Jump to content

2019 Offseason Thread


Daniel
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

To be fair, if you a draft a center 1st overall and he doesn't turn into a true #1 center.. he's going to end up being considered a disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, love Nico and what he brings.  But.. if he peaks as a 2C.. yikes.

Hey quitting on Nico’s development and ceiling now is very premature. There’s no sign he can’t be elite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, I’m sure he won’t even call because he has no idea what he’s doing. 

I imagine this dope they brought on, Tyler Dellows, will tell him that Panarin is a bad player because he doesn’t score enough goals on a cap dollar basis.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Is it easy to add and remove a user to ignore quickly? Just for a few weeks? Cuz my mans has lost his marbles and it’s making this forum unreadable. 

Add a reminder to your outlook calendar, then you can just unblock him after Ray makes a few good moves and watch him back pedal... Or double down. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Add a reminder to your outlook calendar, then you can just unblock him after Ray makes a few good moves and watch him back pedal... Or double down. 

Or when it turns out I’m right, we can go to this plot of land I bought in French Guyana and enjoy a nice swing of fruit punch all together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"You" make this forum really tough to appreciate these days... 
This is painful to watch, to read...

Let him troll and think whatever he wants about Shero. He is in bullrage mode... What's the point to argue with him anyway ? 
Let's wait that the smoke of this few days fall and let's enjoy Draft-day ... Damn, it's supposed to be fun remember ? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Read that the Jets may be after Faulk... so maybe they wanted to get back a first round pick because they need it for another trade.

That been said... there's not that many other dmen apparently on the trade block or that teams are debating... Ghostisbehere, Faulk, Provorov, McAvoy, Zaitsev... I'd be fine with any of them but i'd be surprised to se it happen

On the market there's not much either... Myer, Gardiner, Stralman, Kronwall... 

its a bad timing cause a lot of teams have better assets than us and looking for the same thing, we're also not super attractive on the market compared to some of them

For example... we'd both like Ehlers or Faulk... chances are that one is traded for the other. Then boom. off the market

What sucks is that... you can't guarantee that you'll get talent... you can sure try and put yourself in a position to be able to get talent... but it's often out of your hands... and if you force something (overpay like crazy) then it's often a bad move too 

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shero should look into trying to get Nylander from Toronto. They're up against the cap, most likely not on the best terms with Nylander, and his value is at an all time low. Seems like an opportunistic Shero type of move waiting to happen. Nylander is a really good player who would fit in with the Devils' timeline. Despite his relatively low value, I still don't think it would be cheap, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think we should have Shero and Daniel battle in a steel cage match. 

I’m guessing he’ll have his big summer acquisition — Tyler Myers — stand in for him while he’s out not making the team better.  Myers may suck at hockey, but he’ll definitely make mince meat of me in the cage match.

Edited by Daniel
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Can we make a bet?

If by some miracle Panarin becomes a Devil, Daniel has to wear a banana costume for 24 hours. On a workday. 

I work from home most of the time, so bet accepted.  You’re paying for the costume though.

I cannot wear it to court though, sorry.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Daniel said:

I work from home most of the time, so bet accepted.  You’re paying for the costume though.

I cannot wear it to court though, sorry.

I’ve been to court. They’ve seen worse. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i mean... Shero could offer... 7 years at 16m per for Panarin... (which would not be a good move but the most desperate one) Panarin would then take a discount to play in... Vancouver for 4million a year cause his wife like the mountains and the ocean... and some would still say that Shero fvcked up.

There's really only so much you can do when you're bidding against god knows how many teams

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean... Shero could offer... 7 years at 16m per for Panarin... (which would not be a good move but the most desperate one) Panarin would then take a discount to play in... Vancouver for 4million a year cause his wife like the mountains and the ocean... and some would still say that Shero fvcked up.

There's really only so much you can do when you're bidding against god knows how many teams

$12 million a year with a lot of bonus money up front will be more than anyone else offers.  That’s not the type of money Ray believes in giving anyone so he’s not going to pick up the phone.  

If you listen to everything the man says, he is of the belief that you win by having cap flexibility.  He’s wrong of course, but he’s running the show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Daniel said:

$12 million a year with a lot of bonus money up front will be more than anyone else offers.  That’s not the type of money Ray believes in giving anyone so he’s not going to pick up the phone.  

If you listen to everything the man says, he is of the belief that you win by having cap flexibility.  He’s wrong of course, but he’s running the show.

that's the difference with you and everyone else here... we actually LISTEN to what Shero is saying, see what he's trying to do and we understand it. You CLEARLY don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

that's the difference with you and everyone else here... we actually LISTEN to what Shero is saying, see what he's trying to do and we understand it. You CLEARLY don't.

I listen when he repeatedly says that cap space, not good players, is the most important asset a team can have.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I work from home most of the time, so bet accepted.  You’re paying for the costume though.

I cannot wear it to court though, sorry.

You have to save that for when Shero shocks the world and trades for Doughty. 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.