Jump to content

2019 Offseason Thread


Daniel
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Aw damn can someone else explain to him? Now I feel bad 

Sorry.  I'm not innocent but I'm still innocent.

lol.  

 

 (though I bet the other "stan" signifies someone stupid overreacting to nothing, I bet.   Whatever, though.   It's all good.  )

Edited by glenwo2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Carbonneau’s induction just lowered the bar. It really pisses me off he got in. He’s not a HOF’er. Nice player. Not even close to being HOF worthy.

I'm okay with Elias not getting in as a first ballot HOFer. Such is consistent with precedent for the stats and accolades (or lack thereof) he has. 

I also don't mind inducting players whose overall impact on the game over a shorter time period was incredibly significant. The NFL does that and it makes sense, because stats by longevitity doesn't always equate to greatness. 

That said, I don't get the Guy Carbonneau induction. He won the Selke three times, not the Art Ross, not MVP. 

His 663 points over 1,318 games in a time of just absurd amounts of scoring is really mediocre as well. 

He won three Cups as part of great teams, but if he is a Hall of Famer, so is Jere Lehtinem who had 514 points over only 875 games in a time of dead puck hockey, won three Selkes, and a Cup. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kariya: 989 games, 402G, 587A, 989P

Elias: 1240 games, 408G, 617A, 1025P

Virtually the same stats but Kariya played 250 games less because of concussion issues (Scott Stevens). 

Not saying Patty shouldn’t be in, but Kariya was exactly a PPG player and he belongs in the Hall. 54 players have averaged a point per game in their career with a minimum of 500 points. Looks to me like most of them, save for the active guys and Jagr, are in the Hall. I only see one I know for sure is not. 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-points-per-game-leaders.html

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Kariya: 989 games, 402G, 587A, 989P

Elias: 1240 games, 408G, 617A, 1025P

Virtually the same stats but Kariya played 250 games less because of concussion issues (Scott Stevens). 

Not saying Patty shouldn’t be in, but Kariya was exactly a PPG player and he belongs in the Hall. 54 players have averaged a point per game in their career with a minimum of 500 points. Looks to me like most of them, save for the active guys and Jagr, are in the Hall. I only see one I know for sure is not. 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-points-per-game-leaders.html

So Patty gets punished just 'cause Kariya played less games?

Yes, I agree that Kariya is a PPG player as well. 

 

But Elias winning 2 Cups(and being instrumental in them, instead of being a passenger like a Ray Bourque) should put him on Even footing in comparison with Paul "PPG" Kariya....or even slightly more.

Edited by glenwo2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

So Patty gets punished just 'cause Kariya played less games?

Yes, I agree that Kariya is a PPG player as well. 

 

But Elias winning 2 Cups(and being instrumental in them, instead of being a passenger like a Ray Bourque) should put him on Even footing in comparison with Paul "PPG" Kariya....or even slightly more.

No, one has nothing to do with the other. Nobody got “punished”. It’s just facts. 

I’m glad you “agree” he’s a PPG player, because that’s just a fact. Do you also agree that monkeys eat bananas and that the earth is round?

The point is, Kariya is one of only a handful of guys to be a PPG guy. He is worthy of the Hall. There’s a reason he got in on the first shot.

Patty is not. He is worthy of the Hall. The fact that he missed THIS year, weak as it was, is a shame. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No, one has nothing to do with the other. Nobody got “punished”. It’s just facts. 

I’m glad you “agree” he’s a PPG player, because that’s just a fact. Do you also agree that monkeys eat bananas and that the earth is round?

The point is, Kariya is one of only a handful of guys to be a PPG guy. He is worthy of the Hall. There’s a reason he got in on the first shot.

Patty is not. He is worthy of the Hall. The fact that he missed THIS year, weak as it was, is a shame. 

bravo kind sir.

I "agree" the sun is hot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No, one has nothing to do with the other. Nobody got “punished”. It’s just facts. 

I’m glad you “agree” he’s a PPG player, because that’s just a fact. Do you also agree that monkeys eat bananas and that the earth is round?

The point is, Kariya is one of only a handful of guys to be a PPG guy. He is worthy of the Hall. There’s a reason he got in on the first shot.

Patty is not. He is worthy of the Hall. The fact that he missed THIS year, weak as it was, is a shame. 

I believe that monkeys eat a lot of things.

And the earth is as round as Kessel's stomach.

 

And you just contradicted yourself, I think. 

You basically said Patty is not worthy of getting into the Hall on the first shot  YET in the same post, you say it's a shame that he missed THIS year(with how Weak it is) when it is his first shot at getting in.  

spacer.png

(so which is it?) 

 

 

Edited by glenwo2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

You said Patty is not worth of getting into the Hall on the first shot  YET you say it's a shame that he missed THIS year when it is his first shot at getting in.   (so which is it?) 

I didn't say that. I actually said the opposite. Reading is fundamental my man. 

I just disagreed with Nicomo’s point. Kariya getting in on the first ballot doesn’t mean Elias should have. The fact that he was up against Guy fvcking Carbonneau does. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I didn't say that. I actually said the opposite. Reading is fundamental my man. 

My reading abilities are just fine, thank you.  :glare:

 

1.) You said the HOF Class is WEAK this year

2.) You lament that Patty won't be selected despite that

3.) You do say that Kariya deserved to be a first-balloter(which I agree, despite your sarcasm)

Here is your exact quote :

" Patty is not. He is worthy of the Hall. The fact that he missed THIS year, weak as it was, is a shame.  "

 

Where did you say the OPPOSITE? 

Edited by glenwo2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Kariya: 989 games, 402G, 587A, 989P

Elias: 1240 games, 408G, 617A, 1025P

Virtually the same stats but Kariya played 250 games less because of concussion issues (Scott Stevens). 

Not saying Patty shouldn’t be in, but Kariya was exactly a PPG player and he belongs in the Hall. 54 players have averaged a point per game in their career with a minimum of 500 points. Looks to me like most of them, save for the active guys and Jagr, are in the Hall. I only see one I know for sure is not. 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-points-per-game-leaders.html

I literally said I was NOT saying what you think I said. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Here is your exact quote :

" Patty is not. He is worthy of the Hall. The fact that he missed THIS year, weak as it was, is a shame.  "

Which part did you disagree with? That he is not a PPG player, that he missed the Hall, or that it’s a shame?

 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.