Voted for Howl. Shove it up your ass, Devils business office dorks.

I won't beat up the Devils ownership over this, as they've gotten far more right than wrong since buying the team. 

BUT, I really hate when dweeby out-of-touch corporate lil' schleps get involved with sh!t that they should just steer clear of.  When they don't, you get disasters like The Diablos.  Sometimes certain people insist on fixing what isn't broken.

Hopefully, Howl will win (the song was fine, no reason to change it unless it's for change's sake), and these guys will just leave this alone for a while.

• Like 2

And people made fun of those who flipped out about the jerseys changing...

i cant believe you guys care this much about a goal song lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That’s our fan base, people flip out when anything changes. 

I haven’t voted for a goal song because I don’t care enough to fill out the form. 

Edited by mfitz804

Just now, mfitz804 said:

That’s our fan base, people flip out when anything changes. 

2917891B-6372-425C-8853-5E092A7F6865.gif

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I still don't like the jerseys and I care about the goal song so I cover all the bases lol

I really just don't want to hear an irritating horrendous song several times a night all season long when I'm in the building. 

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I still don't like the jerseys and I care about the goal song so I cover all the bases lol

I really just don't want to hear an irritating horrendous song several times a night all season long when I'm in the building. 

Fvck that, if we are scoring several times a game all season long they can pay fvcking Love Shack or some sh!t. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Fvck that, if we are scoring several times a game all season long they can pay fvcking Love Shack or some sh!t. 

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't we just have a normal goal song that isn't annoying as fvck and score a ton of goals? Am I asking for too much? Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't we just have a normal goal song that isn't annoying as fvck and score a ton of goals? Am I asking for too much? Lol

Short answer is yes. Meme answer is:

44185615874_bca9b3499d_b.jpg

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

As far as the jerseys went, yeah, I wasn't happy about the new ones (still not a huge fan), and of course, some people automatically assumed that those who were opposed simply fear change by default.  My main beef was if you're going to fvck with something, then improve upon it.  My issue was that the new design felt like a downgrade, and it still does (though I can live with it). 

I can't honestly say that I'm super-duper passionate about the goal song, but I think Howl was working out very well, after a run of post-R&R Part II songs that never felt quite right.  I'm more in the "It's Fine, Just Leave It" camp.  Especially when the list I'm seeing sure doesn't scream "BETTER".  And it's not like there was a lot of calling for Howl to be replaced, so I can't but wonder what the point of changing it is. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As far as the jerseys went, yeah, I wasn't happy about the new ones (still not a huge fan), and of course, some people automatically assumed that those who were opposed simply fear change by default.  My main beef was if you're going to fvck with something, then improve upon it.  My issue was that the new design felt like a downgrade, and it still does (though I can live with it). 

Many said they would never buy one. I’m sure some still feel that way. I don’t, neither do you. 

But those who were going to protest outside the arena, or burn down the owners’ houses, or whatever, I don’t believe they followed through with their fake outrage. 

Honestly I don’t think they were improved by the changes, but I’m still ok with them. I’ve become used to them and now hardly notice the difference.