Daniel

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, Anhkheg said:

Rangers are at 64 million with 17 million cap space and 4 more roster spaces to fill. They still havent signed Trouba. 11 million (Panarin) + 7 million (Trouba) = 18 million. Cant wait for them to sign Panarin. And in 3 years Kaapo Kakko walks and Shero signs Kaapo Kakko :D (oh what a story).

I hadn't realised they'd be so close to the cap with signing both Trouba & Panarin. Having $16.7m tied up in Shattenkirk, Staal and Brendan Smith for the next two years is really gonna hurt them. What a shame  😁

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

If you read this article and pay close attention to Hall in the video, does it concern you he really wants to jump to a team with some of the best odds to make it to the finals?  Do you think even with the changes the Devils made in the offseason he’s giving off the impression by his demeanor that he still has his mind made up and is planning on leaving?  Sorry to sound so concerned and thinking negatively but I’m really trying to look into his delivery in the video.  Especially how he’s emphasizing the fact he’s only won 1 playoff game so far, which I feel really bad about.  Should I not begin to worry so much until at least after July 1?

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/feature-taylor-hall-talks-off-season-acquisitions/c-308110608

This was discussed in detail in the Hall thread yesterday. 

Edited by MadDog2020

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

I wouldn't want to start it until after the NHL free agency period is done and we have that offseason lull, but a few people have been mentioning board awards lately. Would anyone have interest in doing that again this year? Used to be a lot of fun to do, but we haven't done it in a few years. 

Well I know what award I'm winning.  

Go ahead, MB3.   Say it.  

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

I wouldn't want to start it until after the NHL free agency period is done and we have that offseason lull, but a few people have been mentioning board awards lately. Would anyone have interest in doing that again this year? Used to be a lot of fun to do, but we haven't done it in a few years. 

I’d enjoy participating. 

• Like 3

It was fun as a win a dedication to the team award... Good ol time 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’d enjoy participating. 

Yeah it would be fun. I’m down.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Well I know what award I'm winning.  

Go ahead, MB3.   Say it.  

Widest girth

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anhkheg said:

Rangers are at 64 million with 17 million cap space and 4 more roster spaces to fill. They still havent signed Trouba. 11 million (Panarin) + 7 million (Trouba) = 18 million. Cant wait for them to sign Panarin. And in 3 years Kaapo Kakko walks and Shero signs Kaapo Kakko :D (oh what a story).

This is wishful but incorrect thinking. Vesey and Kreider will be traded. Namestnikov too. Most of their expensive defense has contracts expiring next year. Hank’s deal is up soon and they’ll have goalies on ELCs. 

Gorgiev, Kakko, Chytil, Andersson are all also on ELCs.

theyre fine. It sucks, but they’re fine

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

This is wishful but incorrect thinking. Vesey and Kreider will be traded. Namestnikov too. Most of their expensive defense has contracts expiring next year. Hank’s deal is up soon and they’ll have goalies on ELCs. 

Oh I know the slippery gits will persuade someone to take a crap contract. They always do. Those three on defense though will be tough to shift without either retaining cash or sweetening the pot.

I know we don’t sign panarin yet, may be we are not in battle for him. But... hipotethically - if we sign 27yo panarin for 7 years on big price - we look more attractive for 27yo hall. At the same time we have insurance if diva hall will go away. 

4 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I know we don’t sign panarin yet, may be we are not in battle for him. But... hipotethically - if we sign 27yo panarin for 7 years on big price - we look more attractive for 27yo hall. At the same time we have insurance if diva hall will go away. 

So, signing the best available free agent would be a good idea?

Posted (edited)

Sabres acquire Colin Miller for a 2021 2nd and a 2022 fifth.

If we didn’t have P.K., I’d be inclined to wonder why we didn’t make that move. 

I would have liked Miller additionally but oh well.

Edited by jagknife

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So, signing the best available free agent would be a good idea?

I just don’t understand roots of discussion about high price long term contract for ppg player who make his teammates better.

Everyone remember lovey story, but blue jackets was strong playoff team with him, Atlanta wasn’t. At the same time Dallas take much from radulov, Pitts and wash take everything from ovi and malkin. And I don’t talk about Tampa. Having big Russian player with or without hall in his big Russian player prime years... or continue our favorite lovely rebuild.

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Widest girth

1 hour ago, CMONPETEYD said:

Most likely to over-compensate?

You two know me so well....

17 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Idk who we should sign, I do know who not to sign though. Stafford

I'd rather try Perry out than give Stafford another go as the maintenance guy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'd rather try Perry out than give Stafford another go as the maintenance guy. 

I’d rather sign you then give Stafford another go as the maintenance guy. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d rather sign you then give Stafford another go as the maintenance guy. 

I did have my second 1G 2A game in a row in my beer league the other night...just saying.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I did have my second 1G 2A game in a row in my beer league the other night...just saying.

82G, 164A pace. Sign him now. 

Edited by mfitz804
Maths
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

82G, 164A pace. Sign him now. 

Hall-Hischier-Palms Bratt-Hughes-NJDevils1214 cup.jpeg

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hall-Hischier-Palms Bratt-Hughes-NJDevils1214 cup.jpeg

Wow I'm second line material? Flattered. Going to have to pull age rank on Bratter and move him to RW though. I like to have that forehand shot coming off the boards.

• Haha 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Wow I'm second line material? Flattered. Going to have to pull age rank on Bratter and move him to RW though. I like to have that forehand shot coming off the boards.

You roll at a 164 point pace, we gotta give you a shot in the top six. 🤣

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You roll at a 164 point pace, we gotta give you a shot in the top six. 🤣

Cough 246 point pace cough cough

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

If they do what you just said, then Rangers will have an AHL top 12 with Panarin. BTW, the Dmen are all signed until 2021. They are far from fine. Also, just hearing a rumor that the Rangers will most likely sign Trouba for 7 years @ 7.5 to 8 million a year. That is awesome.

• Confused 1